• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol @ Funimation, I tried watching that Steins Gate youtube video "blocked in yo country", tried accessing their forum "site is blocked in you country"

Thoraxes

Utena 5
i4xnRUcQJ1kDz.gif

I fucking hate Anthy and this entire dicksmoldering show.

You saw this coming, Thoraxes. You saw it coming and you didn't stop me. Why Thoraxes?

I'm done with Utena for tonight.

You aren't even to the best parts yet.
huehuehuehue

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I watched this before.
This movie was BRUTAL.
so much bunnydeath ;_;
This and Animal Farm are required viewing for all British Children.

Japanaimation wasnt going to work and Doga was not going to cut it because it felt too boring or wasnt known as much. So it stuck.
Is it bad that I like to use the term Japanimation? I probably use it more than anime.

I can't. I'm contractually obliged to ensure that my next avatar is furry related.
I have a spare avatar after making one for CHEEZMO©.

Please don't say "Season 1"...
Isn't it technically two seasons but one series? Yes I do realise that I'm twisting the knife in by saying this.

Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 1:

Oh thank goodness. I feel like I've been waiting for season 2 literally forever!
How do you think the people who had to wait a year felt? There was a period where they were uncertain that a second series would even materialise.

Chinatsu's definitely one of the better Yuru's and I just don't get all the hate she gets. :(
At the beginning she was boring and even more forgettable than Akari. Then they showed her true nature and she became one of my favourites.

However when I went back to the earlier episode you notice subtle hints of her true self.

Do eeeeeeet, we are still missing Chinatsu, Sakurako, and Chitose

and Akane of course
Well the [post=40035616]old ones[/post] are still up for grabs.

How do you think the people who had to wait a year felt? There was a period where they were uncertain that a second series would even materialise.

Really? Didn't the show sell 10k copies of it's first volume? That's a pretty huge success for a show like this no matter how you slice-of-life it. I would have been surprised if it didn't get a second season with those sales.

At the beginning she was boring and even more forgettable than Akari. Then they showed her true nature and she became one of my favourites.

She's cute on the outside but a bit evil on the inside. She's a frighteningly terrible artist and she yuri-raeps Akarin. She looks like a magical girl but is exactly the opposite in personality.

She's perfect!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Really? Didn't the show sell 10k copies of it's first volume? That's a pretty huge success for a show like this no matter how you slice-of-life it. I would have been surprised if it didn't get a second season with those sales.
I follow my dad's advice for life - "never assume".

She's cute on the outside but a bit evil on the inside. She's a frighteningly terrible artist and she yuri-raeps Akarin. She looks like a magical girl but is exactly the opposite in personality.

She's perfect!
In a show about cute girls being doing cute girls you need a strong contrast.

You aren't even to the best parts yet.
huehuehuehue
Siscon is not one of my fetishes. I detest it, even. But when his sister appeared in the doorway with a sultry expression and disheveled clothes, I was like "aw yeah, Miki you old dog ;)" because fuck, he deserves something. But no. It wouldn't even let me have that.

I just want Miki to take his ball and go home. He's a fucking master pianist. He could be drowning in classy vagina and/or hearts if he wanted. Why does it have to be that wretched doll of a girl?
Utena, to me, feels like im watching a shampoo commercial on acid
Sure, until
it decided to relentlessly kick Miki in the nuts for ~20 minutes.

Thoraxes

Siscon is not one of my fetishes. I detest it, even. But when his sister appeared in the doorway with a sultry expression and disheveled clothes, I was like "aw yeah, Miki you old dog ;)" because fuck, he deserves something. But no. It wouldn't even let me have that.

I just want Miki to take his ball and go home. He's a fucking master pianist. He could be drowning in classy vagina and/or hearts if he wanted. Why does it have to be that wretched doll of a girl?
I now even more eagerly look forward to your reactions to the series.

But you must finish. It is what the voices of the world tell me.

BluWacky

Isn't the whole point of Miki's Student Council arc that
Anthy isn't what he wants at all? Despite him appearing to care for her on a personal level, in a contrast to Saionji, he sees her just as much as a symbol - not of "power", as Saionji does, but of his lost happiness in childhood.

Thoraxes

Isn't the whole point of Miki's Student Council arc that
Anthy isn't what he wants at all? Despite him appearing to care for her on a personal level, in a contrast to Saionji, he sees her just as much as a symbol - not of "power", as Saionji does, but of his lost happiness in childhood.

He hasn't gotten that far yet, yo. Most of that comes later.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

sonicmj1

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 7

Shiro Amada: Awesome Dude

ibtsWQbxLml5K5.png

Look at this badass right here. He's standing in the open cockpit of his robot thousands of feet above the ground, and he does not give a single fuck.

Even if it got pretty deep into some "can love bloom, even on the battlefield" schtick (
The writers show some real creativity in getting a hot spring scene on an isolated, snowy mountaintop
), I really like the way Shiro and Aina's relationship is handled. They're not naive about what the war represents, and they know exactly why they're both fighting. But that has nothing to do with how they feel for each other.

I love this show so much. It's just the right mix of sci-fi space opera and front-line grit.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAAAH. The king of comedy is back!!

When duckroll proposed a list of best of shows with one example category being best comedy I instantly though Gintama. However since the list was meant to act as a starting point for those who wanted to get into japanimation I realised Gintama isn't exactly beginner friendly taking its episode count into account.

Steroyd

When duckroll proposed a list of best of shows with one example category being best comedy I instantly though Gintama. However since the list was meant to act as a starting point for those who wanted to get into japanimation I realised Gintama isn't exactly beginner friendly taking its episode count into account.

Nah, I think the constant references to other anime, is what will fly over the head of someone new to Japanim-- anime.

OceanBlue

It's not too big of a deal, I'd imagine, considering how many people get hooked onto shows like Naruto. It is a bit intimidating though.

I'd probably nominate Seto no Hanayome if there ever were a vote. One of my favorites. I still need to watch Tentai Senshi Sunred, now that I think about it. Seto no Hanayome and Tentai Senshi Sunred are generally what I think of when I think of Seiji's comedy.

Defuser

Definitely but still people can enjoy it even if they don't get the reference. Nyaruko has a shitton of references that fly over people's heads but it's still enjoyable.

BluWacky

I would have thought something like Azumanga Daioh would be a better "gateway" comedy? I never really cared for the show much myself but it's not reliant on references or tropes in the same way as Gintama, Nyaruko etc.

It was a pretty big deal in 2002!

Defuser

Anyway I don't think it they will be airing new Gintama episodes considering they just ended a few months ago and they did nearly caught up with the manga. Maybe next year.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I would have thought something like Azumanga Daioh would be a better "gateway" comedy? I never really cared for the show much myself but it's not reliant on references or tropes in the same way as Gintama, Nyaruko etc.

It was a pretty big deal in 2002!

But it's got cute girls and that's just not Toonami.

And OceanBlue, if you watch Sunred I'll watch Seto no Hanayome.

sonicmj1

Revolutionary Girl Utena 36

Saionji and Touga are the best pair. They're so right for each other.

is05YeiZEo9Uz.png

Saionji's tsun is absolutely adorable.

Even though this episode featured some pretty fierce cost-cutting measures, it still got me totally hyped up. And it actually had me feeling sympathetic for Touga, which I didn't really think was possible.
I really can't get over my disgust with Akio, and that's probably a healthy and proper emotion. I groaned audibly when Utena kissed him

iZKcEwaB8nagt.png

In the most extreme example of saving money, this frame lingered onscreen for around 13 seconds. It's kind of meaningful, but still...

It's all out on the table now. With
the final duel won, and Utena finally seeing what Anthy and Akio do after hours,
there's nothing in this mundane reality left to reveal. I have no clue what is going to happen in the next three episodes, and that thought leaves me incredibly excited.

Zettai unmei mokushiroku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom