• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J.

Acv7W.jpg

Man, look at that stiff body language and how they're all staring blankly into space (except for banchou dude). Truly, best friends forever.

Some people are just like that when they pose for photos.

Taruranto

I'm apparently one of the few people that wasn't totally blindsided by Utena 33. To be honest, I'm still confused as to how people can be so shocked by it. I mean,
Utena and Akio are hanging out in a hotel room, there's no way that won't end well, right?

Personally, i didn't even realize what was happening until that appeared on screen, it was a recap episode so i wasn't exactly focused. I wasn't angry though, just surprised.

In retrospect, i'm glad Ikuhara did that. He stayed true to his vision of the story and didn't pussy out (cough-Anno-cough) and it made
Utena's
character more human. It also fitted Utena's overall message pretty well.

Also:

(Episode 33 spoilers)

Makes you wonder what would have happened if it had aired today.
qymDT.gif

trejo

TLR Darkness OVA

I said wow.

There's really no possible way they can air this filth on TV without the censors spamming Kamehamehas everywhere.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
TLR Darkness OVA

I said wow.

There's really no possible way they can air this filth on TV without the censors spamming Kamehamehas everywhere.

That's why the Good Lord invented BD releases.

I'm so jealous of everyone being able to experience TLRD in animated form while I must still suffer for a while longer. :(

Accel World 19

Pretty good episode. I hope Kirkin somehow shows up again and his irl form gets even more screentime. Regardless, the transformer mecha blasting rockets was stunning as was Kuroyukihime's Death by Piercing. Cant wait to finally return to Nomi, Haru, and Taku.

Oh and in this episode I did like the shocking
arrival of the mahou shojo's Paradigm Revolution

Lain

Campione 7

I liked the fight between Erica and Liliana, though the best part was the main back and forth between evil old man and and good young boy.
This episode delivered on the kissing, though it wasn't of the wet, sloppy kind of previous ones and Godou added more girls to his harem.

Novid

Banned
TLR Darkness OVA

I said wow.

brothas havent seen anything yet. this is only one part.

brothas in the wrong industry son. Tokyo Goverment couldnt find NOTHIN. TV dudes get what they paying for.

Joe Molotov

I haven't been following this thread too much.

I'm watching:
Polar Bear Cafe
Moyashimon Returns
YuruYuri
Tari Tari
Humanity Has Declined

Thinking about starting:
Sword Arts Online
Hyouka

What else do I need to be watching this season?

Necrovex

TLR Darkness OVA

I said wow.

Guess I won't be watching this for a long while. The downside of having my desktop in public and having a Mac that lacks audio. :-(

Eureka Seven 2 -3

Watching this dub is quite an experience, after getting over the fact that Eureka = AYAR REKUH", hearing Van Grants (Tales of the Abyss), and Sakura Haruno (Naruto) (Talho Yuuki even acts like Sakura), as well as an interesting scene with Sarutobi sensei and Kakashi sensei chatting, I was actually really enjoying this anime. I cant wait to hear more.

Anyway, Renton is definitely really getting to be quite cool, cause he has cool surfing skills and what not. I dont understand his infatuation with Eureka, but if she can continue to serve as his asset for development then, I dont mind it.

And since I have watched some of Ao, it is nice seeing
the similar lighting scheme used for the burst explosion or whatever, the ship Gecko or whatnot, and a few other minor details

Novid

Banned
Well, the animation is rather lurking at times and the last third really failed to hook me ink.

dont know why Squid Girl isnt getting bigger play in the states, it everything the CW CENSWARS want in a ANIMAY show and none of the major issues...

Oh wait - its too boring? UGH.

Divergence Eve: Misaki Chronicles 5
So Misaki is
trying to alter time to avoid the tragedy that happened to her and her friends at the Watcher's Nest
Or she's trying to stop the animators from ever making Divergence Eve in the first place.
So far this show isn't as mind-fucky as the first series was, but I can only imagine it's gonna get crazier further along.

Campione 7

This is awesome, the wolf guy is like one of those jrpg bosses
I mean he was defeated like three times this episode, and Godou still rose to the occasion to take him down, and he escaped again! Hope hes the final boss

The best song in the soundtrack is the one that plays whenever Godou does something. I think I may in fact get this anime when it does release from, er, Sentai if I recall, here. I wish I had both the sword powers (love the animation and realm of that place), as well as his avatar
Goat one was awesome

And I guess its that time of the season for beach and hot spring episodes...

Articalys

New anime film adaptation on the way from MAPPA: "To All The Corners Of The World", based on the manga by Fumiyo Kono
Anime director Sunao Katabuchi (Mai Mai Miracle, Black Lagoon) acknowledged on his Twitter account on Friday that he will be directing an upcoming theatrical anime adaptation of Fumiyo Kono's To All The Corners Of The World (Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni). Katabuchi quoted individuals stating that a poster at the Hiroshima Anikomu event for the anime revealed that he would direct the anime at the studio MAPPA, adding that he was on his way to Hiroshima.

Katabuchi also wrote that official character designs for the series have yet to be completed, and that the images on the poster consisted of rough sketches and storyboards. MAPPA founder (and former MADHOUSE head) Masao Maruyama also tweeted on Friday that while no "embargo" had been lifted yet and that he planned to make an announcement regarding an unspecified title in the near future, he would still like to send his greetings to those who will work with him in the near future.

The award-winning story of Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni follows a bride named Suzu Urano as she moves to her new life in Kure City on the coast of Hiroshima Prefecture. Suzu perseveres through World War II with pluck and determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom