• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I can see that, but it was like she didn't realize that
people can die.
Which is possible (her line about "I thought this was a paradise" hints at that, in a way), but it makes her seem a little more naive than I thought she was.

She literally dropped into the world from the sky in a dream and was "born" into Glie. The world doesn't make a whole lot of sense to Rakka to begin with. she doesn't know why she is there or even who she is supposed to be. Rakka is pretty much overwhelmed by the whole thing.

OceanBlue

So was just reading through some backlog of the thread. I was actually curious to see what they said about it and the justification. I then went to the forum and read the talkback of the review.

The reviewer wrote this.

I now know to ignore their opinion as a whole because they're either an idiot or a troll.
You didn't know that things like magic, battles, and complex interwoven plots fell under the category of Pretentious Weeaboo Things? Silly AnimeGAF~

So was just reading through some backlog of the thread. I was actually curious to see what they said about it and the justification. I then went to the forum and read the talkback of the review.

The reviewer wrote this.

I now know to ignore their opinion as a whole because they're either an idiot or a troll.

How can you be a "weeaboo" when you're Japanese? Oh yeah, ANN.

sonicmj1

She literally dropped into the world from the sky in a dream and was "born" into Glie. The world doesn't make a whole lot of sense to Rakka to begin with. she doesn't know why she is there or even who she is supposed to be. Rakka is pretty much overwhelmed by the whole thing.

I was tempted to write, "It makes her seem like she was born yesterday," but I didn't think sabotaging my own point was a good idea, even if it was amusing.

The reviewer wrote this.

But I thought ANN was all about pretentiousness. They should have been thrilled!

Grzi

Kuroko - 20

Sweet, standard shounen formula, can't get enough of it.
Wonder how Kuroko
will change his playstyle.

Hunter X Hunter - 44

Is it next week already? :(

Nafe

Joshiraku #7
joshirakuep73.jpg

I haven't seen the latest episode of Joshiraku yet but I came across this crazy Daigo umehara x Joshiraku video うめはらくED
Before anyone asks, I don't know what's going on either.

AnimeGAF knows iyashi-kei very well because of the enduring love of Aria in this thread - Aria is the epitome of iyashi-kei and people latched onto the term in here.

While I've yet to see Aria, I'm definitely a big fan of those types of shows. Where someone might find K-On! or Hyouka boring I find them more relaxing. While I maybe don't feel that way the whole time throughout the episode, that's pretty much also why I'm watching Smile PreCure!

Oda Nobuna 6
Too many emotional moments in this one!

That scene with Goemon was pretty funny. I wonder if Goemon's
chainmail
would actually work though? As far as I know it's more for glancing or slashing blows, like a sword. I don't know how well it would work for piercing blows. Although I think Japanese versions were more tightly locked than European versions. The distance the rifleman was at would play a factor too but I'm not sure by how much it would decrease it's efficiency.

I remember seeing a documentary program where they fired rifles at different more European medieval type armors that knights would wear and they punched through even the heavy armors without much problem. That might have been more recent type rifles though, unfortunately I can't remember. Basically though, that's why troops in something like the American Civil War just had their light uniforms. Light armor wouldn't have really helped against rifle fire and with heavy armor you would really just be encumbering yourself. It seems like it wasn't until something like kevlar came along that serious attempts at using armor resumed.

I'm still cool!
LOOOOOVE ME!!! D:<

Haha, all I could think of was Fluttershy

It's okay, maybe you can be AnimeGaf's go to connoisseur for hentai or loli's or something? In time, maybe it will be ":Lurky"

The Lurky ship has sailed. Team Nafe 4 lyfe!

Nafe is best junior, you've got a steep climb ahead of you.

YSoAN.gif

Arigatou Gozaimasu!

I was trying to find a picture of Mio where she had a nice smile.
Chet and Nafe MFFs! (That's Mio Fans Forever)

For RurouniZel X Nafe it would be Miku and for Hitokage X Nafe it would be Minako.

Not a one piece fan?

I personally like one pieces. Mio certainly looks good in one!

This phrase.... it hurts man.

I don't mind being a Junior. I just wish some people wouldn't think you're some lower being simply because you're new to the forum. I never did understand that "logic". Some people who were juniors like /XX/ or DiGiKerot I think are good people and know a lot more about Anime than I do for example.

Someone mentioned you're stuck with the tag until you watch some anime duckroll wanted you to see. Is that true or are people just picking on duckroll again?

Nisemonogatari 4

I really hate what they made out of Shinobu.

BPXJV.jpg

You don't like Shinobu :(

Personally, I love what they did with Shinobu's character. Maaya Sakamoto and her "Ka Ka!" style laugh too! I'll never get tired of that.

Just to clarify, do you not like Shinobu herself or how she was physically portrayed this episode? Personally I'm indifferent to that whole scene but many have voiced their distaste or discomfort towards it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
more asuna doujins

great

at least isao is bringing the goods

Honestly I don't know what I find more offensive, the fact that there's a plethora of SAO works featuring her, or the fact that has yet to be a precure release that's yuri.

To Love-ru 9

They sure liked to reuse animation in this episode, but with some segments being really well animated and exciting, I guess I can see why they did.
Alien Christmas Cake

I told you Mikado-sensei is best girl/woman.

Infinite Stratos 4-6

Nevermind what I said before. Charles (especially by the end of ep 6) >>>>>>>> Laura (eyepatch + smacking Ichika across the face endeared her to me) >>>>>>>> everyone else.

While I've yet to see Aria, I'm definitely a big fan of those types of shows. Where someone might find K-On! or Hyouka boring I find them more relaxing. While I maybe don't feel that way the whole time throughout the episode, that's pretty much also why I'm watching Smile PreCure!

Haven't seen Aria either, but I'm with you on liking these kinds of shows. Though I am way behind on Hyouka :(.

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos 4-6

Nevermind what I said before. Charles (especially by the end of ep 6) >>>>>>>> Laura (eyepatch + smacking Ichika across the face endeared her to me) >>>>>>>> everyone else.

Haven't seen Aria either, but I'm with you on liking these kinds of shows. Though I am way behind on Hyouka :(.

I see you have been enlightened to the truth. Welcome, brother!
Charles Dunois is your new goddess.

Reknoc

Smile Precure 8

Candy Precure is pretty much the best thing ever.

This episodes Akanbe brought to you by Digimon. I like how the hag actually looks at the rocking horse thing, like, how do you look at that and go "yea, this is a pretty cool idea for a minion". Maybe a secret insight to gamefreak when they're about to plan a new pokemon game.

Jex

Hyouka - Episode 18

Oh, I guess Hyouka ended last week, and they're just going to be airing OVAs for the remaining 4 weeks now. Oh well! It was good while it lasted. Zzzzzzzzzz.
As an occasional victim of KyoAni I was wondering if you had any idea what leads them to create so many 'boring' works? Is it just part of their studio culture? It seems odd to me that a studio staffed with so many talented people so often fails to achieve the basics of entertainment.

All I remember is that there's some lady in the first episode who had her breasts stolen from her by a magic sword or something and because of it her fiancee left her and stuff. That just seemed really really mean. >>;
That's Manyuu Hikenchou. It gets more humorous in the later episodes and then gets more serious later on.
He was talking about Queen's Blade.
I was trying to find a picture of Mio where she had a nice smile.
Chet and Nafe MFFs! (That's Mio Fans Forever)

Ezalc

I completely forgot Hidan no Aria was a thing...

Don't everybody does given the other Aria is superior in every single way. Also, Aria is one of the best shows ever. I love it, I hope they do an Amanchu anime one day, but first the author needs to start updating more regularly.

Jex

Hide from pizzaroll and just agree with me that the movies are kind of boring, then? :) (Oh, and I found the second one significantly less interesting than the first, for what that's worth. Fans of the director seem to absolutely love the film for whatever reason, though. I am clearly not one of them -- I didn't think it was very good in action, story, or characters.)

Dismissing the critical praise that the Oshii-directed Patlabor films have received as something that only comes from 'fans of the director' is a rather lazy way to attack the films success.

What your argument seem to be saying is this: people who like the works of a given creator will always like the works of that creator which means we cannot trust what they say because they are biased.

Yet we all know that it's possible to like a director and dislike some of there movies. Therefore I don't see why we should assume that fans of Mamoru Oshii are robots who automatically like a movie because he directed it. The argument, in it's simplest form, doesn't even hold any water.

Alternatively, I suppose, what you're saying is that, in your limited experience the fans of Mamoru Oshii you've encountered all like the Patlabor movies. This isn't particularly interesting or relevant information about the film itself and it doesn't really have any baring on how good or bad the film might be in your eyes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like they kind of made a mistake with that whole "Oreki reads the newspaper scene". As soon as
Oreki starts explaining that some mount climbers were stranded a fairly ominous and downbeat piece of music starts to play. This suggests to me that something bad happened to those climbers, even though the show doesn't reveal this for another minute or so. Therefore, when Oreki says "they died" I wasn't surprised in the least because they ruined the surprise through the use of that music piece.

It would have been more effective, I think, to have used some less obvious music as this would have left me in suspense over the fate of the stranded folk.
The point of the episode was to see Oreki attempt to be a human being though, not the actual mystery.

AKB0048/Great Teacher Onizuka 2012 - 4

Being idoru is suffering.
Man, I need to check for episode 7 now. lol

Theonik

To Love-Ru Darkness OVA1
After seeing people discussing this here I thought I had to check this out. Calling this lewd really doesn't cut it.
I also read the whole TLRD Manga so far before seeing this
Definetly the best of Miyazaki along with Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Whisper of the Heart.
Whisper isn't really a Miyazaki film. Not directed by him anyway.

Watched Garzey's Wing.
I am at a loss for words.

The dub was magnificent though.
Everyone should see this.
Who are you a damn ghost?

Well, they've certainly got their priorities straight with the Nendoroid Akari accessories/faces.
I NEED TO HAVE THIS.

Jex

The point of the episode was to see Oreki attempt to be a human being though, not the actual mystery.
I expected this kind of response from you because that's a perfectly reasonable argument.

However the festival arc had a decent amount of character development and interaction and it managed to do all that without being as dull as growing mushrooms. That is major strike against the episode and the series as a whole.

KyoAni studios are infected by 'boring' and I don't know how they can be cured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom