• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-video-releases-listed-with-english-subtitles

So this brings the current count of recent Bandai Visual published stuff with English subtitles to...

- Gundam Unicorn
- Horizon
- Yamato 2199
- Eureka Seven AO
- Code Geass Nunnally in Wonderland
- Gundam AGE
- Gundam SEED HD Remaster
- Accel World

Might have missed some stuff, but I think it is almost for certain now that when Akito is released on Blu-ray, it'll have English subs.

Did Funimation get the rights to a North American disc release of Eureka Seven AO, or was it just streaming?

wonzo

Banned
A new anime project from Shaft will be presented at C82: Prism Nana Project.
School uniform character designs:
Scenery sketches:
hmm, on the one hand the third girl has the zettai ryouiki on her transformation costume but on the other the 2nd girl's has it with her school uniform... i think i'm gonna have to wait a while until i can choose the best girl™

The Macross DYRL Blu-ray Hybrid Disc sold 25,753. Bomba. So sad. :(
owned by censorship

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
hmm, on the one hand the third girl has the zettai ryouiki on her transformation costume but on the other the 2nd girl's has it with her school uniform... i think i'm gonna have to wait a while until i can choose the best girl™

voice actresses are going to be very important, I agree.

cajunator

Banned

Its all part of their plan. they want you to be conflicted and end up buying merchandise for both of them.

Jarmel

Banned
I just wonder how Us fans will be able to purchase these.
Bandai Visual pulled out of the Us already. This is a bit odd.

Amazon JP will be more than happy to take your money.

I hope they remake FSN in the same fashion of Zero, dark and bloody.

Any sort of serious adaptation of the work as a whole would require a complete rewrite. Urobuchi would almost certainly have to do a mishmash that would probably piss of purists. Best one would have certain bits from all the routes but with a focus on HF. The preproduction for that one would be an absolute nightmare.

cajunator

Banned
Amazon JP will be more than happy to take your money.

True. and I might have to go that route since they are subbing it in english. Which I dont mind if thats how I have to get some things.

Whoever gets Omigawa or Hanazawa will be the best girl

This is highly factual.

Omigawa is the best, whoever gets voiced by her automatically is elevated to goddess tier.

This is more highly factual.

RKB 03

hmmm...

loli training. Ok

loli quirks. Ok

loli baths. eh.

small forward... center... big man?

sports...

seriously why the fuck does basketball in this show look better than other basketball shows?

cajunator

Banned
RKB 03

hmmm...

loli training. Ok

loli quirks. Ok

loli baths. eh.

sports...

seriously why the fuck does basketball in this show look better than other basketball shows?

The show could have been really good actually, if they just focused on the basketball. but then it wouldn't have sold either.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The show could have been really good actually, if they just focused on the basketball. but then it wouldn't have sold either.

Didn't you watch like 2 episodes. And for a connoisseur of cute you sure don't know jack.

RKB 03

hmmm...

loli training. Ok

loli quirks. Ok

loli baths. eh.

sports...

It's actually somewhat realistic sports action. Almost every shounen series I've watched have high school kids or younger playing as if they were the greatest at their sport, heck sometimes better than that. The RKB girls are not playing at the same level of the Heat, hell they aren't even as good as the Knicks.

cajunator

Banned
Didn't you watch like 2 episodes. And for a connoisseur of cute you sure don't know jack.

It's actually somewhat realistic sports action. Almost every other shounen series I've watched have high school kids or younger playing as if they were the greatest at their sport, heck sometimes better than that. The RKB girls are not playing at the same level of the Heat, hell they aren't even as good as the Knicks.

I actually watched episode three but decided to stop there for a while.
Some parts of it are actually interesting, but some parts are definitely not my thing at all.
As I said before I dont like the art style, so Im not in Ro Kyu Bu for the cute. I wanted to see if it has a genuinely good core to it, which I will admit it does.

Ei Aoki, the director of Wandering Son and Fate/Zero, counts David Fincher and Christopher Nolan among his inspirations for tone and setting. He personally enjoys more edgy and gritty live action movies.

Everything now makes perfect sense. Nolan's next movie project to be a Fate/Zero Trilogy!

cajunator

Banned
Cool, guess I'll wait for that then rather than import and also hope that they or someone else can pick up Gundam AGE (lol).

Suppose I should start watching Fate/Zero if it actually is that good. Then prepare myself for the $700-ish it will take to buy it :/.

It is a really good series on every level. Even beyond my superficial appreciation of Cute it has great characters, excellent visuals, a remarkable soundtrack, solid direction, pretty much everything animeGAF likes. Is it worth 700 bucks? To me it was because I spoke with my wallet, but thats a hard pill to swallow for most. The extras it comes with are Drama CDs, music CDs, artwork, translation booklets, and a very nice box to put it all in. As a package, you wont find much that's better. If you are willing to pay the price to get it, I think you'll be very pleased with the product.

Defuser

Horizon 2 ep 17
Oh man, hearing Ono Daisuke screaming OPPAI is a hilarious thing! Fuck off Tori, Tenzou is here to steal the spotlight.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well for those who are not in the IRC room.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/n...-baby-creator-asked-to-prepare-for-2nd-season

AfTDX.gif

Cool, guess I'll wait for that then rather than import and also hope that they or someone else can pick up Gundam AGE (lol).

Suppose I should start watching Fate/Zero if it actually is that good. Then prepare myself for the $700-ish it will take to buy it :/.

I cant imagine they wont do a standard boxset release of Fate Zero sometime in late 2013 outside of JPN or even with a dub, so one could honestly wait. After the BLue Exorcist thing Ill be waiting for any of Aniplex's sub only releases, well apart from that bakemono anime or whatever.

I wonder how Bandai will release Age, couldnt the ones doing Gundam Unicorn release it, though I bet it would be sets like five or so ten episode sets for $79.99 each...

cajunator

Banned
Nadesico maybe? If you like comedy with your Space Opera anyway.
Also watch Irresponsible Captain Tylor because Tylor is the fucking man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom