• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
Twilight was written to teach girls about the importance of abstinence before marriage, I think.

Of course, after marriage you can let your vampire husband ravage you to the point of injury and unconsciousness and leave you pregnant with a psychic demon baby.

Evidently, the true moral of Twilight is to vow celibacy.

So in other words: Terrible juvenile fiction, about vampires, main character has their choice of supernatural mates and they're all horribad, there is a direct link for the target market between reading it and never having sex, readers masturbate over it way too much.

You know, for some reason, I'm pretty sure there was an anime JUST LIKE THIS two, maybe three years ago. But I can't quite place the title.

Twilight was a 4 book series about a girl deciding if she's a furry or a necrophiliac.

Well, you certainly don't want to have a psychic demon baby out of wedlock and end up with the father as a deadbeat, now do you?

Thank you, Thank you anime gaf. I keep telling folks again, and again that this Meyer is a hack writer who says wasnt infuenced by any sort of Japanese (or Orental) works but we know she is the big fat lier she always was.

Jex

I've heard so many shit dubs I automatically go sub and unfairly don't give dubs a chance wether they turn out good or not.

Although it is unfairly harder for me to hear "bad" Japaneese VA, unless they're distinctly awful in a special way like Chiaki Omigawa.

How can you write such lies without your keyboard catching fire?

Dresden

Also, what kind of masochist wants to go to high school every year for their entire life?

Only the good bits they missed out on in their real high school life, ofc.

KwRqw.jpg

Mandoric

Banned
Because I love you all and want to share that special feeling that self-trephination can be a rewarding hobby, here's a blast from the past:

775px-SWEETMERCIFULFUCK.jpg

Novid

Banned
Dude's got shounen mickey there already. He'll change it again once we see young Yensid summoning like 80 keyblades while being a bishounen. Unlimited Keyblade Works!

dont want to hear about Keyblades, unless we are talking about Gargoyles and how they will be in the next gen version of Kingdom Hearts.

Novid

Banned
Because I love you all and want to share that special feeling that self-trephination can be a rewarding hobby, here's a blast from the past:

775px-SWEETMERCIFULFUCK.jpg

this is from the manha they did some time ago.

this is from that manha correct...

or am i proven right again and the long con is for realz!?

Jex

Slightly related to the above, but when I was looking for Adventures of Koutetsu info, I came across a wiki devoted entirely to anime bath scenes. 1300+ pages and growing!

Yeah well everyone knows about that. It's not nearly as cool as the guns in films/tv shows wiki!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I dunno, cosmicroll sounds like a silly shonen power, duckblizzard sounds like a flock of ducks raining shit down on the ground as they fly over.

who says that the latter isn't going to accurately describe how our much anticipated SEASON of SHOUNEN is going to turn out?

I have faith.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You shouldn't be afraid to say what's true. It's not like good designs can save the story.
We would probably all hatewatch a noitaminA Twilight with those designs.

My personal list of "anime that I probably wouldn't have made it through if it had been live action or western animation" is exceedingly high. It counts for something, as much as I want to pretend that it doesn't.

In fact, an adaptation of that particular Twilight manga might be my most-anticipated show of the year. It would be anything but boring.

Jex

Ultimately, I think the current overwhelming ratio of fluff posts to serious posts is just a side effect of the fact that there ended up being virtually nothing this season that warrants any sort of serious discussion. After coming off spring, when shows like Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama, Fate/Zero, and even stuff like Mysterious Girlfriend X and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia were sources of endless discussion picking apart character relationships, speculating, examining the direction, etc, it became especially noticeable a couple of weeks into summer that nothing was going to fill that void after a scant few early prospects crashed and burned. Our only discussion-rich holdovers from Spring are Eureka Seven AO (whose discussions appear to be largely contained in the OT now) and Hyouka, and other than that there's just the constant discussion on Accel World/Sword Art Online which comprises a shockingly large percentage of the thread's content in spite of mostly being largely waifu wars/laughing at the shamelessness/etc. It's just the logical result of a dry season--can you imagine what would have happened to this thread if it had been this active in the infamous Summer of '09? 25k posts of Amagami waifu wars, 20k posts of YUKIMURA/OYAKATA-SAMAAAAAAA and 10k posts of the HSotD bullet-time tits gif.

You can't just pretend that Natsuyuki Rendezvous doesn't exist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom