• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

It's probably safe to say toonami viewers would react much differently to it than we would. I mean look at all the people in here declaring Deadman Wonderland the "WORST THING EVER", yet the toonami thread loves it and it's been very well received elsewhere. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone here that animegaf is a massive, insular minority.

I really think that watching something at the same time as a lot of other people and - crucially - being able to talk to them at the same time about it can really change the way you absorb that show. I'd never watch Deadman Wonderland on my own. Hell, I barely watch it as is, it's just on the second monitor while I sketch or something.

I really think that watching something at the same time as a lot of other people and - crucially - being able to talk to them at the same time about it can really change the way you absorb that show. I'd never watch Deadman Wonderland on my own. Hell, I barely watch it as is, it's just on the second monitor while I sketch or something.

Well toonamigaf is just a very small fraction of DMW's very respectable ratings. Yeah, you could throw around a billion arguments for why it's like that while insulting the show in the process, but it would never be anything more than circumstantial evidence. I think people just like the fact that it's crazy, brutal, and to some extent thought-provoking. It shouldn't come as a surprise that it's popular.

Jarmel

Banned
They're putting the entire world at risk for a damaged girl. Yeah, I get the romantic "I'd pick you over the world" thing, but it just comes off as incredibly dumb in its execution.

But I've already written up a big-ass post for this stuff, so I don't really care to get into it again.

They do soften Holland's(and most of the crew's) portrayal. I will also add two other things in regards to your prior post.
They threw Renton in the brig so he wouldn't get shot when Ray and Charles boarded. That's why they gave him the bulletproof vests too. It was their way of keeping him out of the fighting. Also if IIRC Renton at that point is now actively trying to not straight up kill people. Eureka also started showing signs of a personality around there too.
I disagree but it seems you've already made up your mind about it so no point arguing I guess.

sonicmj1

Well toonamigaf is just a very small fraction of DMW's very respectable ratings. Yeah, you could throw around a billion arguments for why it's like that while insulting the show in the process, but it would never be anything more than circumstantial evidence. I think people just like the fact that it's crazy, brutal, and to some extent thought-provoking. It shouldn't come as a surprise that it's popular.

I do think there are a lot of shows whose flaws I'd forgive if they were dubbed decently and thrown in a Toonami wrapper. Guilty Crown is probably one of them.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Only in Cross Days will be main character - a guy -
can be gang raped by women and men alike.
Truly, a progressive work of art!

You forgot to mention how
the women kinda look like men
part. :lol

But progressive nonetheless!

wonzo

Banned
Hyouka 15
hyouka15.jpg
hyouka15a.jpg
hyouka15b.jpg

While this episode didn't really have the lively feel to the festival as the last few has, it's certainly managed to turn this arc into something truly special and I can't wait to see how the rest unfolds. The visually striking nature of the show at times certainly adds to just how awesome this is!

I'm not trolling. I think it would be sort of cool. If they did put it out on Toonami, it'd have to be dubbed. I would love to watch this again in dub, just to see how they do it.
It's probably safe to say toonami viewers would react much differently to it than we would. I mean look at all the people in here declaring Deadman Wonderland the "WORST THING EVER", yet the toonami thread loves it and it's been very well received elsewhere. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone here that animegaf is a massive, insular minority.
I haven't seen it, but it seems like something that would be fun to see the reactions to in the Toonami thread.
I'd much rather they show something that's actually good like Kino's Journey, Planetes or maybe even Mushishi but w/e

Only in Cross Days will be main character - a guy -
can be gang raped by women and men alike.
Truly, a progressive work of art!
truly overflow are the most forward thinking creative collective of our time

I'd much rather they show something that's actually good like Kino's Journey, Planetes or maybe even Mushishi but w/e

Not one of those would lead to any kind of enjoyable discussion in the thread. Gotta have crazy and awesome stuff like GC. I mean Geass was successful as hell for that reason.

jman2050

You have to do crazy and bombastic right. You can't just dial up the melodrama and hamminess and expect it to fly on those terms alone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What shows am I missing this season? REALLY LTTP

I also forgot to mention Kingdom because action is always needed on anyones anime watch list. Really good feudal era orientated action anime with cool teenage lead characters and warring JPN elements with a healthy mix of comedy. The animation is also unique and fresh.

Are there significant differences between the anime and manga of Binbougami ? I kind of want to watch it for the OST (Masashi Hamazau) but I fear it'll be redundant...

Eureka Seven Ao ep 2
I'm hooked ! Bones made a good anime, woohoo

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 15

I's much rather they show something that's actually good like Kino's Journey, Planetes or maybe even Mushishi but w/e

That will never ever happen. I'd love it, but no. I have all those shows so it doesn't matter. But others should watch them if they haven't.

What shows am I missing this season? REALLY LTTP

Jinrui (humanity has declined)
Joshiraku
Binbougami Ga
Tari Tari
Dog Days 2
Yuru Yuri 2
Kokoro Connect

Are there significant differences between the anime and manga of Binbougami ? I kind of want to watch it for the OST (Masashi Hamazau) but I fear it'll be redundant...

Only difference so far is chapter 3 became episode 2 and chapter 2 became episode 3. Other than that, just a few extensions on some jokes to include more references.

Wagnaria Online 4

How messed up is it that I kept expecting
the loli to die in some contrived and overblown way for cheap melodrama
? I almost feel robbed somehow.

Also, beast tamer seems to be a pretty shitty class.

It's not actually ..
2 things prevent that class to shine ..

- The difficulty of being a tamer ... you have to NOT KILL the monster ( at all ) and giving it the right item .. ( most monsters [all?] are agressive , and not all monsters can be tamed )
The conditions to be one are very strict & hard meaning , people don't know how to use that class at the fullest.
-That loli was underleveled and didn't do things to raise her beast to be especially capable.

-kirito is just too badass ( very hard to shine next to him )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom