• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

So like... What's the deal with hentai? Are we allowed to talk about that here or should I just keep it in my pants?

I know there's been conversations here about what people like and didn't like, their favorite artists, etc.

Just be wary of Google overlords (and no pics of course)

I haven't been following this thread too much.

I'm watching:
Polar Bear Cafe
Moyashimon Returns
YuruYuri
Tari Tari
Humanity Has Declined

Thinking about starting:
Sword Arts Online
Hyouka

What else do I need to be watching this season?

I would suggest checking out Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Space Brothers, Binbougami ga!, and Joshiraku.

New anime film adaptation on the way from MAPPA: "To All The Corners Of The World", based on the manga by Fumiyo Kono

This sounds very promising.

He linked to images, mentioning titles seems to be ok. Hosanna was recommending Yaoi titles yesterday.

I want to clarify that I wasn't recommending anything, simply stating that these things exist!

Nafe

You don't like Rindou Ranmaru or something?

Haha, no, I love Ranmaru's character. I was remarking more to the fact that I think she works perfectly fine as a girl and don't find that disappointing at all. Along the lines of what cosmicblizzard said, with her personality and skills it looks like she'll add a great third dynamic that both Ichiko and Momiji can play off of. I think it's fine to possibly ship her with Keita as well as there could possibly be some story elements coming up with that. I haven't read the manga so I don't know what to expect though.

We like her fine just as she is.

As a girl.

Right, Exactly.

Judging from the context of that, I'm assuming tiff just got a permanent ban then.

wonzo

Banned
Uq0Cu.jpg
yurumate20a.jpg

Campione! 07

1FIRF.gif

This show does well with golden sword spam, wikipedia-sourced battles and kissing.

It does bad at everything else. So this episode was slightly more good than bad.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Gundam Seed HD 35

I think this episode begins to show that Seed is more than just a simple action show or lacking in drama. It really sets itself apart with the idea of war.

Next time we finally see the new GAT models: Calamity, Raider, Forbidden.

Ultimadrago

Paranoia Agent 6

It's time to question
the elderly woman from the beginning

iknOaDjNsIDQa.PNG

and Keiichi doesn't have time for more rambling!

And we find ou--well, we are given further reasoning towards the fact that
Masami is a terrible father
. The contrast made in epsiode
couldn't have been more accurate in polarizing his demeanor to that of an idealized figure of masculinity.

Cross-cutting added well to the episode.
I especially liked the "response" editing between Keiichi and Taeko
used in the late first half as the storm grew more violent. It's not the first of its kind, of course. This is definitely a praise of execution rather than originality. The brief scene afterwards is also interesting in its relation to the "faces" of the detectives
and the new hypothesis on "Shounen Bat"
. We have Mitsuhiro ready to take aggressive action and Keiichi with the calm head on his shoulders. It's a brief switch, but it was neat to watch and I wouldn't mind seeing how it may affect further interactions involving the two.

iPy1mImfsnfk7.PNG

Man, this scene was something.

The ending leads to some strings left for tying up later. I look forward to seeing where this will take the detective duo next and additionally, what story in this society is left to tell.

Ultimadrago

If they just put their dirty stuff inside a few layers of folders, all of this could have been avoided.

You know it, man. The stuff is common knowledge!

(Paranoia Agent spoils):
Of course, I'm sure we both believe the latter case was better off not staying secret.

Campione! 07

1FIRF.gif

This show does well with golden sword spam, wikipedia-sourced battles and kissing.

It does bad at everything else. So this episode was slightly more good than bad.

I'm very disapointed by campione i know they did it because they have to adapt a lot of stuff but the way they rushed this epiosode was disgusting .. i really expected erica & lilian to team up against the knights ( stuff in the anime were clearly rushed ) and it was supposed to be maria to kiss the MC ( not that way ) .. a lot of stuff was missed/changed or omited and i'm seriously not happy about that ...

VERY DISAPOINTING

Still the godou authority effects are really nice

Spoiler for the changes
Stuff missing :
-Erica vs the knights

Stuff changed
-Godou using his sword power twice ( erica doesn't kiss him because she is supposed to be busy )
-The lightning battle occurring on the ground
-erica kissing godou
-Bad guys only using the wolves to hunt.
-Overall fight between the two campione was supposed to be longer

Stuff added
-liliana vs erica ( liliana was watching erica struggling against the knights, and erica coerced her into fighting with her, the same way she did in the anime )

Corpse Party: Missing Footage

As expected, this was essentially just an extended commercial for the game. Can't really expect more than that with a 10 minute episode bundled with it. Of course actually spoiling the game in it while also acting as a bit of prologue kind of seems like it's missing the point >_>

I will say that even with the censorship, they still made a disturbingly accurate recreation of what may be the most cringe-worthy scene in the game.
Jamming a pair of scissors into a child's eye in great detail all while hearing the screams
is not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom