• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

oda nobuna - 3/4

Oda Nobuna does that thing where the concept of travel time doesn't exist so entire armies flit in and about the countryside like they were getting ctrl-j'd all over the game board. I don't know why that in particular irks me so in a show where Oda Nobunaga got turned into a cute tsundere girl, but it just does.

There's a lot of stuff I find problematic about it, but for some reason it's oddly likable even as it stumbles about in all its awful jarring moe-moe finery. It's silly and bad, and the moments where it tries to get serious doesn't work, but I'm still watching it so dunno. Can't be helped.

I guess lolified Hanbei is next. Woo-hoo...

Also:

Team Forehead.

IdmTQl.png

Gundam Wing 15

So thats how Heero can get a mobile suit back. I like Zeks plan even if puts pressure on Triez
. Everyone needs their injuries checked out fast as unfortunately, both seem to be disadvantaged and I think that means the fights in Antartica wont be the final showdown. This first minifight of the lieutenant v the other spy mobile suits was enjoyable. Shes good.

duckroll

Gundam Age 42
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7splpCctS1qd3iz5o2_500.gif
Fram Nara in the Fawnfarsia and Girard Spriggan in the Theileva (best EFF suit) are actually nice antagonists for the protagonists. Fram is interesting in that she seems she has a love interest for Zehearto so it kind of improves her skills, making her a competant opponent for Kio and the way his C-funnels defend against their projectiles is exciting, and Girards past was emotional. Zehearto v Ash is still my favorite fight on this battlefield
nice how Ash wasnt affected by that huge X rounder burst at the end there

Wow, that mech looks like something from Xenosaga! :D

sonicmj1

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 4

NSPUO.png

Now this is an eyecatch!

A gigantic flying robot that can turn the tide of war? This wasn't in my Vietnam movies.

This was yet another pretty awesome episode. Sanders is a lot more sensitive than his appearance makes him seem. I kind of like that. And there was a pretty fantastic burst of mech action towards the end.

On the Zeon side, yet another new face has been added to the pantheon. He's exactly what he looks like.

eSBA7.png

Long sleeves wouldn't let him show off his beastly forearms.

I can guess where this is going on a larger level (there's really only one kind of Japanese plot that involves superweapons), but I really want to know what will happen to the characters. Amada's a great leader. I like his team more and more with each episode.

duckroll

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-video-releases-listed-with-english-subtitles

So this brings the current count of recent Bandai Visual published stuff with English subtitles to...

- Gundam Unicorn
- Horizon
- Yamato 2199
- Eureka Seven AO
- Code Geass Nunnally in Wonderland
- Gundam AGE
- Gundam SEED HD Remaster
- Accel World

Might have missed some stuff, but I think it is almost for certain now that when Akito is released on Blu-ray, it'll have English subs.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-video-releases-listed-with-english-subtitles

So this brings the current count of recent Bandai Visual published stuff with English subtitles to...

- Gundam Unicorn
- Horizon
- Yamato 2199
- Eureka Seven AO
- Code Geass Nunnally in Wonderland
- Gundam AGE
- Gundam SEED HD Remaster
- Accel World

Might have missed some stuff, but I think it is almost for certain now that when Akito is released on Blu-ray, it'll have English subs.

Gundam Seed HD remaster?? Tell me about it. :D Btw its taking Unicorn too long to release the next episode, just like Hellsing OVA :(

Taruranto

Well, HF is technically "dark and bloody".
But HF is also the worst route in existence.

The only way for FSN to be good would be having Urobuchi re-write the story, killing Shirou at the first occasion he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom