• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This season is utter shit. Time to check your backlog.

Do you always troll or are you being serious all the time? Either way it's sort of annoying and obnoxious.

Anyway, there are some particular standouts this season. It all depends on what you're looking for. Personally I like Tari Tari and Sword Art Online.

Coxy

So sword art online is actually pretty good, I watched it and didnt even know
it was going to be all .hack like, I'll damn well take it since it doesnt look like I'm getting any new .hack anytime soon

Taruranto

Do you always troll or are you being serious all the time? Either way it's sort of annoying and obnoxious.

Anyway, there are some particular standouts this season. It all depends on what you're looking for. Personally I like Tari Tari and Sword Art Online.

What there is to troll? The only bearable shows are Natsuyuki Rendezvous and maybe Moyashimon.

Of course, if by your standards shows like SAO are "good" then pretty much everything else may as well be a masterpiece.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
SAO 1 - 3

Well I don't see the hub-bub over this show. First three episodes were pretty standard, but enjoyable. Bro even had a pretty loving waifu for a minute there. So cute too, he really shoulda smashed it.

Genshiken 2 3
ApWAq.png

Self-hating otaku moe~
They managed to sell out their book, with the help of some conventional, and very non-conventional means. Fun episode.
h9sjs.png

NEEEEEEERRRD

Cwarrior

What shows am I missing this season? REALLY LTTP

To be honest nothing, season started off good with surprises like jinru but then quickly aged and rotted like a tesco sandwich.

Jinrui -ep1 turned out to be the best ep this season, 2 was pretty decent but then it when off to snoozeville.

Binbougami Ga - the mangaka is dead set on ruining anything this had going for it(2 leads) in favor of following the beaten path and pleasing dtl.

Jokes aren't funny it's mostly your typical anime boob size jokes.

-ep 2 is quite good lots of energy it's the one worth watching just not ep3 and ep4 avoid those.

worth watching

jinrui ep1 and ep2
binbougami ep2(ep1 is also ok)

it's backlog season

trejo

It's not actually ..
2 things prevent that class to shine ..

- The difficulty of being a tamer ... you have to NOT KILL the monster ( at all ) and giving it the right item .. ( most monsters [all?] are agressive , and not all monsters can be tamed )
The conditions to be one are very strict & hard meaning , people don't know how to use that class at the fullest.
-That loli was underleveled and didn't do things to raise her beast to be especially capable.

-kirito is just too badass ( very hard to shine next to him )

But that's 3 things.

SAO 1 - 3

Well I don't see the hub-bub over this show. First three episodes were pretty standard, but enjoyable. Bro even had a pretty loving waifu for a minute there. So cute too, he really shoulda smashed it.
He hasn't discovered the option to
enable his dong
, yet. Not even trolling.

Huh. I recall enjoying samurai 7. Fights had a good feel and the whole clash of culture and what not works for the most part.

And samurai vs mecha totally sounds like toonami.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just wanted to say this is a neat thread and that I like you people. You're good people.

K thanks, good night.

Gundam Wing 14

Trays Kush Rhonada, makes great speeches and be a cool antagonist. I like how he gives several of his subordinates freedom, even if they fail at their duties
like the one who keeps Relena in check and fails, dont even understand what Relena is doing speaking pro Gundam statements at the anti gundam conference, and she keeps leaking information to them, like did she need to reveal Heero Yuy's name? fail.

Trowa has some great skills
wiping out all those mobile suits in the corridor while Heero attempts to let the Noventa lady carry out judgment on him, kind of felt bad for him as he has to live with the pain of killing the ones who wanted peace thanks to the terrible scheme of Oz.

Narag

Gundam Wing 14

Trays Kush Rhonada, makes great speeches and be a cool antagonist. I like how he gives several of his subordinates freedom, even if they fail at their duties
like the one who keeps Relena in check and fails, dont even understand what Relena is doing speaking pro Gundam statements at the anti gundam conference, and she keeps leaking information to them, like did she need to reveal Heero Yuy's name? fail.

Trowa has some great skills
wiping out all those mobile suits in the corridor while Heero attempts to let the Noventa lady carry out judgment on him, kind of felt bad for him as he has to live with the pain of killing the ones who wanted peace thanks to the terrible scheme of Oz.

Treize Khushrenada is the best thing about Gundam Wing!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sora no Woto - 02

LESFK.png

l4gg8.png

Kanata checking out Rio's assets, atta girl!

Didn't think I'd be a fan of Kureha, but by the end of the episode I started to warm up to her. Fun episode.

Sword Art Online is a pretty good Batman anime.

Kirito is the hero we...well you know.

SAO 1 - 3

Kirito has a harem but there's really only one girl he is destined to be with, unlike most harem leads. See, in the OP one girl is in like every other shot but all the other girls are limited to 0.5 second face flashes. There's a good reason for this.

Kirito is the hero we...well you know.

Kirito has a harem but there's really only one girl he is destined to be with, unlike most harem leads. See, in the OP one girl is in like every other shot but all the other girls are limited to 0.5 second face flashes. There's a good reason for this.

Bruce Wayne doesn't have 2 years of semen stored up though.

It's kind of hilarious how similar SAO is to the
384 page
killer-MMO story I wrote in 8th/9th grade. That is probably one of the most insulting things I could say about something, by the way.

Articalys

Apparently Bandai and Sunrise are teaming up for a cross-media anime and arcade card game project called Aikatsu!
Websites for a card game and anime series for Aikatsu!, a new idol-centered card game, were revealed on Wednesday. The title is listed as produced by Sunrise and Bandai. The game will involve using collectible cards representing different clothes in order to pass auditions in order to become a top national idol singer.

A separate website for the television anime adaptation of the series lists that the adaptation will be produced by Sunrise, and that the series is also being produced by Dentsu and the TV Tokyo station.
Nothing on the official anime site yet besides "hey, this show exists now!"

For what it's worth, the arcade game looks like this:
While the character designs look like this:

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hyouka 15:

As the crew realize the meaning of what clubs are being targetted, Oreki finds himself helping out even though he initially didn't care. There's definitely some tension in Fukube, he's being completely shown up by Oreki despite the fact that he's working much harder toward solving the mystery. Chitanda tries to use Irisu's advice and Fukube continues his research. This seems to be a challenge for him, he wants to nab the perp before Oreki and goes to stake out the magic show, the next target in line according to the theory.

Mayaka hangs out with Oreki, and concludes that despite his tsun-tsun attitude, Oreki really does want to catch the thief. Oreki passes it off as "Chitanda's gonna bug me forever so I'm doing it" which amuses Mayaka, who gives him a mirror in exchange for the flour.

The magic show begins, but it's too late; a candle had already been taken, rendering the stakeout fairly worthless. Meanwhile the fake vocaloids continue to be uber bitches, and Mayaka has a nice conversation with one of the nicer manga club members. Fukube returns to the classics club and chats with Oreki. Like I thought, HE wants to catch the culprit before Oreki does; it's a personal challenge to himself. Fukube feels that he needs to do this to prove his worth, I guess.

Love it! Bring on next week!

Horizon S2 - 04

HOW MANY TIMES WILL THEY RUN THAT RUNNING JOKE ?? Now 3 people are confused ..this will be a snow balling effect at full force...

At this rate this will be used as a negociation tool during the soon to be enligh-spanish war ...

Can't wait to see how Aoi will use that to shake everything up

Jarmel

Banned
So do we know the name of the anime Urobuchi is doing this fall? I thought someone mentioned it was K but I tried checking up on that and couldn't find any info.

duckroll

So do we know the name of the anime Urobuchi is doing this fall? I thought someone mentioned it was K but I tried checking up on that and couldn't find any info.

Urobuchi has said that he's working on two series right now. One is due to air in Fall, the other in Winter. He hasn't mentioned what they are yet, so they could either be unannounced stuff (unlikely for the Fall show), or something which has no staff announced yet. I'm putting my money on the Fall show for Psycho-Pass. The Winter show might not be announced yet.

Jarmel

Banned
Urobuchi has said that he's working on two series right now. One is due to air in Fall, the other in Winter. He hasn't mentioned what they are yet, so they could either be unannounced stuff (unlikely for the Fall show), or something which has no staff announced yet. I'm putting my money on the Fall show for Psycho-Pass. The Winter show might not be announced yet.

I'm kinda surprised about the dearth of info on Psycho-Pass. Do we even know the studio who is doing it? Do you know if there is supposed to be some major info blowout or something coming up? It's roughly two months till airing and all we have is a picture of a CG gun.

duckroll

I'm kinda surprised about the dearth of info on Psycho-Pass. Do we even know the studio who is doing it? Do you know if there is supposed to be some major info blowout or something coming up? It's roughly two months till airing and all we have is a picture of a CG gun.

No. No. Yup.

I suppose with the current noitaminA season hitting the mid-point this week or next week, it would be about time to reveal next season's shows. Robotic;Notes was only recently unveiled over a week ago. If we don't find out by this month, something would be really off.

cajunator

Banned
Did you visit the arcade game site yet? There are sparkles following your cursor.

Thats pretty awesome right there. I love sparkles!

I will watch anything that dude makes.
Butch Gen is the awesome kind of crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom