• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

There are a few
iTj5Y086chhW8.png

I don't know why you posted this, that's not even close to the worst thing darkside has ever admitted to.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Oh, you guys are talking about SAO waifus.

Sorry, I gotta side with Team Asuna here. I will always rate a girl who can cook very highly, especially when her other attributes are so strong too. Silica is pretty cute though, I'll give you that. She has a cute dragon too.

Hey there teammate.

trejo

Dawg Days 4

It's like a petting zoo in here!

It'd be cool if petting was like an euphemism for something else in this world.

What is the anime selection like on Netflix?
Streaming is meh. Lots of crappy titles, and only a few gems. Disc-mailing opens up the selection, but having to wait for each disc is dildos if you're the type that likes to marathon things.

The streaming is super convenient, though, and it's a million times cheaper than outright buying anime.

Branduil

Hyouka 15

the plot thickens! The whole seniority thing over in japan seems quite... idk.

I don't recall grade ever mattering much in the clubs i've attended in my school life.

Well I'm guessing you're not in Japan, where the date of your birth seems to decide everything about your social status. Assuming anime is true, of course.

Mawaru-Penguindrum 5:

Several main story threads are introduced or integrated together this episode. Shouma discovers the truth about Ringo's Mirai Nikki. Ringo's Mirai Nikki is called the Unmei Nikki, or Destiny Diary. It contains a series of events which will occur during her day, though apparently it's not a particularly powerful Future Diary as the events do not ever occur precisely as written and the entries are sporadic in number. If it came down to it, Yuno would easily kill Ringo since her Future Diary allows her to see what Yukki is doing down to 5-minute increments, and Yukki's diary covers everything that happens around him in the same increments. Yandere love is the purest form of love after all!

Ringo discovers the truth about the Extraterrestrial Organism Penguin Hat. Himari-Hat talks a bunch of shit to Ringo that she pretty much deserves, and then a bunch of shit happens. It's probably not a good idea to get Ringo angry, as Himari-Hat discovers. Yuno would still fuck Ringo up though.

Additional story threads now initiate as well. Kanba gets a visit from his uncle and then needs to get money fast. Fortunately he has an anonymous source. The beginning of the story seen the last episode is now fully introduced, including the mysterious woman with the laser-sighted penguinball-gun seen in the OP. This may or may not be the real main story to which all the other stories connect. Kanba has an important flashback sequence which sets up his diligence in obtaining the money he needs, though I suspect he will come to regret getting his money the way he did.

I'm now caught up with where I stopped watching the series originally. Now I think of it, I don't know why I stopped here. It seems like things were just getting interesting this episode. This time I think I'll continue on. LET'S DESTINY!

Branduil

On the subject of what influences anime directors, I remember hearing that Satoshi Kon had a list of 100 or so important movies that influenced him and he was quite concerned because practically no-one left at Madhouse had seen them.

There's nothing inherently wrong with being a director whose been primarily influenced by anime but I am a little concerned where it leaves anime, in the longer-term. If you don't have any appreciation for the language of film but you work in it then a number of problems can arise. Sometimes cutscenes in videogames (I am looking at you, Bioware) can have this problem as well because you can tell that they only have a vague idea of how to shoot a scene or position a camera to create an effect in the audience.

Think about what recent anime future anime directors could be influenced by, and tremble.

Branduil

I don't think a person putting up with shit from undesirable members in a club they have a personal interest in is unusual. She clearly enjoys the subject, and the activities, and there are other members who talk to her normally. I mean, look at the dynamics of AnimeGAF!

Yeah I mean look at the crap I put up with here.

duckroll

Think about what recent anime future anime directors could be influenced by, and tremble.

Ei Aoki, the director of Wandering Son and Fate/Zero, counts David Fincher and Christopher Nolan among his inspirations for tone and setting. He personally enjoys more edgy and gritty live action movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom