• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Those who watch Oda Nobuna will be prepared for the day when we, too, are dropped into such a world.

firehawk12 said:
Also, which girl would you go for if you went back in time!
Choosing anyone over than Forehead is a crime.

Lurky

Nurse Witch Komugi End

So..much...cuteness... I think i'm dying....
Well that was a nice way to end the show. Especially
the bath scene after the credits.
Overall, I really liked this show but I wish it had more ecchi though.

Articalys

Hyouka 17
Q1rWO.jpg
And thus this story comes to a conclusion. Sad to see it go after six episodes of excellence.

I'd like to add that
the parallels between the Mayaka/Ayako and Houtarou/Jirou scenes at the end were great

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Did you watch Sengoku Otome or whatever yet? lol
Also, which girl would you go for if you went back in time!

Yeah, I'm going to push myself through that at some point. Probably not any time soon though!

Do you mean actual women of the Sengoku period or their Oda Nobuna genderflip versions?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hyouka 17

The best episode by far. Very well done. I think they made the culprit obvious since the beginning and made it even more apparent as the show went on but the method and the logic behind it were the intrguing aspects for the mystery. Really funny to see Jun Fukuyama getting trolled. Anyway, very well done. I applaud.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Oda Nobuna no Yabou 05:

I've come to realize that I was expecting way too much after one or two not-bad episodes.

At least this random Dragon Quest reference made me smile, even if was probably just the result of a liberal translation:

I would have never picked up on that. I get the feeling there are a lot of references in anime that I don't pick up on, especially in Joshiraku.

I am an uncultured swine.

cajunator

Banned
Nurse Witch Komugi End

So..much...cuteness... I think i'm dying....
Well that was a nice way to end the show. Especially
the bath scene after the credits.
Overall, I really liked this show but I wish it had more ecchi though.

I knew you'd like it :D

Komugi is great stuff.
Have you watched Popotan?

Thoraxes

Rinne no Lagrange - 18

That was amazing stuff right there, and the piano Try Unite! was expertly placed for maximum effectiveness. So freaking goooooooooood. Good action, solid narrative and exposition of all that went into the finale of this arc, and great visuals. I was greatly happy with this episode and the conclusion. It was like, series finale good. I wonder and look forward to where else the show will take us next!

Also, I got lots and lots of mechs. I love mechs.

Sunday truly is the best day for anime.

Also if you were wondering about that one scene, prepare to read some science about it, cause it is possible: http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970603.html

fCemV.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I'm going to push myself through that at some point. Probably not any time soon though!

Do you mean actual women of the Sengoku period or their Oda Nobuna genderflip versions?

Well, if you went back in time, clearly all the famous men would turn into lolis for you to "consume"!

----

Hyouka 17

CJoanl.jpg

So many tears. A mostly satisfying ending, if tempered by the lack of SISTER.
But you know, given how it was all about "expectations", I suppose it was right that Oreki was mostly in the background yet still ended up being the catalyst for everyone. Well, it was his sister, if you want to follow that through, but that's a little too deep I suppose. What makes the episode interesting is that they basically all went through the same breakdown that Oreki went through in episode 11 (and the sister made it happen again. lol). At least now the characters know exactly where they stand and how they can move forward.

Looking forward to seeing how they wrap this all up, assuming they do anything big at all. I'm hoping for something just as mellow as this last case.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hellsing OVA - 04 & 05

MO0pb.png

Episode 4

Alucard
nosediving jets into ships like it's nothing. :lol

Not to mention him
impaling Rip with her own rifle. I said damn!

vBcgI.png

Hell yes! Heinkel and Yumiko!

vLILs.png

I remember the duo from the little shorts they were in at the end of each volume of the manga. It's hard to forget a boyish looking twin pistol wielding woman who's partner is a sword slinging Japanese nun with a split personality. So glad to see them interacting with characters from the main cast. Here's hoping they show more of them during the remaining OVAs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Narag

What was the issue between the first Hellsing and the OVAs? I thought I was told the OVAs were the proper way to watch it.

Kazzy

Panda! Go Panda!

It was very cute, almost disgustingly so, and certainly a nice way to spend an hour, but if I had directed it, the heroine would have had her spirit crushed by the harsh cruel realities of life. And someone would have been at least partially eaten by the tiger. Not all children's films can be Ringing Bell, I suppose.

I had almost forgotten that I watched this!

The father Panda is kind of terrifying, that smile used here is just disconcerting.

I don't think it really offered much beyond its status as a historical curiosity. It's far too fluffy and saccharine to be engaging to anyone old enough to know better, which is fine, as I'm far removed from that target demographic.

I originally bought it for £3, so I can't really complain too much!

SDBurton

What was the issue between the first Hellsing and the OVAs? I thought I was told the OVAs were the proper way to watch it.

The first Hellsing started off fine, but went a completely different route than what the manga was doing, introducing villains that weren't present in the manga, etc.

The OVAs stay true to the manga, so most people who are interesting in watching the anime just go with that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oda Nobuna no Yabou 06:

Hanbei is a truly insufferable character.

I wish that the show would have had the guts to to through with
killing Goemon
, and even if it had, it still would have been pretty tame compared to
Ishikawa Goemon's historical fate. He was boiled alive as punishment for thievery.

The preview for next week doesn't exactly inspire much hope.
I spy one new loli, possibly more.
Ugh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oda Nobuna no Yabou 06:

Hanbei is a truly insufferable character.

I wish that the show would have had the guts to to through with
killing Goemon
, and even if it had, it still would have been pretty tame compared to
Ishikawa Goemon's historical fate. He was boiled alive as punishment for thievery.

The preview for next week doesn't exactly inspire much hope.
I spy one new loli, possibly more.
Ugh.
There was some :chet in the preview though. And funny enough, the show lampshades the whole
Geomon thing anyway
. And any show that does that get a pass, right!

Low blow man, low blow.
lol

sonicmj1

Don't get me wrong, I loved all twelve episodes of this, but a bad ending or a complete lack of ending seriously detracts from the show. There are shows like Mushishi that don't need an ending, but this is definitely a story that did.

Are you saying that you would have enjoyed the show overall if the ending was the slightest bit conclusive?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The first Hellsing started off fine, but went a completely different route than what the manga was doing, introducing villains that weren't present in the manga, etc.

The OVAs stay true to the manga, so most people who are interesting in watching the anime just go with that.

I can never truly hate the Hellsing television series because it was the very first "mature" anime I ever watched as a youngster and I thought it was the coolest shit on the planet for the longest time.

Still, yeah, Incognito was such an awful main villain compared to Montana Max and crew, although the concept of a vampire from Africa who had control of some really fucked up arcane black magic that even Alucard didn't really have a grasp on could have had potential if it had been handled better. Probably the only thing that the anime did better than Ultimate is that a couple of the anime-original episodes served to flesh out Seras a little more, whereas she basically vanishes by the latter half of Ultimate.

Logos Naki World will always have a special place in my heart, regardless of how horribly everything about the show has aged.

There was some :chet in the preview though. And funny enough, the show lampshades the whole
Geomon thing anyway
. And any show that does that get a pass, right!

I'm ambivalent about :chet, but lolis are almost always universally terrible characters so I'd rather not have even more!

Hyouka 17

The entire Festival arc was fantastic, and it concluded with the best episode so far. Despite fearing that the solution to the mystery might be considerably underwhelming, it wasn't at all. A bit predictable, perhaps, but satisfying, nonetheless.
Oreki's deduction was thoroughly impressive, and far more elaborate than I expected it to be.

The direction excelled throughout the entire episode,
especially during the Ibara/Ayako and Oreki/Tanabe conversations. The characterization of the main four, particularly Satoshi and Ibara, was excellently expounded upon over the course of these last few episodes.
Even though Hyouka's technical quality has been consistently superb throughout it's entirety, the art, animation, and attention to detail, really rose to another level with these episodes. It's a shame that this storyline has to end, but if the last arc can impress half as well as this one did, then it will definitely be a success.

cajunator

Banned
Girls Bravo 12

The new OP is not much different from the first, but I like the new ED a lot more than the old one. This episode was one of those body switching episodes, it just so happens that they're all at the pool. The next episode is why I started watching this show, so I'm excited!

You saw how much she likes bananas. Is it a surprise that she,s also a fan of tentacles?

SDBurton

I can never truly hate the Hellsing television series because it was the very first "mature" anime I ever watched as a youngster and I thought it was the coolest shit on the planet for the longest time.

Still, yeah, Incognito was such an awful main villain compared to Montana Max and crew, although the concept of a vampire from Africa who had control of some really fucked up arcane black magic that even Alucard didn't really have a grasp on could have had potential if it had been handled better. Probably the only thing that the anime did better than Ultimate is that a couple of the anime-original episodes served to flesh out Seras a little more, whereas she basically vanishes by the latter half of Ultimate.

That is very true. The anime did a hell of a better job portraying Seras' struggle of coming to terms of what she had become. I haven't completed Ultimate yet (as you can see my latest posts) but if what you say is true, I'm going to be very, very, disappointed.

Nobuna 06

Not a bad episode. The battle portion was nicely done, even if they did skip the whole post dramatic moment just for tension.

I was actually hoping he finally ruined history but I guess that isn't meant to be.

But at the very least, this 'arc' is done and we can get the rest of the Nobuna-era generals.

Articalys

Rinne no Lagrange S2 6

I lost track of all this political subplot stuff a long time ago.

So are we finally going to get back to that plot point about the three Voxes being the harbingers of calamity or whatever?

Firemind

That is very true. The anime did a hell of a better job portraying Seras' struggle of coming to terms of what she had become. I haven't completed Ultimate yet (as you can see my latest posts) but if what you say is true, I'm going to be very, very, disappointed.

But then you hear George Nakata duke it out with Norio Wakamoto and all is right in the world.

Narag

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 7

Well that was a bunch of forced unnecessary drama. This and the previous were sort of a waste given it was an excuse to fanservice it up but I do think Yuuya and Yui weren't going to click further until they interacted in an unofficial capacity. Preview has me hopeful though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom