• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Arcana Famiglia 07

ZfVZv.gif

Oh dear, I can already see the incoming doujins.

This week we're herb harvesters/ letter deliverers!

Amusing that even though I thought it would focus on the other guys of the harem that are all but forgotten, nope! Still the Liberta and Nova show with them in bondage together to bring them even closer together!

There was some sword usage, it did feel like everyone somehow gained some resolved for something, but still what tournament?

Perhaps there will be some tournamenting in the final episode, if we're lucky.

Yeah, it's time to catch up.

This is the kind of thing that makes me wish there was a genderflipped Sangokushi that wasn't Koihime Musou, hah. I want to see the Battle of Chi Bi reenacted entirely by lolis.

Incoming report! Muscular almost naked loli Huang Gai has defected from Wu!

Damn, that would be fun to watch.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Perhaps there will be some tournamenting in the final episode, if we're lucky.

If we make it to the final episode and it ends with "buy the VN to find out what happens in the Arcana Duello!" this show is going to have a very.............special place in my heart.

Well after the disappointment of Sankarea, I'm moving onto Mysterious Girlfriend X. Just finished the first episode and I already really enjoy it. The art style feels very original yet almost a throwback to classic anime, and the music is also spot on. Not to mention I love the main girl's voice. But I have to ask, does this have an actual ending? It doesn't have to be stellar, but it does end, right?

Unfortunately, it looks like Japan has only gone as far as bishie-fying the founding fathers. I still found this on pixiv and thought it was worth sharing:

lol.

I would watch that anime.

trejo

He's done nothing. Accel World is a great series.
There's nothing wrong with the show.

Don't lie to people. There's plenty wrong with the show. That some of you decide to look past that for x or y reason is a different matter.

Also, when did you switch avatars? For a moment there I thought Cwarrior had finally snapped.

Well after the disappointment of Sankarea, I'm moving onto Mysterious Girlfriend X. Just finished the first episode and I already really enjoy it. The art style feels very original yet almost a throwback to classic anime, and the music is also spot on. Not to mention I love the main girl's voice. But I have to ask, does this have an actual ending? It doesn't have to be stellar, but it does end, right?

It has
an open end

I guess you don't want more informations.

Hunter x Hunter 43
tumblr_m8mnxmIt7p1r1lehro2_250.png

The Hunterpedia's are still one of the best highlights of it, killua kissed gon, nice.

Well I thought the Phantom Troupe would be pushovers with how Shizuka lost against Gon in arm wrestling last week, but this episode, kind makes me change my mind about it. Truly nen can make even those weak in physical power strong indeed.
The guards were so weak and didnt stand a chance. I dont even know who with Kurapika can even survive against the other members of the Phantom Troupe, if the girl (even though she specialized in that Lovers's thing was defeated easily as well as the balloon dude) were defeated, then I must say the other dude with the animal control, as well as the Haiku one may face swift defeats too. Hopefully Kurapika delivers and can survive the onslaught and actually retaliate, if the Shadow Beasts dont wipe the dude out either. I just realized he isnt using nen, so perhaps he may actually be the weakest phantom troupe member?
. Ah and as I expected Feitan was awesome, hope he gets more action and can we have a Killua v Feitan?

I thought much of the episode was spectacular, really surprised with how fast things too off and got intense. I havent anticipated episodes of a shonen anime like this, since watching Bleach, its a great replacement indeed, even if its way more bloodier (pools of blood in hd and a bit gorey snapped necks, smashed bloody heads)

Hahaha
If I remember correctly it has a made for anime ending. Good show.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hellsing OVA - 03

Dandy Man is so cool.
Too bad he died. :(

The scene where Alucard
mind-tricked one of the swat team members into opening the elevator door so he could get in and kill them all
was just great.

Arcana Famiglia 7
tumblr_m8nmp0Euqd1qgsal1o1_500.png

Its funny to think that so many people in this anime are into the Liberta Nova thing, even Mama. It gave great teamwork and friendship moments. And I did love when they both pulled out each others swords. Really cool.

Fun episode all around
I almost thought Debito had negative thoughts on things when he almost ripped the photo apart from managed it. I wonder if lots of people there dont like each other or even Jolly and the other older ones. It seems we may need time to develop these characters

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oda Nobuna no Yabou 03:

rFzg5.jpg

That was actually kind of a good line, but..............doesn't "yabou" translate to "ambition"? I guess it's Protag-kun's job to change this.

It's plainly obvious by now that there's actually a decent amount of good content in this show buried under the animu tropes, which makes it all the sadder that it's necessary for virtually all of the important characters to be reduced to fap material visually just to get viewers to care about what's actually good about the show. It only serves to reinforce my disgust at how shallow Japanese otakuism can be.

I mean, the characters are generally intelligent, dutiful, thoughtful, emotive, and any number of other positive upstanding qualities, and of course personal character is independent of gender, but the fact that the characters aren't just soulless pander (except maybe Goemon, dumb loli ninja) makes it simultaneously easier to ignore the genderflip and impossible to ignore it. At the same time, the characters are believable (by anime standards) enough that one doesn't even think about the fact that they're not supposed to be women, and at the same time I can't get it off my mind that simply being "good" characters just wasn't enough on its own to make this series viable.

As if that wasn't enough, we learned with this episode that apparently characters that were already female in the historical Sengoku era just poof out of existence in this show, as evidenced by
a non-genderflipped Azai Nagamasa proposing to Nobuna instead of a female Nagamasa being offered a male Oichi's hand in marriage
. C'mon.

Independent of my issues with the nature of the show itself, it's finally managing to hit the right notes with me so I expect to watch this through to the end. I still feel compelled to reiterate the two complaints that I had with the previous episode, though:

- the shaky cam makes me want to puke. No lie, it's worse than Yami.

- the really bad OST. Seriously, every time there's a battle scene I expect to see this:

cajunator

Banned
2012-03-25-229.png

Don't get me wrong, I loved all twelve episodes of this, but a bad ending or a complete lack of ending seriously detracts from the show. There are shows like Mushishi that don't need an ending, but this is definitely a story that did.

Look more carefully at that post again...first letters of each line

I'll go back to watch more, sir. :(

9xYF3.jpg

90's anime was a gift. The epitome of good and bad. you can't simply ignore history!

armornnugy.gif

maybe the most useless armor in the recent anime history.

But I watch Oda Nobuna for the epic moments.

That armor is blowing my mind.

HxH 2011 43

tumblr_m8mpnbqkUK1qkihclo1_500.gif

nom nom, Henry the hover cousin is kawaii as ever.

Episode was brutal with neck snapping bitch slaps and heads popping off.

I watched this episode and only this episode to see what this show is like. The talk of vacuums and violence was intriguing. Not going to continue it though but it was an interesting watch. I had no idea wtf was going on.

Don't lie to people. There's plenty wrong with the show. That some of you decide to look past that for x or y reason is a different matter.

Also, when did you switch avatars? For a moment there I thought Cwarrior had finally snapped.

What problem's are there with Accel World? Haru isnt a typical loser MC, the characters are interesting beyond just being cute, and the action is pretty good and fun to watch. what more do you expect out of a show like that? Its excellent for what it is.

Was that one episode 2.5? Because I skipped that one.

You skipped out on Komugi's catchiest and cutest song?
Well I guess you can watch it on youtube.

Lurky

Nurse Witch Komugi episode 4

Holy crap! She
wears glasses this episode <3
There wasn't as much fanservice in this episode but it was fine since this was proabably the funniest one so far. Also cajun, i'll try to go back and watch episode 2.5 :p

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oda Nobuna no Yabou 04:

YYsjgl.jpg

This is probably some of the better female armor I've seen in an anime.

Unlike Shibata Katsuiie.

Wow, an episode that was almost totally free of bullshit until the final couple of minutes with
the grope scene
. Still a really good episode on the whole, as it was mostly just straight-up tactics and plotting and warfare and Protag-kun finally being forced to actually use his brain again. I want more episodes like this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oda Nobuna no Yabou 04:

Wow, an episode that was almost totally free of bullshit until the final couple of minutes with
the grope scene
. Still a really good episode on the whole, as it was mostly just straight-up tactics and plotting and warfare and Protag-kun finally being forced to actually use his brain again. I want more episodes like this.
What the heck are you watching this for anyway? lol

Oh no you didn't.
That's cold man.
Truth hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom