• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
HxH 2011 43That's weird, they censored the shit outta the earlier episodes but this time their more than willing to show
upfront headshots, decapitations
and even
neck snapping followed by a crushed head
like it's nothing! This bodes pretty well for the Chimera Ant arc if they ever get to that!

I guess that confirms Madhouse doesn't give a shit anymore.

For anyone that was still interested or had been turned off from the beginning, Now is the time to jump into new HxH.

Kuroko's Basketball 19
tumblr_m8m8vjRYkm1rnbh24o1_r1_500.gif

Dont recall coming across anyone mentioning it yesterday though I guess it was kind of an unremarkable and depressing episode, so maybe thats why.
Kagami made me a bit angry for what he said to Kuroko, teamwork is needed not playing by your own rules and it just put Kuroko in the type of mindset he didnt need to be in.
Hopefully he can recover and come back to his normal self, if Kagami makes up to him fast.

Teppei looks really old, such an odd addition to the team and I will be utterly shocked if they can train and concur winter champshion in just five/six more episodes :/

duckroll

Batman Online - Episode 6

Lol. I actually kinda liked the first half of the episode. It was an interesting approach the the mystery angle, and Kirito on the rooftops looked even more like Batman. I really like Batman you know. Later on when the guy called Kirito "tantei-kun" it gave off even more Batman vibes. This is the most Batman anime of the season! The conclusion of the mystery was pretty LOL though. I don't think it's really entirely bad writing, just... kinda silly even though it's trying to be serious. Oh well.

Batman Online - Episode 6

Lol. I actually kinda liked the first half of the episode. It was an interesting approach the the mystery angle, and Kirito on the rooftops looked even more like Batman. I really like Batman you know. Later on when the guy called Kirito "tantei-kun" it gave off even more Batman vibes. This is the most Batman anime of the season! The conclusion of the mystery was pretty LOL though. I don't think it's really entirely bad writing, just... kinda silly even though it's trying to be serious. Oh well.

I do feel like the culprit's evil monologue was cut short a bit due to time.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Gaoguu. Ugao~~~~.

Uh-oh, I think I broke firehawk...

Sounds like a show I have to ignore, thanks.

"Failing to be caught at the end" doesn't even begin to describe the Sankarea experience. You don't even spend enough time in the air to be tricked into thinking that the person on the other trapeze is going to catch you. You just get dropped straight into the abyss.

SynergySP

The trick to being respected by AnimeGAF is to die before you produce any bad series.

:(

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
"Failing to be caught at the end" doesn't even begin to describe the Sankarea experience. You don't even spend enough time in the air to be tricked into thinking that the person on the other trapeze is going to catch you. You just get dropped straight into the abyss.

:(

The climb up to the bar in Sankarea was good, at least!

Soma

Don't get me wrong, I loved all twelve episodes of this, but a bad ending or a complete lack of ending seriously detracts from the show. There are shows like Mushishi that don't need an ending, but this is definitely a story that did.

I think the "lack of ending" was more of a weird/awkward cliffhanger that set itself up for another season which isn't too out of the question seeing how the manga is still going on and they haven't introduced a pretty notable character yet.

Ultimadrago

Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (Fatal Fury 3rd OVA)

mdEQT.jpg

The box art is just as bad as the film.

After quite a number of years, I finally return to this film. I had watched it on television back then and up to this day remembered an introduction bullet countering scene applied on an archaeologist. It seems I only remembered that beginning part for a reason because the movie in the end is easily forgettable.

To make things short, this film wasn't entertaining. In fact, it was pretty uninteresting to watch and half-baked in presentation. The action scenes in general have solid animation, but a number of other scenes were just glaringly cheap and not well done. It doesn't help to look at the static characters when they are usually talking about their shallow mission or trite romances in lengthy detail. The fight scenes don't make up for these unfavorable stretches.

The soundtrack is lackluster, though that's practically in the 90's action OVAs textbook. It is still worth mentioning. Thank goodness, for the times with no music as I would prefer to hear silence over the score used.

As for story, it revolves around the godly "Armor of Mars." Terry Bogard and friends (Andy Bogard, Mai, Joe) are pulled into an adventure for it by a "Sulia Gaeudemus", at least her last name was something entertaining in this film. But of course, her
brother
and his bunch of goons are the "bad guys" and it turns into a (dull) race around the world. Side note: Her brother is as uninteresting as most of the events that pan out with a bland motive to boot. Before all of this, we get a terribly executed thick layer of exposition (historical fiction elements and all) along with a forced facet of Terry's past love life.

There is also cameos and supporting roles from other Fatal Fury/SNK characters. This is brought by more flat back story told by Sulia. Seriously, it's such a slog that I can't even take away the action scenes as much of a positive for the film. Instead, they act as a brief relief from the bad pacing. Withstanding is the
final battle with Gaeudemus
which was a better part of the whole thing thanks to sakuga.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. It's not good, it's not "so-bad-it's-good." This movie was largely plain cruddy.

Dynames over 00 Raiser?! I think if I ordered the cast it'd be Setsuna F Seiei, then Allelujah Haptism, then Saji Crossroads, then Lockon, and Ribbons Hallmark. What didnt you like on the end of the first season again?

I think I actually liked the Exia over the 00. the Dynames looked kind of dull at first until I realized its Cowboy/gunslinger theme.
Allelujah I liked alot around his episode then after that he had very little screen time imo.
Lockon>Graham/Allelujah>Setsuna/Saji/Louise/Soma Peries

Pretty much hated everything from the second the Thrones showed up.
Gundams were so overpowered up to that point so they finally get challenged and the 3 'higher' powered Gundam Thrones show up out of nowhere to save them and are piloted by the most obnoxious characters. The amount of drama scenes, so many that they took the impact out of most of them(Louise,Saji's sister,Lockon,crew members) within like 5-6 episodes. alot of people that seemed to die in battle just show back up, multiple times.

Those are kind of nitpicks, I think the Thrones thing probably skewed my opinion.

Narag

Eh, I just thought want to watch this because seeing amazing as hell Bari's (Mashami Obari) action cut on this in some MAD. Maybe I should just bail out if its sucked so bad.

It's hit or miss. I really like it but the action is brief and often between long bits of adventuring/plot advancement.

Sword Art Online 6
tumblr_m8nbbcRwNT1rvva9so1_500.gif

The anime is at its best when its just Kirito doing cool things and acting all epic and awesome. Its at its worst when they try to work in some random girl of the week that doesn't actually contribute anything to any scenes.
I mean she just say there and did nothing no chasing of the dude, no investigation, no nothing. Kirito could have honestly found Grimlock on his own, even worst their trying to work in some type of romance with him and Asuna, hopefully he denies the friend request and stays solo

Glad this story is over so hopefully we return to action. I actually want Laughing Coffin to return.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The climb up to the bar in Sankarea was good, at least!

It just made the fall even more painful :(

Oda Nobuna 6
http://i.imgur.com/Eig5sl.jpg
Strategy loli is strategizing. It looks like the harem expands next week!

I'm behind; is that supposed to be Takenaka Hanbei?

lol @ trying to be Zhuge Liang with the feather fan.

He already saw the good part when he watched Red Hawk: Weapon of Death!

dohohohohoho.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko's Basketball 19

Teppei looks really old, such an odd addition to the team and I will be utterly shocked if they can train and concur winter champshion in just five/six more episodes :/

I think they are going to rush over some things or they need another season. In the manga
they are still in the Winter Cup

Instro

Space Bros 20

Damn, with the cliffhanger ending. Great episode though. This show might not be the most compelling anime running, but you can't deny that it is consistently good from week to week.

That is a loli Hanbei doing a loli Zhuge Liang impression.
(I want to believe that in this world, all male heroes are replaced with women).

That seems to be the case though the jury is still out on Nagamasa. It also seems to be a world where all the wives/sisters of the generals are gone as well.

Soma

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 07
ibbY7eSfEpHq7.jpg

Oh man. This episode.

Those fairies are some seriously rascally little creatures.

Also,
okay seriously what the FUCK was up with that fairy 'ball game' after she got the flavorless banana?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
yesssssssssss

image.jpg

myeyeisready!

(someone should render and avatarize this pic)
5XWOy.jpg

Like this?

So, apparently Penguindrum is getting a release in the UK.

More importantly Code Geass is getting a blu-ray release.
Oh god, the 2012 prophecy is coming true!

But that's normal attire in Britain.
It wasn't Burberry.

And valley actually likes Akarin?
Despite the "overlooked" joke she is popular in the yuru universe.
qyJaz.jpg

Only in the DS game ( dearly stars ) ..
Doesn't count for the XBOX/PS3 /Anime continuity aka the idolmaster 2 game...
The doujin artist love him though.

learn engrish with ribbon-chan the magical girl 2

wow, this is just... amazing in how useless it is
"an underwear"? Good grief on a pogostick.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yep, the shota has become a loli.

She doesn't try, she is Zhuge Liang! You'll understand once you watch the episode.

Yeah, it's time to catch up.

This is the kind of thing that makes me wish there was a genderflipped Sangokushi that wasn't Koihime Musou, hah. I want to see the Battle of Chi Bi reenacted entirely by lolis.

You know this guy in the blue shirt?

whatisawesome.jpg

...from this movie?

v0hbD.jpg

He's
the reincarnation of Jesus.

You know how people are always joking about "we need to go deeper"?

Well, this is what happens when you actually do go deeper. It's...............awesome.

Arcana Famiglia 07

ZfVZv.gif

Oh dear, I can already see the incoming doujins.

This week we're herb harvesters/ letter deliverers!

Amusing that even though I thought it would focus on the other guys of the harem that are all but forgotten, nope! Still the Liberta and Nova show with them in bondage together to bring them even closer together!

There was some sword usage, it did feel like everyone somehow gained some resolved for something, but still what tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom