• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Paranoia Agent 6

Well, with that recap out of the way, our detectives are back on the case, tracking down some loose ends.

Simultaneously, as a storm builds, we find ourselves following Taeko. Her story is largely told through flashbacks as she wanders around the city. The transitions from present to past are very clear, and unlike other episodes, this one takes its time letting us know what her problems are. Unfortunately for me, it's
that her father was secretly taking lewd pictures of her with a hidden camera. I thought I'd only have to go through this shit once today... The transformation of the mood when that is revealed is striking. Her clicks and the advancing images make a powerful crescendo, matching the arrival of the storm.

At this point I'd also like to
withdraw everything charitable I said about that cop from earlier. Dude's a scumbag.

This episode is pretty hard on the police. The poster in the interrogation room puts them hard against crime, when they're both in the middle of a more nuanced investigation and blind to many of their own realities (as seen in episode 4). I wonder how that will develop.

I tried to warn you.

xidxm.gif

You don't like Rindou Ranmaru or something?

Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-hen

That was awesome.

Take an already really great arc in the series, add in great direction, make the scenes more dramatic, make it flow instead of being stuck in an episodic format, insert some nice music, put effort on the action scenes and you get this amazing movie.

One would think that redoing a story would be boring since most of it doesn't change, but it was still amazingly done and well worth rewatching.

For comparison, these are about the same scenes I took from the four episodes just in the movie instead:

Great job War-san and Ner-san! I hope for another Gintama movie!

Oh...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Accel World 19

Awesome episode. It has it all. It has great voice acting. Mahou Shoujo. Awesome Animation. Black Lotus. Kuroyukihime. Yuri. It has everything. This is like AnimeGAF's dream come true.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-hen

That was awesome.

Take an already really great arc in the series, add in great direction, make the scenes more dramatic, make it flow instead of being stuck in an episodic format, insert some nice music, put effort on the action scenes and you get this amazing movie.

One would think that redoing a story would be boring since most of it doesn't change, but it was still amazingly done and well worth rewatching.

For comparison, these are about the same scenes I took from the four episodes just in the movie instead:

Great job War-san and Ner-san! I hope for another Gintama movie!

Oh...

Those brothers are done with Gintama. :(

But yeah, one of my favourite anime movies on a visceral, emotional level. Although I couldn't handle Sentai's dub. I guess there's a line in terms of how much I'd be willing to go through to watch this movie again. lol

Andrew J.

I'm apparently one of the few people that wasn't totally blindsided by Utena 33. To be honest, I'm still confused as to how people can be so shocked by it. I mean,
Utena and Akio are hanging out in a hotel room, there's no way that won't end well, right?

Narag

I'm apparently one of the few people that wasn't totally blindsided by Utena 33. To be honest, I'm still confused as to how people can be so shocked by it. I mean,
Utena and Akio are hanging out in a hotel room, there's no way that won't end well, right?

the actual act never bothered me so much as I've yet to reconcile how I feel about it all as it's pretty much 32 episodes of me wanting Utena to reunite with her prince and when she does, it feels wrong enough that I wonder why I ever wanted if to happen in the first place.

Taruranto

This looks like if you took 10 gallons of boring and blended it together with boring sauce while sauteing it with boring onions and then sprinkling on some boring cheese.

Hence expect shintons of people posting around teh internet about how they cried when the little girl died (Spoiler? No, Jun Maeda!).

How does a story of friendship with interesting characters look boring?

(AB spoilers)
http://postimage.org/image/h9nd7c429/

Articalys

Goddamn DNS errors.

------------------------------

Round 1, Day 4 Results:

A04
1st 266 Remon Yamano @ Ano Natsu De Matteru
2nd 217 Masamune Usami @ Mayo Chiki!
3rd 140 Miyuki Tsubakino @ Saki

A08
1st 273 Tsukasa Ayatsuji @ Amagami SS
2nd 200 Asia Argento @ High School DxD
3rd 136 Ghutatan @ Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

A12
1st 323 Miki Hoshii @ The Idolmaster
2nd 299 Tomoka Minato @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!
3rd 46 Aoi Ogiyama @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!

-----------------------------------------------

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Acv7W.jpg

Man, look at that stiff body language and how they're all staring blankly into space (except for banchou dude). Truly, best friends forever.

But you hate stories of friendship with interesting characters, DTL. What do you think shows like Honey and Clover are about?

I like stories of friendship and interesting characters however this gives me Angel Beats vibes more than H&C ones. and H&C was heavily flawed. The characters dont look good/are not what I would consider interesting, on the oldish side, the girl was awful in episode one, and it felt way too shoujo-ish, which is not for me.

Firemind

I like stories of friendship and interesting characters however this gives me Angel Beats vibes more than H&C ones. and H&C was heavily flawed. The characters dont look good/are not what I would consider interesting, on the oldish side, the girl was awful in episode one, and it felt way too shoujo-ish, which is not for me.

What are you talking about?

joshirakumariibutt.gif

Best girl doing best girl things.

Every time I have to pick up the slack and fix the mess you've created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom