• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecream

Public Health Threat
That seems like an awkward number of episodes, I guess each arc is a volume?
Yes, that's how it's been going. The whole first arc was all volume one, and now they're on to volume two.

Though the thing is that the anime isn't actually going to the end of the series... it's stopping at volume four. (There are six main story volumes and two side-story volumes released thus far).

Andrew J.

Casshern Sins 12

Halfway through this series. It's consistently bleak visual and thematic tones are very different from almost every other anime I've ever seen. The only show I can think of that's similar is Wolf's Rain.

Taruranto

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 05

Only a show like this can have an episode titled: The Melancholy of Thanksgiving in June and not have Thanksgiving in it.

Also,
My heart.

SABABABABAABABABABA

Cattle mutilation.

MnXJH.jpg
EeRbD.jpg

8jB6G.jpg
bkiEH.jpg

Never change Shaft.

(a tad NSFW)

http://i.imgur.com/lLWFO.jpg

Ultimadrago

Haibane Renmei 6

It's Kuu's time now and
the clock finally rings on (a little too much)!

A0nxM.jpg

I took this shot because I like it.

The scene in which the shot above is taken also
strongly forebodes Kuu's "Day of Flight".
This episode was like the others in general theme, but nailed a different tone. Rakka's education of the Haibane up to now has revolved around their day-to-day activities. However,
the day shown in this episode represented "ascension" or as far as it concerns those left behind, "death".
It made for an enjoyable watch in terms of Rakka concluding an important layer of knowledge in being of the Haibane and
what events they experience at times unknown.

I am actively pondering what content the next episode might turn to. The tone between the group is virtually set,
(unless we experience a time skip)
, but the content that is presented next can go into multiple interesting directions from here.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Rinne no Lagrange - 07

tumblr_m8mskiFdw91r7317no1_400.gif

This episode was glorious. Dorama, friendship, and yuri all neatly wrapped up like it was a gift just for me. I don't know which pairing to ship, or maybe I should just ship them all.

Fujoshit alert: http://www.facebook.com/the4ch/posts/212553508872198

Next month's Otomedia (Fujoshit magazine #1) will carry Magi as the cover story, and there will also be a feature on Psycho-Pass. I guess we can be assured Psycho-Pass will have pretty boys at least, or it won't have any place in that mag.

Nice they have the two best characters of Arcana Famiglia on the cover (Nova, Liberta). Is Psycho Pass the only one that we still have no clue what its about?

Hopefully not guns since well J2.

Bold.

Magic Kaito - 7
It's quite comical how different in tone Magic Kaito is from Detective Conan. It's very stupid and very silly and greatly profits from it. Like, why is Hakuba wearing a Sherlock Holmes get up? It doesn't matter! And then there's, you know, real magic, and stuff. Akako speaking to
Lucifer
? Sure, why not. Also, the new OP and ED are.... nothing special, but very plot-y. Almost unsettlingly so. Mystery girl in the ED makes me sad.

haha, wasn't Magic Kaito written before DC way back? Probably why the tone is different and the art is more round.

I saw some Hunter × Hunter discussion a bit earlier, so no better time for a new poster for the Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge film:

those bandage over the eyes. Did that poster just spoil the show for me? :S

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rinne no Lagrange - 07

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8mskiFdw91r7317no1_400.gif

This episode was glorious. Dorama, friendship, and yuri all neatly wrapped up like it was a gift just for me. I don't know which pairing to ship, or maybe I should just ship them all.

I think you're the only person here who actually enjoyed that episode for what it was instead of condemning it or desperately trying to argue that it wasn't that bad, hahah.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Rinne no Lagrange - 07

tumblr_m8mskiFdw91r7317no1_400.gif

Blue girl best girl. Can't believe brown hair girl would cheat. Shameful display!

Not surprising, considering the promotional art for Magi.

You excited for the show?

SDBurton

I think you're the only person here who actually enjoyed that episode for what it was instead of condemning it or desperately trying to argue that it wasn't that bad, hahah.

Haha what can I say. All is forgiven when there's yuri.

Except Yami. Fuck that show.

Finished off Fate/Zero over the weekend. Absolutely superb right up through the end. I have no criticisms at all...excellent story, pacing, art, etc. While I loved Kiritsugu and Kirei's respective storyline's
and their showdown at the end
, I was equally impressed with how many of the other characters were handled, particularly Rider and Waver.

Since it's been a long time, I've started rewatching Fate/Stay Night. While I still like it, it almost seems like it would be unfair to compare it to Zero. Beyond that, I'll just try to get caught up with currently airing series.

cajunator

Banned
Finished off Fate/Zero over the weekend. Absolutely superb right up through the end. I have no criticisms at all...excellent story, pacing, art, etc. While I loved Kiritsugu and Kirei's respective storyline's
and their showdown at the end
, I was equally impressed with how many of the other characters were handled, particularly Rider and Waver.

Since it's been a long time, I've started rewatching Fate/Stay Night. While I still like it, it almost seems like it would be unfair to compare it to Zero. Beyond that, I'll just try to get caught up with currently airing series.

Yeah thats how I feel about FSN. I honestly enjoyed it, and marathoned it long before I came to animeGAF. Back then it was a pretty damned fun series to watch. It definitely pales compared to Fate Zero though.

Why are you saying such things... Why?!!

Because Yami is truly magnificent. Ask Envelope what he thinks of it. In fact, check my MAL. I gave it a 10 there too.

SDBurton

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Weren't we supposed to be at a new OT by the time the Olympics ended?

Where did we go wrong guys? I could have shit-posted more, all you had to do was ask.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 26:

SzksAl.jpg

So why are yamato nadeshikos always the ones that are able to ace even the scammiest festival games?

Babby's first festival episode etc etc. The ring toss scene with everyone desperately trying to win Candy back after she was mistaken for a prize was hilarious, but other than that this was pretty standard. This episode is going to give kids some incredibly wrong notions about just how fun festivals are because Reika was racking up prizes from those blatantly rigged carnival games like nothing. Shit like "shoot the prize with a weak cork gun" and "catch a goldfish with onion paper that dissolves on contact with water" are bigger money sinks than even the Precure franchise, and Reika was winning at a rate that would have gotten her dragged behind the game stalls and beaten by yakuza if this was real life.

lfSryl.jpg

yo dawg so i herd u like candy so I put some candy in your candy so you can ~kuru while you ~kuru

Next week is going to be a 100% regurgitated Heartcatch episode, hahah.

Learn English with mentally disabled magical girls 2

I really hope this is satire and not ACTUALLY being billed as an educational thing, because if it is, fuckin lol.

7Th

Smile Precure 26:

Babby's first festival episode etc etc. The ring toss scene with everyone desperately trying to win Candy back after she was mistaken for a prize was hilarious, but other than that this was pretty standard. This episode is going to give kids some incredibly wrong notions about just how fun festivals are because Reika was racking up prizes from those blatantly rigged carnival games like nothing. Shit like "shoot the prize with a weak cork gun" and "catch a goldfish with onion paper that dissolves on contact with water" are bigger money sinks than even the Precure franchise, and Reika was winning at a rate that would have gotten her dragged behind the game stalls and beaten by yakuza if this was real life.

I like how they don't even need to beat the Super Akanbe, using the finisher after it beats them up is enough.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I like how they don't even need to beat the Super Akanbe, using the finisher after it beats them up is enough.

In fairness, I was quite happy for it to be off screen as soon as possible because this week's Akanbe was particularly hideous.

But yeah, cutting out any sort of counterattack and just going straight to the finisher was shameful. Worst fight? Worst fight.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
yeah, it does seem with precure and other toku genre stuff, fight choreography goes to the shitter after 'final powerup'.

And furthermore, fight quality is generally tethered at least somewhat to the overall quality of direction in the episode itself. We're probably trapped in the usual "ratings are lower in August so expend the minimum effort possible" doldrums for the next few weeks, as every Precure series I've seen has had a string of beach/festival episodes in the mid-late 20s episode range and they're generally snoozefests. I was genuinely surprised at how good last week's beach episode was because I was sure that it was going to be a throwaway affair.

So the Olympics just finished, eh?

Let the real games begin.

Himari, Nishishi, Reika. Vanquish the Saki menace.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't PKers have red health bars? I also heard that PKing them results in no penalty for the killer. If that guild in so infamous they should have taken the opportunity to kill them there and then. Lets watch as they regret their decision not to kill them then come a later episode.
Sure, but how do you know that they murdered people in real life?
When everyone wakes up, all they have to do is claim innocence and they basically walk away scott free.

If you hate the pacing of Space Bros don;t watch Kaiji.
It's not necessarily the pacing, just the fact that they've been trapped in the same backgrounds for 8 weeks or whatever.
I really hope they're spending that money on something big soon.

SDBurton

Rinne no Lagrange - 09

Decent episode. Array's antics had me cracking up, and that guy at the cafe
not giving a shit that he's really a guy was great

Was kinda hoping Muginami would
kiss Lan's thumb after she slammed a hammer on it so many times. Oh well.

Rinne no Lagrange - 09

Decent episode. Array's antics had me cracking up, and that guy at the cafe
not giving a shit that he's really a guy was great

Was kinda hoping Muginami would
kiss Lan's thumb after she slammed a hammer on it so many times. Oh well.

Array loves that outfit and is second best of the three.

Narag

It's not necessarily the pacing, just the fact that they've been trapped in the same backgrounds for 8 weeks or whatever.
I really hope they're spending that money on something big soon.

That's why I'm waiting for them to get out before I catch back up. Trapped encuronmrnt would drive me batshit without knowing when it would end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom