• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Jman clearly hasn't watched (or has forgotten watching) Revolutionary Girl Utena.

There's gender bender in Tales of Graces? My interest level has just increased greatly.

Just the usual fan genderswap. Sorry to disappoint.

wOob4.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection 19:

rn2Dal.jpg

Cold-blooded assassin.

This is probably the least-accessible Kaneko episode for those who aren't regular watchers and had the most reserved direction of the three episodes he's helmed, but it was still good for what it was. Taking the form of a small countryside murder mystery complete with a Poirot lookalike,
Akechi's guilt over killing Nobunaga
is projected within a symbolic dreamscape where Akechi's subconscious forces her to overcome her denial and accept that
she has killed Nobunaga

Notable within the episode was the reuse of characters from previous weeks portraying entirely different characters within Akechi's dream. Even with their identities changed, the relationships between these characters still paralleled those of their Sengoku selves, and through that it was possible to guess the episode's "twist" (
Akechi being the murderer
) ahead of time. For instance, the face of the murder victim remains unknown for the majority of the episode, however the victim's two sisters take the form of Tokugawa Ieyasu and Toyotomi Hideyoshi, two of the three daimyo credited with the unification of Japan. Two "rivals" of the murder victim, Imagawa Yoshimoto and Matsunaga Hisahide, are interviewed as suspects. The only character that logically fits both roles (aided in the unification of Japan and had Imagawa and Hisahide as enemies) is
Nobunaga
, and I enjoyed the deliberate clue-dropping through the use of familiar faces.

I'm definitely interested to see whether or not the show will actually decide to
leave Nobunaga dead for good
, especially in consideration that the end of the episode indicated that Akechi's dream was indeed
after the fact
. I don't think that a really interesting finale is out of the question.

7Th

Those character designs give me Idolmaster vibes.

Toshifumi Akai was heavily involved in Idolm@ster; he even storyboarded episode 26. Hell, his Twitter avatar is Makoto:

makoto.jpg

I really don't know how or why is he working on this show; he is Nishigori-ish in that he only seems to care about drawing cute girls.

Area no Kishi 30
tumblr_m8k8pwZWtA1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The first half made me imagine just how actually good the anime would be if we subbed out Kakeru for Suguru. He has the better soccer talent and just gave a good mix of personality to the players around him as well as himself. The whole flashback with Araki was really good and probably my favorite part with Araki for the thirty episodes thus far.

This arc is starting off well with what I would have as my dream team for Area no Kishi, Onimaru, Yusuke, Araki, Kakeru, Ryusuke...all it would need is just Mako and Kaoru. Cant wait for the match.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Area no Kishi 30
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8k8pwZWtA1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The first half made me imagine just how actually good the anime would be if we subbed out Kakeru for Suguru. He has the better soccer talent and just gave a good mix of personality to the players around him as well as himself. The whole flashback with Araki was really good and probably my favorite part with Araki for the thirty episodes thus far.

This arc is starting off well with what I would have as my dream team for Area no Kishi, Onimaru, Yusuke, Araki, Kakeru, Ryusuke...all it would need is just Mako and Kaoru. Cant wait for the match.

Where are Mai and Nana?

Branduil

Toshifumi Akai was heavily involved in Idolm@ster; he even storyboarded episode 26. Hell, his Twitter avatar is Makoto:

makoto.jpg

I really don't know how or why is he working on this show; he is Nishigori-ish in that he only seems to care about drawing cute girls.

Well the line between cute girls and pretty boys is rather thin. I mean, just look at Makoto.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yuyuyuri S1 04:

Chinatsu's gonna have some nice
wet
dreams tonight. Akarin... your wish will never come true.

AYANO WINS! But it's an empty victory since Kyouko didn't bother to study.

Suddenly beach episode. Ayano, FIGHT-O! And yeah, Chitose is totally an audience insert.

Boobs.

DERE ga KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Then back to tsun. Ayano <3

LFF

Neo Member
Sengoku Collection - Episode 18
I'm pretty awful at writing extended opinions about shows so I'll just leave it saying that this is one of my favourite episodes of anything this year. Thanks Mad Pierrot for recommending it.

You may also be interested in episodes five, eight, and sixteen, all of which are good standalone episodes too.

I'll be sure to watch these soon.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection - Episode 18

I'm pretty awful at writing extended opinions about shows so I'll just leave it saying that this is one of my favourite episodes of anything this year. Thanks Mad Pierrot for recommending it.

I'll be sure to watch these soon.

No problem! Glad you enjoyed it.

Just keep in mind that none of the other episodes that I recommended are "moody" like episode 18, though. One is a bizarre art piece and the other two are comedies, but each very good in their own way.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yuyuyuri S1 05:

Ayano's so cute when she's confused. :3 So we're going to Comic Party Market. Ayano's such a lost cause when Kyouko's involved. This can only end poorly.

Ayano cosplay... YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! :D :D :D

So many yuri feels!!

And we're back with the mountain and valley girls. The imouto is wise beyond her years. o_O And valley actually likes Akarin? Stop now before you become just as irrelevant!

ODANGO BAZOOKA!!!

Chinatsu-chan...? Don't be sad... ;_; Akarin is so innocent and oblivious to the yuri around her...

Oh... THIS scene. I've seen this. XD

trejo

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 1

Hmm, okay. So far so good. I like those backgrounds.

Eugh, is that Nano Ripe? Yeah fuck this shit. *fast forwards OP*

(~20 minutes later)

...what the hell did I just watch?

trejo

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 2

No, seriously, what the hell is this. It's all so oddly fascinating.

Also, that was quite possibly one of the most effective uses of Ave María ever.

cajunator

Banned
redheads are amazing, after all... and a dfc fiery redhead at that? good lord.. I think I'm gonna pass out.

I knew you'd see the light. they play her up as fanservice occasionally.

makoto.jpg

I know where he's coming from. Cute girls are just more fun to draw.
Most guy characters are boring unless they are fabulous.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 2

No, seriously, what the hell is this. It's all so oddly fascinating.

Also, that was quite possibly one of the most effective uses of Ave María ever.

You are watching magnificence in action.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Accel World 18

Bad episode is bad. Luckily Kuroyukihime was the main character. Saved the episode. Other than that, blegh. Also, I found a new girl on my hate list. Screw you Megumi/

sleepykyo

I don't know, kuroyukihime gets a lot of love despite
cheapshotting the red king and manipulating the bully into getting expelled

Nafe

Akai was really involved in Idolm@ster; I'm not surprised he picked up a few traits from Nishigori's style.

Right, I don't remember all the specific episodes he worked on but it was key animation for a quite a few episodes plus both openings I think. Then he was animation director for a few episodes and probably some other roles on top of that. Agreed that he maybe picked some things up because of that.

He did key animation for an episode each at least on Gurren Lagann and Panty & Stocking too. There might have been more I'd have to check but I don't know how much those shows would have influenced him especially with P&S usually using the more western inspired look to its characters.

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1821323951/makoto.jpg[IMG]

I really don't know how or why is he working on this show; he is Nishigori-ish in that he only seems to care about drawing cute girls.[/QUOTE]

When I posted my first comment to [B]Branduil[/B] I thought back to that Idolm@ster doujin you had mentioned. I went back to check who was working on it, since I forgot it was called Aka Fugo, and one of the two people was [B]Akai Toshifumi[/B]. With Makoto as his avatar as well, I guess he is a big Idolm@ster fan.

For anyone reading who's maybe interested and doesn't know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to this:[QUOTE][img]http://sadpanda.us/images/1092959-K54R5NQ.jpeg

NeonZ

Sengoku Collection 19:

I'm definitely interested to see whether or not the show will actually decide to
leave Nobunaga dead for good
, especially in consideration that the end of the episode indicated that Akechi's dream was indeed
after the fact
. I don't think that a really interesting finale is out of the question.

I think you've misunderstood what's going on. Rewatch the first episode, Nobunaga seemingly "dies" right before being transported to Earth. In the beginning of the newest episode, Mitsuhide has no memories, and, afterwards, we get the
dream sequence.
. Mitsuhide's guilt most likely comes from Honnoji's events briefly shown in the first episode, not from
killing Nobunaga for real in the present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom