• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon S 103

iUUO0otRidInZ.gif

Finally Sailor Moon S is really worth watching!

1w2Sc.jpg

straws!

Let me know when it's ok to post pictures of Chibiusa Hito

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Kokoro Connect 1-4:

Well, this ended up being more serious than I was expecting. Gender-swapping is hardly untested territory but this is the first story that I've personally seen where it happens quite often, in short spurts, and completely at random between the five main protagonists. That aspect is at least semi interesting. Taichi seems to be triggering all the flags, which can only mean eventual disaster when the girls come to collect.

I have to admit, Taichi's advise to Yui was pretty funny.

Taruranto

Now and Then, Here and There - 06

XHBcrl.jpg

Omg, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Though i call BS on
Sara managing to escape the fortress alone.

trejo

Wagnaria Online 4

How messed up is it that I kept expecting
the loli to die in some contrived and overblown way for cheap melodrama
? I almost feel robbed somehow.

Also, beast tamer seems to be a pretty shitty class.

Lurky

Wagnaria Online 4

How messed up is it that I kept expecting
the loli to die in some contrived and overblown way for cheap melodrama
? I almost feel robbed somehow.

Also, beast tamer seems to be a pretty shitty class.

Yeah i was kind of expecting that too. And maybe she was just a shitty beast tamer.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Eureka 7 Episode 11

nrBnw.jpg

Bones, I am disappointed

Is it bad that I wish horrible things would happen to 90% of the crew of the Gekko? I still haven't really figured out what the point of their existence is,
are they just supposed to be shitty teenage rebels who never grew up/are trying to go back to the past?

Anyway, this episode also featured
the real introduction of Anemone, who is some sort of crazy girl who needs drugs forcefully injected into her before she gets into her EVIL giant robot full of CREEPY EYES and starts beating the shit out of the Gekko crew. I like her already.

NeonZ

Joshiraku 3

So finally a bit of focus on Purple who up to now felt a little forgotten.

I think the focus she got didn't really help her though. Showing a super lucky person and others suffering bad luck due to her make you sympathize with the ones suffering, not with the lucky person. The episode itself even seemed to follow the other girl's point of view, rather than purple.

I guess it helped her stand out though anyway, because beforehand she seemed just like red, but with less jokes at her expense.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
A co-worker of mine got some free Guilty Crown BRs when some of his friends from Production IG were visiting. I never got around to watching that series even with all the initial hype around here about it. Worth checking out?

It's a pretty bad show for story. However if you're going to watch it, watch for the actions in Blu-Ray. I bet it's amazing. Man... I'm sort of jelly.

survivor

Banned
Eureka 7 Episode 11

Is it bad that I wish horrible things would happen to 90% of the crew of the Gekko? I still haven't really figured out what the point of their existence is,
are they just supposed to be shitty teenage rebels who never grew up/are trying to go back to the past?

This is how I felt for the 30 episodes of E7 that I watched before dropping it

kayos90

Eureka 7 Episode 11

the real introduction of Anemone, who is some sort of crazy girl who needs drugs forcefully injected into her before she gets into her EVIL giant robot full of CREEPY EYES and starts beating the shit out of the Gekko crew. I like her already.

lol dude. don't ever watch the movie. Also, it gets better. Morning Glory.

Star Driver 12

The worst episode of the series...
Of all the people to kiss, it had to be with the banker who lost? just plain awful!!!! Did not want
. The fight was actually pretty awesome and the entire classroom scene before when Banker was vividly describing Takuto was amazing. Kind of hope she sticks around. More scenes with Sugata and the head are needed too.

Nice London Olympics reference.

Eureka 7 Episode 11

Yeah, Gekkostate are terrible people that deserve despair, especially Holland. Something they do in the 20s made them irreedemable in my eyes, causing me to drop it shortly afterwards.

kayos90

Yeah, Gekkostate are terrible people that deserve despair, especially Holland. Something they do in the 20s made them irreedemable in my eyes, causing me to drop it shortly afterwards.

I will concede that Holland is an ass. He's probably one of the biggest asses I know in anime.

cajunator

Banned
Best show of the year.

I dunno about that. Its been a great year IMO. FZ was one of my favorites of the year though, along with Chihayafuru.

o(^▽^)o. Yay that you're staring Saki!

Yes, it was time. I can't resist Cute forever, especially if it contains yuri.

Surprising it took you this long. Saki is overflowing with :cajun and :SDBurton, and also has an adequate amount of :chetrippo.

I know! Its a joy to watch.

Wow, fuck Japan. We're now at a point where the shitty Japanese market is basically fucking over the North American market. :/

This bothers me more than you would believe. I'm willing to pay prices on the level of what Aniplex is asking for normal releases, and all I ask in return is quality Bluray releases that don't insult me as a consumer.

XpAoC.gif

((((;゜Д゜))) Dresden, where's this from?

Yotsuba& fanmade project probably. That would be one of the cutest animes ever. It will never get made though. Despera has more of a chance.

A co-worker of mine got some free Guilty Crown BRs when some of his friends from Production IG were visiting. I never got around to watching that series even with all the initial hype around here about it. Worth checking out?

For the action? yes. For the girls? probably. For story? LOLOLO%$^%&^$^$#%#%#%#ETETEDFDFT$T$UY&FHDFGHGDGDFUCK.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Eureka 7 episode 12

XKu4s.jpg

Holland not being a dumbass for once

Fortunately, Holland & Co. didn't really have any opportunities to be too annoying, so that was good. Unfortunately,
that dream sequence went on far too long, and didn't make too much sense. I get that there's obviously some kind of connection between Eureka/Anemone and the Nirvash/The End, but that still doesn't really help the dream sequence too much when there's stuff like a naked Anemone inside a fridge calling Renton a pervert, while at the same time the real Anemone is saying the same thing.

Yotsuba& fanmade project probably. That would be one of the cutest animes ever. It will never get made though. Despera has more of a chance.

I know it's Yotsuba&, I have all the mangas released thus far and I'd like for the anime to be made one day, but the author don't want it, right? -____-''

cajunator

Banned
Every girl in saki manages to be super cute. Except for
beanpole.

This is quite true so far. Its a cute art style. A bit generic, but it definitely reminds me of the style of some other shows I've seen.

I know it's Yotsuba&, I have all the mangas released thus far and I'd like for the anime to be made one day, but the author don't want it, right? -____-''

Correct. I would buy that anime so fast...

kayos90

Eureka 7 episode 12

Fortunately, Holland & Co. didn't really have any opportunities to be too annoying, so that was good. Unfortunately,
that dream sequence went on far too long, and didn't make too much sense. I get that there's obviously some kind of connection between Eureka/Anemone and the Nirvash/The End, but that still doesn't really help the dream sequence too much when there's stuff like a naked Anemone inside a fridge calling Renton a pervert, while at the same time the real Anemone is saying the same thing.

It's okay. Just wait. Morning Glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom