• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There hasn't been a good Akari~n joke since season one of YY.
I could change my avatar to this.
akariav4invis.png

cajunator

Banned
Tari Tari 08

Sawa was so cool
at the end when she was riding her horse to school. So cool <3

Sawa is always cool. She's motherfuckin SAWA.

Tari Tari 08

Yes Sawa, you go girl!

Sawa fans are best fans.

For SAO fans an awesome wallpaper!

Where's Lizbeth's freckles? This wont do!

Space Brothers 11:
This latest test is pretty awesome, and we get to see Mutta interacting with some different characters than he normally does. I love seeing characters put through psychological trials and trying to break down what makes them tick. We also get some nice reflection on mortality, and some great comedy from Serika.

Just another pleasing episode all around, with some nice direction and really well used music.

You're about to enter an arc that takes place almost entirely in one setting. Honestly I really liked those episodes because it heavily explores characters and interactions, but it will be interesting to see whether you like it or not.

I really need to stop doing that but it really bothers me when someone thinks I'm guy >_>

Actually, something about your name made me think you were a girl when I first saw it.

Hyouka 1-6

The mysteries each episode get a bit better maybe but still kind of boring, I don't really understand why they are doing these things, they should save their energy instead of doing things that doesn't matter at all and over-thinking everything. everyone talks very fast (other than Oreki) and all the very shiny colorful eyes feels a bit weird in a good way . it's entertaining still and really very pretty animation, so I'll keep watching

what's with the ED? girls half naked in bed doing .. things.. is not in the same mood as the show at all, kind of odd. xD

You've gotten through the worst of Hyouka. Smooth sailing from there as there are a few good story arcs leading up to where most people agree the show gets better.

Yuru Yuri 5:

Oh hey, they even had some Dead Eyes Moe in this episode. They really did put everything into this show!
Poor Akarin.

Why is the actual act of kissing censored in this show? I've seen plenty of other shows where girls lock lips and share a line of drool afterwards, so what's the deal with this show not showing it?

Why is the OP for this song so catchy? I'm going to catch myself singing this to myself at work and annoying co-workers will ask me what I'm so happy about.

The music in Yuru Yuri S1 is so catchy its kind of unfair. OP/ED doesn't matter its all earworm central. I'm not as thrilled with the new OP/ED.

I want to watch Hyouka but from impressions it sounds so boring

But then again I'm a K-On! fangirl.

Well depends on what bores you. I would recommend skipping episodes 2 and 6 and watching the rest. The show isnt bad, just a bit unevenly paced sometimes. It is always a very pretty show to look at and episode 6 isnt AWFUL in the terms of being badly made, its just a vapid, stupid, overly simple "mystery" that isn't worth your time to watch.

This thread is going strange places.

Really? This looks to be about normal. Perhaps you aren't fully used to animeGAF.

To Love-ru 10

Joshiraku should be more like this.
Or not.
It's fine the way it is.
The episode wasn't anything spectacular. More Haruna is always a plus.

Just think, after this you have another series and they even labelled it Motto so you know for sure! And then after that all this fanservice gets ramped up to insane levels in TLRD.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I thought uchip was against ecchi shows and not lesbianism in a show or something.

I'm confused.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What if you had a show that didn't feature ecchi but just starred a bunch of ecchi who sat on a bench in a park drinking some beers and commenting on the girls who wonder by.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What if you had a show that didn't feature ecchi but just starred a bunch of ecchi who sat on a bench in a park drinking some beers and commenting on the girls who wonder by.

This reminds me of King of the Hill for some reason.

Also no, I am not okay with your avatar.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
You didn't laugh at Kugimiya's exploding breasts?

All I remember is that there's some lady in the first episode who had her breasts stolen from her by a magic sword or something and because of it her fiancee left her and stuff. That just seemed really really mean. >>;

Why are there so many Chu names on GAF?

Who doesn't like a good kiss on the cheek?

Well, they've certainly got their priorities straight with the Nendoroid Akari accessories/faces.

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2012/08/20/nendoroid-akari-akaza/

Holy SHIT! LOLOLOL!

Why is it so hard to believe that he's a prodigy?
Because he's not?

Except that he is ..
The final boss agrees with me

dat forehead, dat grace, that destined-to-kill-nobuna swag
best girl.
Can't wait to see her attitude change , hopefully
yandere - style

You must .. don't think too much , just drink as much soma as you can and so be it

Seikon no Qwaser 01

Hmmm... I don't really watch perverted shows but as a boob and thigh girl this show makes me pretty happy. The battle mechanics will hopefully be pretty cool because I've always loved stuff loosely based off alchemy (I have a ton of alchemy books at home >_>)

Its a good chemistry based fighting concept, and Sasha is pretty epic especially his lines, and I guess Theresa too.

Its terrible that in season 2, they go the fanservice route for more than 50% and ditch it all for
Oppai for life !!! :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The concept would be ok if the author was competent in chemistry. The fact that
gold
is seen as the most powerful element is a joke.

Also that
fire guy (sulphur was it?) has a OHKO move. However he also has an ultimate attack in the form of a phoenix. Sorry bub, as flashy as it is, just use the OHKO move you used all the time before that point
My brain would have died that day if it wasn't for the fact this was a show filled with PLOT.

Grzi

SAO - 7

I was hoping we would find out hoe Kirito got his "official" sword and coat, guess not.
Nothing else was very interesting, I keep hoping some action will happen, but so far I've been disappointed.

Hopefully we'll get some action episodes in the vein of Accel World 12 soon.

cajunator

Banned
The concept would be ok if the author was competent in chemistry. The fact that
gold
is seen as the most powerful element is a joke.

Also that
fire guy (sulphur was it?) has a OHKO move. However he also has an ultimate attack in the form of a phoenix. Sorry bub, as flashy as it is, just use the OHKO move you used all the time before that point
My brain would have died that day if it wasn't for the fact this was a show filled with PLOT.

Dude, this is one of the coolest avatar effects I have seen.
Your previous posts have a blank avatar, and then all of a sudden in this post Akarin appears, and since the eye was used to seeing a blank space she just appears like a ghost. Its pretty incredible.

duckroll

SAO - 7

I was hoping we would find out hoe Kirito got his "official" sword and coat, guess not.
Nothing else was very interesting, I keep hoping some action will happen, but so far I've been disappointed.

Hopefully we'll get some action episodes in the vein of Accel World 12 soon.

He got his coat in ep2 didn't he?

sonicmj1

Haibane Renmei 7

After the events of last episode, Rakka's decided to do her best Shinji impression.

igNCx2xdXTRbB.png

Why doesn't she want to pilot the giant robot? I thought everyone wanted to pilot giant robots.

The second half of this episode laid a lot of interesting mythology out there. Reki's
fate as a doomed sin-bearing Haibane who can never ascend answers a lot of questions about why she seems different from the others, but it raises plenty more. And if Rakka's wings represent some kind of punishment, it raises a lot of questions about how that kind of thing is carried out.

Still, the first part of the episode didn't really work for me. I understand that Rakka is a sensitive soul, and she knew just enough about
Kuu to be regretful for things to end so soon, but I had a hard time buying that she would be in such a despondent, crippling depression for a month after last episode. It wasn't like she knew Kuu that well.
But these things don't always make sense.

Has Rakka found a job yet? I'd think that sort of thing would be important.

cajunator

Banned
Haibane Renmei 7

After the events of last episode, Rakka's decided to do her best Shinji impression.

The second half of this episode laid a lot of interesting mythology out there. Reki's
fate as a doomed sin-bearing Haibane who can never ascend answers a lot of questions about why she seems different from the others, but it raises plenty more. And if Rakka's wings represent some kind of punishment, it raises a lot of questions about how that kind of thing is carried out.

Still, the first part of the episode didn't really work for me. I understand that Rakka is a sensitive soul, and she knew just enough about
Kuu to be regretful for things to end so soon, but I had a hard time buying that she would be in such a despondent, crippling depression for a month after last episode. It wasn't like she knew Kuu that well.
But these things don't always make sense.

Has Rakka found a job yet? I'd think that sort of thing would be important.

Those are the only friends that she really knows now, so what happened is probably a huge shock to her.

fertygo

Hyouka - 18

Damn, this confirming I really like the show then... The content maybe insanely dull but I'm just absorbed into it, the execution was just that great.. some great thing in visual, the slow but smooth pacing, I love it. Its totally Hyouka.

Ultimadrago

Haibane Renmei 7

Ah, the time hop came around after all.

Why did Rakka knock down her frog instead of Kuu's? I thought that would make more sense since Kuu is gone.
In any case, a whole month of a depressed Rakka seems much. I understand that she might not be clicking her heels mid-air after a month, but her state in first half could fool someone into thinking it was a mere thirty minutes after
Kuu's ascending

2BwOj.jpg

They're everywhere!

Rakka's
blotched wings
could exist as a physical manifestation of her perspective on the "spotless" lifestyle as a Haibane being recently skewed by recent events.

Reki's
situation as a Haibane disappointed me partially. When I first saw her smoking, I said to myself, "Oh, I get it. They have halos, but don't all act similar to my preconceived image of an 'angel'."
It was a concept that exclaimed, "Yeah, so what? It's not in a rule book or anything." But now that
it's revealed that she's "cursed" or known as a "lost cause"
, it spells out too much on her attitude and smoking habits.

Finally, Rakka, stop making excuses and get a job!

duckroll

Hyouka - Episode 18

Oh, I guess Hyouka ended last week, and they're just going to be airing OVAs for the remaining 4 weeks now. Oh well! It was good while it lasted. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Jarmel

Banned
Think that was a different guy after the series was complete. While it was going on the first 6 episodes got C's and D's.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/fate/zero/episodes-1

So was just reading through some backlog of the thread. I was actually curious to see what they said about it and the justification. I then went to the forum and read the talkback of the review.

The reviewer wrote this.

I'd like to thank all the Type-Moon superfans for being fairly reasonable so far. I can't reply to everything you guys said about the Type-Moonverse, but I understand better now what their style is all about. For the record, I enjoyed Tsukihime ~decently~ ... although I was just a young-and-upcoming fan at the time who liked everything anyway. I also recall reading the first part of the Kara no Kyoukai novel in Faust, and enjoying the atmosphere although I also felt everyone was just babbling about metaphysical crap. (The Type-Moon trademark!)

Upon further examination of my conscience, I think my incredibly averse reaction to early Fate/Zero is not just the excessive exposition and dialogue, but that it combines elements like magic, battle, complex interwoven plots, and emo self-introspection ... in other words, Pretentious Weeaboo Things that wannabe fantasy authors and OEL manga artists do.

It's just that Type-Moon and Mr. Urobuchi are very talented and successful weeaboos who have figured out how to tap into their target audience's tastes.

I now know to ignore their opinion as a whole because they're either an idiot or a troll.

sonicmj1

Those are the only friends that she really knows now, so what happened is probably a huge shock to her.

I can see that, but it was like she didn't realize that
people can die.
Which is possible (her line about "I thought this was a paradise" hints at that, in a way), but it makes her seem a little more naive than I thought she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom