• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
Knights of the Zodiac around here is like you guys talk about Comboy Bebop there, you had to see the smile on this guy face who lived in the slums(but he had a nice house) showing me his Knights of the Zodiac DVD collection, it was his pride to have the original collection.
Pokémon was huge too(Games, cards, toys, tv ratings), I got paid by a friend to train the pokémons he would use on the official Pokémon League, with gyms and Elite four and all. Today it's still like this, and I'm going back to college and I'll be playing X and Y there.

Wow. Im not surprised. Kinda makes me happy though, with new series of Zodiac and Sailor Moon in the wings. It could be with the success of Univision and many Spanish language stuff - anime finds a second back door to the US Market. I seen stranger things happen.

Syrinx

Yami Hat, Dimensions, and InCoherent 10

So we're back with Gargantua and his obsession with Jill.. again and dimensional doors with cock grabbing fox girls happen but wait what
That princess is back in the same dimension!? I thought she fucking killed herself

How are they gon---- WHAT THE FUCK WE'RE IN SPACE!? WHHHHHY! Space space space!

Well they seem to be colonies, and they AIs,, and Lilith wants to get into Hazuki's pants still, so lets go see this little girl's... wait what

Whaaaaaat WHAAAAAAAT
She's fucking dead, THEY HAVE DEAD FUCKING PARENTS AND THE AI RECREATES THEIR VOICE, WHAT THE FUCK!?

I'm not comprehending this very well, not at all.

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy this is gonna be fun!

Novid

Banned
The reason why Pacific Rim is so loved is because Del Toro is a big lovable old otaku who remembers the good old days and his kids watch Toonami. Warner Brothers is fucking happy too, because they made 90 Million dollars on the overseas gross while Disney lost over a billion in 6 months.

If Universal was smart, they would ask some of the Cast of the Fast Series to be part of any sequel of PR. It would be like future versions of these folk. I mean Fast is wajah as it is now.

Is Hazuki going to have to cut someone?
ebQOvHZ.jpg

Quasar

Caught up on Dog & Scissors. I continue to be highly entertained by this show. As crazy as it is.

So his sister didn't actually know he was the dog reincarnated after all, and can't hear him speak. And yet crazy Suzuna does. Some interesting choices there. I wonder where the show is to go. Random craziness? a non physical romance between Kirihime and Kazuhito?

I know there's 7 light novels. Anyone know where it goes generally?

mhs004

Caught up on Dog & Scissors. I continue to be highly entertained by this show. As crazy as it is.

So his sister didn't actually know he was the dog reincarnated after all, and can't hear him speak. And yet crazy Suzuna does. Some interesting choices there. I wonder where the show is to go. Random craziness? a non physical romance between Kirihime and Kazuhito?

I know there's 7 light novels. Anyone know where it goes generally?

Also wondering it's not my favorite but I'm enjoying it. How can this be turned into 7 LN's?

Lurky

Kiniro mosaic: Episode 4

Aww poor Shino; nobody likes being old D:
The english in this show is still dreadful and is probably the funniest part of it. The yuri vibes that they give off totally reminds me of Yuru Yuri. And all of the potential NTR is so delicious. hehehe... So far it's been a pretty good anime.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS] 166

Last Ikuhara episode. ;___;
I sometimes wonder if I go overboard with the Utena comparisons, but c'mon, Nehelenia's backstory was :enokido as hell.
Not sure how I feel about her returning Freezer-style next episode, however...

Lolicons aside (
asexual my arse
), I thought this episode had everything the rest of the finale had been lacking up to the last moment. Putting
Chibiusa in mortal danger like that
certainly helped. It's easier to get bothered about the end of the world when
the characters you actually care for get in peril
. The thing I didn't get was Zirconia's role in everything, however.
Is she supposed to be the entity from behind the mirror? Why did she come back after being killed/absorbed by Nehelenia? What's up with all the multiple Zirconias?
Gratuitous :chet for Chet.

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS] FIN

I thought this was really good. Second only to S, even. It surprises me that this seems to be hated everywhere else, as I couldn't find a single run of episodes I didn't like, unlike in other seasons. The only complaint I would make against this one is that the shift in focus from Amazon Trio to Amazoness Quartet was just as abrupt as Hotaru's introduction in S --which, admittedly, is when the show started to become very Chibiusa-centric.

There is some obvious corporate meddling throughout SuperS, but I think Ikuhara and company did very well to work around the orders from above. Or maybe I'm just a pervert who enjoys seeing sexual imagery in my little girl cartoons. Five out of five incestuous :sdburtons

Novid

Banned
Warner Brothers has a much bigger hardon for Akira than they do for Wonder Woman. THATS SAYING something.

How many times they tried and do this movie? 1999? Nope. 2002, NuhUh, 2007, Brotha Please. 2010, Shade Thrower. Now 2014?

Sailor Moon Rough 77

Based Usagi.

She finally has the dream that caused Mamoru to become a douchebag, and promise rings turning out to be full of shit. Also NARU AND UMINO ARE BACK. Naru doesn't have many images though :(.

This episode turned up the dial on Mamoru's douchebaggery since it was lacking a lot in the past few episodes. However...

IT ALSO FINISHED THIS FUCKING SUBPLOT! FINALLY! Back to R being good!

Lurky

Magical Girl Illya: Episode 4

Looks like there was actually some good fighting in this episode. With a twist at the end! Unfortunately, there wasn't enough
scenes of Illya bathing.
Also, that hot blonde girl has been a real bitch so far. Up till now, I didn't think this show was all that good. I will continue to watch for the fanservice.

The thing about birthdays....

i always get emails from forums that i've visited in years lol.

wonder what to do after work tomorrow/tonight w/e time zone ya at.

23 isn't really anything special... i guess 2 more years until i can rent cars?

Post pics of stuff i'd enjoy to celebrate!

Nurse Venus Rough 78

Based Minako, with a side of adorable. One that isn't matched by the other Senshis. It's like the main difference between her and Usagi.

Everyone was sick, and it's up to Minako to save the day.... or kill everyone from her terrible cooking and mistakes. There was some nice Makino x Usagi going on, it helps that Makino's pantsu appeared on screen when she visited Usagi.

Despite her work, she doesn't do much in battle and gets a taste of her own medicine at the end. More Makino being adorable when?

The thing about birthdays....

i always get emails from forums that i've visited in years lol.

wonder what to do after work tomorrow/tonight w/e time zone ya at.

23 isn't really anything special... i guess 2 more years until i can rent cars?

Post pics of stuff i'd enjoy to celebrate!
7LsVGCN.jpg

wonzo

Banned
C3-bu 5

c3bu5.jpg

A dumb, boring, ugly, clunky, badly animated panderfest mess of an episode. An episode devoid of any worth whatsoever unless you've got a thing for Kansai-ben.

Dropped 'till the dream shit pops up again.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 167
Considering how long they had been milking the "we gonna get to high school!" storyline I was expecting them to not do so until the very last episode. Alas, here we are. Too old?

I was also half-expecting them to throw Chibiusa under a bus much in the same manner Haruka and Michiru were last season, but I guess it's srs time for realz now --so much that even Pluto came back from the dead. Oh, and Hotaru aging like six years in an instant.
I missed these two so much.

kiniro Mosaic - 01

I know that feelign ... i know it all too well , i was in english territory when i was young ( 9 years old ) and i befriended another kid of my age , despite the language barrier ( we didn't know each other languages )...

I know it can happen , i've experienced it myself.... but still the 3/4 of this episode really awoke some things in my heart.

Kiniro%20Mosaic%20-%2001.jpg

So kind , so cute i couldn't help but smile seeing the birth of such friendship.

So how does ones communicate ?
Certainly not with only HELLO & こんにちは
You need more than that , more gestures , but the overall intent was well done ... and i liked that FOR ONCE , the english voices weren't that broken.I do liked the fact that they keep english , even if it laster over 15 minutes.

In the end i enjoyed this episode greatly..
Will watch ..i hope the chemistry will be strong , no matter what they do with this cast.

How the hell did she manage to get enrolled in school without a place to live in first ?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
well somebody had better hurry up and finish the damned thing so that I have someone other than Hito to discuss it with.

...not that Hito is in any way not great to discuss it with. Just, the more the merrier.

Narag

To think I was looking up at wonzo when I first started the show.

I tore through it early on. Think I finished the last ten eps of S in a night then took it nice and easy with SuperS. Those two were just really satisfying and I'm guilty of not fully pursuing works if what I've enjoyed thus far scratched whatever itch I had at the time. Isn't that weird?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Considering how long they had been milking the "we gonna get to high school!" storyline I was expecting them to not do so until the very last episode. Alas, here we are. Too old?
They were supposed to enter high school at the start of Supers. Certain things that were meant to happen in Supers didn't, so Stars has to clean up the mess first.

well somebody had better hurry up and finish the damned thing so that I have someone other than Hito to discuss it with.

...not that Hito is in any way not great to discuss it with. Just, the more the merrier.
Jexhius has finished it, but he doesn't talk about stuff much these days.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon Rough 80

HEY! HEY! AMI IS A BIG PHONY!

Based Ami doesn't fall for illusions, she's the master of illusions son! Can't fool her nope nope nope!

Now lets see, we had Minako, Artemis, and now Ami with an episode for them. Got Mako and Rei left... and Luna... and Chibiusa... and maybe Mammalru left before shit hits the faaaaaaaaaaaaan and we move onto Lesbian Seagulls afterwards

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon Rough 80

HEY! HEY! AMI IS A BIG PHONY!

Based Ami doesn't fall for illusions, she's the master of illusions son! Can't fool her nope nope nope!

Now lets see, we had Minako, Artemis, and now Ami with an episode for them. Got Mako and Rei left... and Luna... and Chibiusa... and maybe Mammalru left before shit hits the faaaaaaaaaaaaan and we move onto Lesbian Seagulls afterwards
The funniest part was Usagi going EH WHATEVER.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 168
Just like Hito said, it feels like they are rushing through the material here to get to a point. Budget episode, but it didn't look as bad as some of the stuff I've had to see in previous seasons.
Sailor Moon's upgrade was a bit disappointing, though.

Also, is it just me or there's something weird about the way
Hotaru
is depicted here?
Ikuhara's influence lives on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom