• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
Yeah, it's mostly minor characters, but ones that had potential or were cool while they had air time.
Baise, Tocino, Squala, the Shadow Beasts,
and that's just for this arc alone.

I never got to see passed the greed island arc due to it NOT CONTINUING :(
kind of wish the show was still in the old series style, but I guess ill have to pick the new one up again when it reaches new content

wonzo

Banned
I never got to see passed the greed island arc due to it NOT CONTINUING :(
kind of wish the show was still in the old series style, but I guess ill have to pick the new one up again when it reaches new content
You should get around to reading the manga someday just in-case the new series doesn't cover anything beyond Greed Island.

Mature

Nurse Witch Komugi End

So..much...cuteness... I think i'm dying....
Well that was a nice way to end the show. Especially
the bath scene after the credits.
Overall, I really liked this show but I wish it had more ecchi though.
Bold.

Magic Kaito - 7
ZSLeU.jpg
It's quite comical how different in tone Magic Kaito is from Detective Conan. It's very stupid and very silly and greatly profits from it. Like, why is Hakuba wearing a Sherlock Holmes get up? It doesn't matter! And then there's, you know, real magic, and stuff. Akako speaking to
Lucifer
? Sure, why not. Also, the new OP and ED are.... nothing special, but very plot-y. Almost unsettlingly so. Mystery girl in the ED makes me sad.

Uchip

Banned
You should get around to reading the manga someday just in-case the new series doesn't cover anything beyond Greed Island.

Im not big on manga, or books
VN , or something closer to 999 or phoenix wright is about as close as reading it gets for me
my short term memory and attentiveness issues make it utterly impossible

I don't believe that humankind could create something so perfect as Erio without help from a higher civilization

That looks about right.

http://i.imgur.com/HyL5J.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Mad Pierrot, post: 40959438"]Get your dirty Menma out of my SHAFT.[/QUOTE]

It would make sense to replace her with [URL="http://www.abload.de/img/penguindrum_09i6p80.jpg"]Himari from the [I]SHAFT [/I]episode. [/URL]

Jex

But I think it would be hard to argue that Sunrise is not creatively relevant in the anime industry. We're talking about the studio which has successfully created culturally relevant franchises like Code Geass and Tiger and Bunny in the last few years alone. Not only do they retain a fair number of successful properties, but they are constantly creating new ones as well.

Relevance is decided by awareness and acknowledgement. So it is hard to see how a studio which continues to churn out hits which are not recycled ideas or relying on pre-existing brand power to sell... is "creatively irrelevant".

I'm only talking for myself, not others. I don't particularly care how their works are acknowledged or received.

Jex

Ah yes talking about Tiger & Bunny, how can you call Sunrise is creative irrelevant by making hit like that?

You can call the show was mediocre or bad, but the theme and premise is so goddamn unique and different, while the story itself might just recycling trope that already exist... anyone that thought "we can sell this" and deliver deserve mad prop.

I still shocked like hell to T&B success.
It's sales success has more to do with how hugely popular the show was with fujoshi then the shows actual quality.

It's rather disappointing how badly Sunrise screwed the show up in it's second half.
Apparently its pretty popular to casual people (and kids)too.. the rating is very high for midnight show.

Money gods give their smile to sunrise.
I imagine that the people who went out there and made it a sales success were the fujoshi, as opposed to the 'casual audience'.

wonzo

Banned
Smile PreCure! 26

Ugh, what the hell happened to Majorina's significant upgrade?! Oh well, this was your fairly standard festival episode full of the overused cliches but with a Candy twist.

next week brings the old people moe~

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Te mouth movements are almost at parody level. There was more animation in Kill Me Baby.

Polar Bear Cafe spinoff.

Yuyuyuri S1 08:

Chinatsu becoming as irrelevant as Akarin looooooooooooool
4DxEX.jpg

How do you have sex with a ghost?
Ghost Blowjob Woo Woo!

Is there anyone who likes purple or yellow the most?
Purple is the best colour so I like Purple by default!

Sword Art Online 6

Also, did they ever talk about what happens to the guys that they catch
PKing? I don't get why they aren't executed on the spot, since there is no proof of their crime after the fact.
Don't PKers have red health bars? I also heard that PKing them results in no penalty for the killer. If that guild in so infamous they should have taken the opportunity to kill them there and then. Lets watch as they regret their decision not to kill them then come a later episode.

It seems like most of us moe lovers are close to being blind. High Index Glasses are awesome, but still have that curve at the end.
Guess I cannot be considered a true moe lover.

Sword Art Online - 06

• why not just check the friends list from the start?
That was silly. If you are going to fake your death at least wipe your friend list first.

So this girl is gonna be the next lead girl if I'm not mistaken?

She has freckles she automatically wins everything.
Guess they forgot the whole "characters look like themselves rather than their ingame character" point from episode one.

SAO 6

The whole "there was a real ghost all along" thing is overdone and always stupid, but in the context of an MMO it is just ridiculous.
She wasn't dead. What a twist! I mean the episode was based around faking one's death.

I suck at reviewing things, but I can't stress enough how good Texhnolyze was. As long as you can tolerate the series' darkness(literal and figurative) and grit, you owe it yourself to watch it. Characters, plot, animation, art, music -- everything is fantastic.

And now is a great time to check it out as the complete series is being released on the 28th of this month. If blind-buying isn't your thing, you can also watch it on Funimation's site(thanks again Narag!).

Thoraxes said:
I feel much better now.
Tomat said:
Such a strong reaction to this show... I think I have to watch it now.
Do it. Do it!
Exactly what i was thinking but i'm just too lazy to start.
You too!

Thoraxes

Exactly what i was thinking but i'm just too lazy to start.

Such a strong reaction to this show... I think I have to watch it now.

It's a slow burn, but boy does it pay off.

I suck at reviewing things, but I can't stress enough how good Texhnolyze was. As long as you can tolerate the series' darkness(literal and figurative) and grit, you owe it yourself to watch it. Characters, plot, animation, art, music -- everything is fantastic.

I feel much better now.Do it. Do it!You too!
I felt that same way lol, and I watched it before I started posting here too. I had done Texhnolyze and Ergo Proxy back to back in about a week or so, and my brain felt it.

cajunator

Banned

And now is a great time to check it out as the complete series is being released on the 28th of this month. If blind-buying isn't your thing, you can also watch it on Funimation's site(thanks again Narag!).

I feel much better now.Do it. Do it!You too!

I might consider it.
Missed it the first time but I can actually watch my roommates copy and decide from there.

Soma

The one and a half episodes I watched of Accel World was waaayyy more than enough for me. I thought the game world designs looked pretty dumb too. :/

Kuroyukihime was cool tho

SAO is honestly kinda average for me at the moment but I enjoy the game world and the MMO stuff so I'm sticking with it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Cartman's design and personality are liable to turn a lot of people off.
I think a lot of potential viewers could actually relate to a character having an inferiority complex. Unless you guys are talking about something else that is. I have only watched a few episodes.

mAcOdIn

Also, Erio sucks. Just thought I should say that before bed. Second worst girl in Denpa Onna behind that astronaut kid. Only remotely cool girl is the girl always wearing costumes and maybe the mom.

wonzo

Banned
I saw some Hunter × Hunter discussion a bit earlier, so no better time for a new poster for the Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge film:
Is this still supposed to be a brand new story as almost everything I've seen of this makes it look like some Sunrisesque movie version of the Yorknew City Arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom