• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
tumblr_m9kkfq2mLW1qbyxr0o1_400.gif

Jank.

Ok for the life of me, I've been trying to figure out why everybody has been complaining about this. Other than the motions being pointless and the magical container that refills and empties itself, what is wrong with the motions in of themselves?

>Sugita, after seating down, gets as far away from Terashima as possible.
>He maintains his distance throughout the show.
>Sugita does not glance at Terashima one bit during the show.
>Terashima talks to Sugita but is ignored
>While they're playing games, Sugita does not talk to him
>Sugita: (Something about 00Gundam). Terashima laughs but is ignored
>Sugita: (Something about signing). Again Terashima laughs but is ignored again.
>Sugita: [BUSHUUU~~] Terashima: [At the end that's it? lol] Sugita: *Ignores Terashima*
>Terashima does a body touch, Sugita completely ignores him.

Good of Sugita.

Ok for the life of me, I've been trying to figure out why everybody has been complaining about this. Other than the motions being pointless and the magical container that refills and empties itself, what is wrong with the motions in of themselves?

I guess it's because the camera and her position makes it seem like she and the background are separate rather than part of the same scene, but I'm not entirely sure. The camera movement just makes her spinning motion weirder.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I'll tell you what is worth complaining about; that bottle of bleach in the background. That's well within the reach of children and teaches viewers bad kitchen health and safety.

This is like the fourth or fifth week in a row that Knight in the Area is on a 12 hr delay for crunchyroll, they might as well just permanent move its time from fridays to saturday 5am or so...I miss when it was around 5:30 or 6 on friday evenings.

Jarmel

Banned
I guess it's because the camera and her position makes it seem like she and the background are separate rather than part of the same scene, but I'm not entirely sure. The camera movement just makes her spinning motion weirder.

Ok, so? I'm not seeing how that's a negative. The shaky camera I can see as a negative since some people despise the hell out of it.

jbug617

Banned
Koi To Senkyo To Chocolate 8

Sucks that the Chisato
gets shot down by Yuuki. Guess just another childhood friendship that can't evolve into romance.
Episode mostly about the 2 sisters and their story. I don't know where this show is going but there are a lot of problems they have to work out.

BluWacky

Someone wrote up a nice, detailed summary of the voice actor drama surrounding Kokoro Connect.

Thanks for this hosanna. I'd been wondering what the whole Chinkonnect thing I'd read about was - idiotic 4channers completely misunderstanding the situation it seems - but it's good to have context for the whole thing.

I don't really follow the world of seiyuu so I don't know how strong their union laws are (assuming they're members of whatever the Japanese version of Equity/AEA is) but I find it odd that they're able to broadcast footage of their auditions without the actors' prior consent. I guess, seeing as both Kitamura and Ichiki were cast in that Onii-chan show, that they presumably have publicity clauses in their contracts that say their images can be used for publicity purposes - but audition footage? That seems a bit crazy.

Whoever this Yamamoto producer guy is, though, he seems like a total dick.

I'm pretty sure that's what most have been complaining about.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Started watching Amagami SS and they did an amazing job by picking Kana Asumi for Miya.

"Nii-Nii"
Obligatory link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAavGv-OzXY

Chocolate 08

Your protag, people.

So this was basically a sensei and rival election candidate episode. The backstory was nice and it was done pretty well.

Of course, the girls have to be proactive and literally claim the protag to get a shot into his pants.
What a rather boring end to the sensei arc. Also, there was some Kanna-face in this episode as well. lol

Theonik

Ok, so? I'm not seeing how that's a negative. The shaky camera I can see as a negative since some people despise the hell out of it.
It makes the background and foreground elements feel separate which is not really good. She also looks like she's on Rollerblades too. The latter I would attribute to not being able to see her feet though.

She does seem kinda weightless as she's moving, like she's floating across the floor. Though they might have done that for a reason.

Neki

It wasn't just that, someone told him to resize it and he responded in a not so polite way.

His response was actually posting in the picture in " " tags. (moodyshuffle callout)

Bit harsh, but he'll be back to troll you guys in 9 days, don't worry.

Novid

Banned
You guys are lucky. You got your waifus, your hnngs, your tears of yuri, mono no aware and all the rest. For me, im a more high spiritual person. square to fault. So when i hear that Warners fucked everybody over, im not in the mood. Not in the mood at all.

Theonik

She does seem kinda weightless as she's moving, like she's floating across the floor. Though they might have done that for a reason.
The weightlessness was probably intended to convey her "light hearted nature" in that shot probably. Careless = Floating sort of deal. I'm not sure I like how it was executed here however.

BluWacky

You guys are lucky. You got your waifus, your hnngs, your tears of yuri, mono no aware and all the rest. For me, im a more high spiritual person. square to fault. So when i hear that Warners fucked everybody over, im not in the mood. Not in the mood at all.

Okay, I'll bite.

i) What have Warners done?
ii) What does it have to do with anime?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
AnimeGAF are so distracted by those things. They forget what actually happens in the real-world.:(

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Someone wrote up a nice, detailed summary of the voice actor drama surrounding Kokoro Connect. Some choice extracts:

What a mess!

What a horrible horrible thing to do to a person. And what's worse, no one else thought to stop this? Nobody thought this wouldn't somehow backfire? I hope none of the people involved in this incident ever get to work on anything ever again.

Mad props to Tomokazu Sugita though.

Accel World 21
tumblr_m9n0z3FW401qjbdd7o1_500.jpg

This episode was awesome. The bus confessional is definitely one of the top moments in the series, Taku so sincere, and Haru too, and just it all, and everyone on the bus turning and starring as it got even more intense.

Anyway I liked the whole episode every development and what not
Scarlet Rain sharing with them the secret of the Incarnation System and Taku training it and sharing his tear inducing backstory, hope he gets it and overcome his fears. I didnt ever think he was a victim of bullying. Haru and Blood Leopard on the motorbike was funny and I liked Prominence's guild layout. Rust Jigsaw, Nomi?

And wow at Namco for actually having that Tekken Tag Tourney 2 or whatever footage playing in the Akihabara game center, free ad?

Thoraxes

The E7AO threads on 2ch are pretty upset/worried. There isn't really much... laughing or anything. E7AO has a smaller fanbase, but people generally enjoy the show and have been speculating a lot and posting interesting theories every week analyzing the new information and hints. I don't think anyone following a show wants to learn that they're going to have to wait for months to get the ending. It just sucks. :(

Fuck the Olympics.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm pretty sure that's what most have been complaining about.

That's more of a context issue though and she might just be happy to see Shiro.

It makes the background and foreground elements feel separate which is not really good. She also looks like she's on Rollerblades too. The latter I would attribute to not being able to see her feet though.

Again I don't see an inherent problem with the foreground and background looking separate eapecially if the foreground is a character as it gives a sort of depth.
Fuck the Olympics.

Only if you're in the Olympic Village.

Ultimadrago

You can just do it like this one DVD set did a bit ago. (don't remember what it was but I do remember it was in one of the spring OTs, they gave a translated script on a disk and NO SUBS) and just find a translated script print it out and use as appropriate!

Bobobo.pdf

wonzo

Banned
To anyone following Moyashimon Returns - how has it been? I haven't bothered watching a single episode after the first one.
It's pretty much a second season of Moyashimon. The changes in the charcater designs (which I've gotten use to now) are offset by just how much better the backgrounds are.

Girls Bravo 19
Dk0j2.png

This episode takes place in London, complete with Suttokoland Yard.
Well this episode was weird, up until the end where it's explained off as a movie. But it was a pretty neat episode on its own, save for the last bit where the thieves turn themselves in because of their love of the detective. Other than that, it's basically what this show would be like if Fukuyama was the harem lead of the show.
6MD84.png

Yet still very Girls Bravo-ish

Campione! 9
tumblr_m9n9p24lnC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Sometimes the anime just goes in the wrong direction, so much stuff had no point and I found myself just being disappointed and such while watching, did we really need to see Lil like that? Not what I signed up for. Anyway, outside of these pointless 18 minutes, I liked how some events went down
Athena and such showing up to bargain and Godou making an appearance after being drugged, that was cool

Oh well other times the anime is hard to resist, it was a pleasure to see Salvatore and more Godou.
tumblr_m9mvrvlQhK1qjbdd7o1_500.jpg

Ultimadrago

Paranoia Agent 8

The first thing I have to bring up for this episode is the quirky soundtrack used. The most notable music used was trombone blowing with some rhythm. However, it set up the humor and expression of the experience much better than what I've seen in some anime (especially shounen) that have "the song" or "those two songs" that are playing when a light-hearted moment is being played out or something "Waaaaacky!" is taking place. You know the type.

I can compare it with other genre of anime easily as I'm speaking on the merits of the music itself which is in tune with the inferior pieces that come to my mind when contrasting.

With that out of the way, this was a really fun episode! I found myself laughing at multiple occasions. The dark humor was simple, but great. Again, the "light" music that played along only added to the experience instead of being "bad music."

As for the main three, I enjoyed seeing them interact. Whether in conflict
(Fuyubachi trying to ignore Kaname)
or in unison
(at the hot springs)
. Fuyubachi in front of the convenience store was
the moment they told the viewer blatantly that they were already dead. However, the absence of shadows is noticeable before this event, allowing the viewer to read it for themselves. For example, another moment was the guy who got up from getting hit by the train. He had no shadow and Zebra noticed that a "dead man" got up and walked off when no one else noticed.

On a general note, it's funny that
in the search for an eternal rest
, the gang ends up taking what could be identified as an actual vacation!

In between you gain hints on the backstory with the characters. There's no campfire where they each tell their tale or timely flashback for each. You receive a story told in their present with a goal in mind. I appreciate that it's all done without too much dwelling on their pasts. This is great especially when given
the fact that their pasts don't mean a ton given the speculated situation by the end. What matters is that they have each other.

It was black, funny, heart-warming and all while taking a break from the standard episode (not that the standard episode of Paranoia Agent is bad, mind you). Man, I doubt there will not be another episode like this, but I suppose that's makes it special. I lack additional words to type beyond that it was exceptional and very entertaining!

duckroll

That looks pretty good. I find it funny that there's about one second of actual mecha footage in the whole trailer.

Speaking of which, that design? It's god damn ridiculous. Even the eyelid to the robot is covered in elaborate decoration:

gothicmade.png

The only line at the end of the trailer is the girl saying "Gothicmade... what a beautiful robot." just in case the visuals didn't elaborate on that enough. :)

He seems dangerously close to admitting that the films look awful. Especially with the whole 'aiming to produce' part. You can aim to produce anything, but the reality of what you end up with is the important thing.

I will agree with part of what he says though - it's impossible to replicate the unique visual look of the Berserk movies without CG.

Eiko Tanaka is a woman. One of the few female studio heads and producers in the anime industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom