• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, the spoiler for the whole drama is supposed to be
dead fathers,
so it has plenty of room to go full chuuni.
Yup. I assume that
daddy died when he was in Australia, so losing meant that his trip abroad was for nothing, etc. Hopefully it ends like Chuu2 with the two of them making out though!

Yup. I assume that
daddy died when he was in Australia, so losing meant that his trip abroad was for nothing, etc. Hopefully it ends like Chuu2 with the two of them making out though!

I'll also look forward to all that regressing when they make Free!!

Dresden

Yup. I assume that

No way.
It'll clearly end with Haru closing in for a kiss as Rin lies there on the hospital bed, nearly succumbed to the terminal illness that made him return home. As their lips are about to meet, Rin will whisper, 'win the medal for me.' And Haru will reply, "free.'

legit tears

Pooya

man, I hope they don't turn Free! into forced drama nonsense chuu2 :|
I like it the way it is, feels very energetic and fun. Even Tamako had somewhat forced drama, but that had a good pay off in episode 9 and overall wasn't the focus elsewhere like it was in chuu2. more like that could be good.

Articalys

Speaking of KyoAni, they've launched a teaser site for their Kyoukai no Kanata anime project:

http://megane.anime-kyokai.com/
M0oIMeQ.jpg
Looks like we'll get a few countdown images, with something to be revealed on Monday, I guess.

Sailor Moon Rough 75

MOTHERFUCKING SAILOR PLUTO SENDING SAILOR SENSHIS OFF TO SAVE PANTIES

And what a fucking tease,
didn't let them see her mother. God damn it all.

OOoooooh I get it, Rubeus was Ruby, and the others are Saphir and Esmeralde or whatever. Dammit Pokemon.

CorvoSol

So I've been playing Liberation Maiden

and I'd just like to say that there is a giant robot somewhere in that picture. The game's set up kinda reminds me a lot of Valvrave. Like there's a young girl named Shoko, and after her dad bites it she becomes the President of Japan. She fights the invaders in her giant robot which has some sacrifice powers and also she restores the environment.

Not the best mecha game ever, but I'll be darned if it isn't kinda addictive.

and I'd just like to say that there is a giant robot somewhere in that picture. The game's set up kinda reminds me a lot of Valvrave. Like there's a young girl named Shoko, and after her dad bites it she becomes the President of Japan. She fights the invaders in her giant robot which has some sacrifice powers and also she restores the environment.

Never played Liberassion Maiden, but I didn't jump on the sale for this one sadly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll also look forward to all that regressing when they make Free!!
Free-on!

No way.
It'll clearly end with Haru closing in for a kiss as Rin lies there on the hospital bed, nearly succumbed to the terminal illness that made him return home. As their lips are about to meet, Rin will whisper, 'win the medal for me.' And Haru will reply, "free.'

legit tears
Needs more sea-men.

What I mean is that the theming in naming is consistent throughout the show.

The max of knowledge without trying is that everyone had -ite in their name, plus I was more enamored in comparison to now (that and pantsu sighting which I'm feeling lazy on right now). Additional research shows they're based on minerals that doesn't come across my eyes often, if at all, so it was lost on me.

CorvoSol

I know Kirbyguy's already been ribbed for it, but I mean, c'mon, Rubeus hangs out with an Esmeralda. It was obvious to me as a kid.

I know Kirbyguy's already been ribbed for it, but I mean, c'mon, Rubeus hangs out with an Esmeralda. It was obvious to me as a kid.

It's like what, the third episode she appeared in? and she was name dropped in the second episode? I mean shit, I'm pretty tired right now, so excuse me for being slow.

fertygo

IIRC the anime scene of this animated by BONES.

I'm just messin' with you. It's no biggie. We all miss this kind of stuff from time to time anyway. Like that fucking stop watch in Utena.

I just don't really comment on naming conventions very often. It's not something I generally bring up even if I noticed. Even then when I notice something, I tend to forget about inserting it into the next post. Then again, that's how my writing tends to work on the spot.

Sailor Moon Rough 76

Esmeraude is mad son, and she hits on TUXEDO RAMASAMA, to which he promptly backs away. lol.

Oh god, a bunch of eat your heart away CAKEY episodes, even Esy liked the cakes to the point of humiliation.

Have to say, this is something I forgot to mention but since the
purification of the sisters
R has been pretty good. I think it's primarily because I haven't seen Mamoru be a complete douchebag on screen, so he's not dragging the season down as much. I guess on top of that, Usagi's general behavior seems to be improved, although it helps that she has experience and isn't a complete nub at her job. Although she has displayed more douchebaggery.

About 9 more episodes to deal with these last two clowns, and then a 3 episode finale (based on the answer to my question to someone else).

CorvoSol

Shoko has a great ass

Fun fact number 1: I can't find a single piece of official art that does not showcase this point.

Fun fact number 2: Even in game, it is a lot easier to see Shoko's ass than it is to see a full shot of Kamui the Liberator.

Fun fact number 3: Liberassion Maiden is my favorite new term.

Fun fact number 1: I can't find a single piece of official art that does not showcase this point.

Fun fact number 2: Even in game, it is a lot easier to see Shoko's ass than it is to see a full shot of Kamui the Liberator.

Fun fact number 3: Liberassion Maiden is my favorite new term.

Haha! More contribution!

And 13 more episodes of Rough! yaaaay. Can't wait for Sexy/Spinning

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 24
The powers of a PS damn.
Chirico returns to being pursued by everyone though he LOVES that it would seem so it's OK.
Preview nooooooooooooo

So I decided (since I grew up on the 4kids dub of it) to watch Yugioh! with subs this time. The voice acting bugs me for some odd reason (it'll probably get better in later seasons), but the OST is goddamn wonderful.

Yamato 19-22

Holy fucking shit. Every arc shit just gets real-er and real-er. I mean, you think it's "on" last arc when the
giant 1 vs 1 million fleet battle happened
, but then they do a
smaller fight that is somehow even MORE dramatic

I mean, episode 20 was so awesome that they basically said "fuck it" to the time limit and made a 30 minute episode. I don't even know how they'll air this on TV short of just paying for the commercial time themselves. Certainly that can't even consider cutting anything, because that would almost kill the episode.

Cut out the OP and ED, and reduce part of the battle scene (I guess they could take out the moments when the planes and such are mobilizing in front of the glorious clouds and the Gamillians are launching, if they had to cut it...), hopefully people dont actually consider watching it on tv though. I thought it was most intense when it was one plane (sawa) v many.

It was almost just as good as the previous ones
though I miss when they would use the wave motion energy laser like in the one on the planet and then their first massive space fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom