• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I don't think there's another show as good as Natsuyuki this season.

Well, it doesn't really have much competition. Even if this season was full of good shows, which it's not, NR might have a good shot at being the top the show. Yet as things stands there's very little from this season that I find to be worth watching.

To Love-ru 21
wd6HR.png

Being Darkness is suffering.
Well that was a useless episode. On second thought, never mind. Great googlymoogly!
It was almost as if the whole episode was just a set up for this panty shot.
6vr8S.png

For sales!

D'aaaw.

Did you draw this, Chet?

The cynical side of me is saying you are tricking me into thinking you did so you can say, "No." and I can feel bad. But, cute sketch by the by.

I did, but it's not like I drew it for you or anything...
Despite what I think about Nichijou, I like to draw Yuuko's hair.

Emitan

Nichijou S1E06

Holy shit at that deer fight. I just love this show. So unpredictable. And the crazy CG soccer intro is perfectly cheesy. OVERLY DRAMATIC COCKROACH

Ultimadrago

Oh, I'd definitely support it, if for nothing else than because having to type out 'cuckolding' might just get people to stop using the term so much.

Plus, cuckolding always makes me think of Swiss clocks and consequently chuckle at its usage.

"Cuckolding" is more enjoyable to type out and read, yes.

I did, but it's not like I drew it for you or anything...
Despite what I think about Nichijou, I like to draw Yuuko's hair.

Don't think I didn't see those "tsun stutters" before you edited.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
We all know where the SEASON OF SHONEN will end up: in heartbreak.

Or Bleach filler alley, take your pick.

Bleach filler specifically?

It's one thing to be pessimistic, but good god, show some restraint. I'll take heartbreak, please.

Anastasia was pretty damned good.
I dont know if it actually made any money.

Anastasia made money. Titan A.E. bombed hard, and Fox closed their animation studio shortly afterward.

Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 1:

Oh thank goodness. I feel like I've been waiting for season 2 literally forever!

The episode starts out awesome with Akarin's delusions of grandeur and just continues to be awesome from there. YES! Yuru Yuri is BACK!

The new OP kicks ass too.

Chinatsu is still the best Yuru Yuri.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Only the good bits they missed out on in their real high school life, ofc.
Wait, is that for actual students or old men? lol

I've never read nor seen Twilight, but I'd like to think that it deals with the topic of abortion in a manner similar to Earth Girl Arjuna episode 9.
I assume the thing was that Bella never thought of having an abortion even though she has an unwanted child. lol

wonzo

Banned
Anastasia made money. Titan A.E. bombed hard, and Fox closed their animation studio shortly afterward.

Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 1:

Oh thank goodness. I feel like I've been waiting for season 2 literally forever!

The episode starts out awesome with Akarin's delusions of grandeur and just continues to be awesome from there. YES! Yuru Yuri is BACK!

The new OP kicks ass too.

Chinatsu is still the best Yuru Yuri.
Don't forget to watch Chinatsu's storybook special called YuruYuri: For Whatever Reason, Never Ending, Heart Throbbing, Pitter-patter, Paradox Eternal!

To Love-ru 22
This episode felt weird. It was like it was trying to be a finale episode, but there's still a few more episodes left to go. It had the OP playing during the ending scene even. There also wasn't any weird alien or supernatural shenanigans in this episode at all, but being a rather run-of-the-mill festival episodes really makes this episode stand out since it's from a show known for being over the top.
That doesn't necessarily mean it was good, but it was. If you know what I mean.
1MKHS.png

I wouldn't mind being stung by that bee.

Narag

Nichijou Episode 0

This was pretty great. Humor was much more restrained and reliant on the character interaction, visuals that complemented the scenes rather than overwhelmed, and a distinct lack of Loud Noises™. Basically what I wanted the TV series to be.

Nichijou Episode 0

This was pretty great. Humor was much more restrained and reliant on the character interaction, visuals that complemented the scenes rather than overwhelmed, and a distinct lack of Loud Noises™. Basically what I wanted the TV series to be.

EEEHHHHH!?!?!?

Muv-Luv 8
jbawH0yY2fmTGT.jpg

America~ FUCK YEAH!

I appreciate how Yui's final push over the hill of tsun to the fields of dere was actually given a decent reason rather than simply the "lol they played on da beach and Yuuya was a gentleman so they coo now" that I expected.

And this is liable to be written off as just a coincidence and/or lazy background art, but I believe the meeting in the hall of the Soviet base from this episode was meant to be a reference to their very first face-to-face from the end of episode 3 as a way of contrasting then and now.

Whether this bookend is just meant to indicate the conclusion of Yuuya's training under Yui or (more worryingly) the end of one of their stories, I can't say. The former fits, but this is Muv-Luv so I am going to prepare my anus for absolute devastation.

Don't forget to watch Chinatsu's storybook special called YuruYuri: For Whatever Reason, Never Ending, Heart Throbbing, Pitter-patter, Paradox Eternal!

Yeah, I watched that before I started into &#9834;&#9834;. Chinatsu's art is so incredibly frightening, it reminds me of what my drawing would look like if I actually tried to draw a whole storybook. I think one reason I identify with Chinatsu is because she and I both have a terrible lack of artistic talent. <3

wonzo

Banned
Yeah, I watched that before I started into &#9834;&#9834;. Chinatsu's art is so incredibly frightening, it reminds me of what my drawing would look like if I actually tried to draw a whole storybook. I think one reason I identify with Chinatsu is because she and I both have a terrible lack of artistic talent. <3
Chinatsu's definitely one of the better Yuru's and I just don't get all the hate she gets. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom