• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

who needs to watch bad anime ironically when there's more dsp compilations to be had?

facetobloodshed.gif

Oh no no no

CorvoSol

Time of EVE 6

Well, they certainly didn't pull any of their emotional punches with that last episode. I really enjoyed this series. It's a shame it was so short, since the shadows of a plot beyond robotic slice of life was shaping up, and cutting it there seems like playing it safe in my eyes, but whatever. It was still a good series that managed to do what it wanted to in six episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've only played the first one, dunno how far I'm in the story right now. The main character just hooked up with the busty blond. I'm guessing there's a few branches if you want to pursue one of the other girls.

Game's decent, focusing mainly on character interaction. At times I wish there were less customers to serve so I can focus more on the plot stuff.
The second game has DLC that lets you basically skip all the drink stuff if you want. lol

The anime adaptation of Nobunagun, the crazy series with the Oda Nobunaga machine gun, is confirmed for a January 2014 anime.
Is the gun also a girl?

CorvoSol

Megas XLR 111

Coop and Jaime die and go to Hell. Er, well, actually Megas gets impounded and they have to go to the dmv, but it's the same idea. Meanwhile Kiva kicks some alien ass. Goat, noting this, becomes an amazing character by deciding it is more worthwhile to drop his work and film it with a beer in hand than you know, do his job.

And then British space rhinos.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 169
Suddenly, apocalypse. And it's only episode three!
Who knew the best way to beat Sailor Moon was with NTR? Wait, we already went through this in series one...
Gratuitous wet Haruka.
Awww they are living together like a family now. Though what Pluto's role in this circle is I have no idea.
Minako appears to become more and more like Usagi with every season.
Oh yeah, Regulus...

Now that Pluto and Saturn are back... maybe it's time to address that plot hole from a while back. Basically, in the manga Pluto dies at the end of R, but reincarnates in the current era like the rest who then awakens as a college student with S. That's why she was able to leave the gate, in addition to Saturn (who is leader of the outers) giving them all a new mission. Also, all of them already had their talismans to start out, as their function was different in the manga.
Can I blame Toei?
Why would they not show Pluto dying? They were totally okay with Sailor Senshi being offed in season one.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu/Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3 Episode 5: So we seem t obe back on more of an even keel this week, though where the hell the C3 Club got a god damned private boat and island is beyond me. Still, it is time for the requisite beach episode, well, more quasi-beach episode since this place is also a jungle. Indeed the opposition this time is a most spirited group of Texan sisters called Team Seto Family. Indeed the crux of this episode seems to be showcasing how far the C3 Club has come as a team especially Yura, who has now become a detiminator of unparalleled skill, to the point where suspicion is beginning to brew in the minds of teammates.
Indeed one can only wonder what the reality marble segments, in particular that one dream are doing to the outside world now that we know the truth.

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 29
Holy shit. Holy shit. What the hell is going on.
Lol @Chirico's alcohol tolerance. Some sweet rom...
REDO SHOLDA!
Wait... Wait...
Dayum. Chirico being Chirico basically... IN SPACE

/XX/

In a more general sense, I never understood the notion some people have expressed of animation having to be "justified" by possessing some sort of element that shouldn't be able to be replicated in live-action, or something. Generally it boils down to flashy scenes with fantastical creatures or flat-out abstract works, and I think that's a pretty limited mindset. I don't think artforms should be "justified" to separate themselves from each other, their intrinsic differences are more than enough in terms of different creative processes, results and a different experience for the viewer. Certainly some types of works might be easier to produce in one medium or other, but that shouldn't become a discouragement or a rule to follow blindly, and Takahata taking supposedly "live-action suited" material and making such animated masterpieces out of it has more than proved that.
I completely agree. We have to take into account the grade of liberty or direct product control some search for in animation. Also, for some, because they take advantage of a medium they growth in from the beginning and consequently know how it works better.

I think it is not always a question of considering the most apt medium for a determined work, but also what contacts the creators acquired and which processes they accustomed to and are more comfortable with.

If F1 had tournaments for high schoolers and Schumacher had such an obsession with F1 cars that he had elaborate hand-painted wall decorations featuring them then I dunno, maybe?
Formule Renault fits that bill, people like Mr. De La Rosa took that way up. From 'karting' to Formule Renault to GP2 to F1, having obtained the right sponsors, is a viable path.

iavi

I think this game is more known for the fact that it teaches you how to mix hundreds of drinks more than anything else. I do have them, but never finished them. lol

Not what I was hoping for, but cool sounding, still.

---

My little Monster 1

Going from 0-25 in the span of an episode. Impressive.

Though it did feel fast at times, I really enjoyed that.

/XX/

AnimeGAF, what do you call that feeling of being reluctant to part with a place and a people whom you have grown to love, while at the same time recognizing that you will carry in your heart the immeasurable riches they've brought to your life & character as you move forward into the future?

That is the feeling I am having right now.
Come on! Forced departures are obsolete on this digital world, I can't see a true reason to go now... :-\

Here's all the junk Aniplex will be selling at C84: Madoka, Anohana, Persona 3, Genei Taiyou, Love Lab, Kill la Kill, and the chibi Fate/Zero Cafe stuff.

http://www.aniplex.co.jp/comike/no84/index.html
Is Sushio re-purposing sketches with his own design for Kiyal on this? Or is that a new or maybe random lookalike character?
Anyway, get!

The writing in Pacific Rim is definitely shit tier, but that awful japanese actress and the generic white dude don't do it any favors either.
Dialogue could be defined as corny, but I'd also consider it a passionately and cleverly crafted script in general. I already replied you with the following link, but I still think it tackles an approach to the film I find more suitable (for a film knowing how to play with its best strengths):

Bang2Write | 5 Reasons Screenwriters Should Watch PACIFIC RIM
http://www.bang2write.com/2013/07/5-reasons-screenwriters-should-watch-pacific-rim.html

fertygo

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 29
Holy shit. Holy shit. What the hell is going on.
Lol @Chirico's alcohol tolerance. Some sweet rom...
REDO SHOLDA!
Wait... Wait...
Dayum. Chirico being Chirico basicallt... IN SPACE
Dat Red shoulder theme.. this episode scare the hell out of me, not just Chirico.

Theonik

Dat Red shoulder theme.. this episode scare the hell out of me, not just Chirico.
What I wonder is what sort of weird pervert abducts space ships and plays videos at them. It's weird. I suppose we'll know soon enough but eh.
And yeah the Red Shoulder theme startled me.

Novid

Banned
Oh yeah, I figure I'd post this since it came up on IRC yesterday.
cast.jpg

Vic Mignogna, of anime dubbing fame, has starting making a series of TOS fan films called Star Trek: Continues.

Here's his blurb.

I wonder if there's any crossover between anime dub fans and Star Trek fans. I suppose the better way to have done this would have been to make a fan-sequel to Star Trek: The Animated Series. lol

I will say, the episode that they released is a direct sequel to an original series episode and features the same guest actor that was in that episode. So there is some nerdery going on here anyway.

he...got his cash. Ill wait on CBS to do a new version though animated or live action.

iavi

My little Monster 2-4

---

An absolutely horrible title, for a pretty great show. I have to say that I had no clue what to expect going in, but the characters turned out much more fun, and much less typical than what I thought they'd be. Mitty is a boss. Haru's a boss. The support cast is genki enough. And things are moving along at a serious clip.

All that said; I both look forward to, and dread, when things'll get serious here.

wonzo

Banned
Love Live! 10-11

This show can be pretty funny when it doesn't bog itself down in the bad CG bits or the stupid bouts of poorly written melodrama. It's just so… bipolar in how it'll switch from the dumb fun to these really poorly executed serious moments where you can't help but roll your eyes so hard you can almost feel the optic nerve twisting itself in a knot.

also fuck nico's idol mode. that shit is the single worst thing to come from IDOL CULTURE since the creeper in that one satoshi kon film

Theonik

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 30
So the Chirico torture continues. Being Chirico is sufffering.
Great, who-ever put them on this wanted Balarand's attention. I wonder if he's doing it purely out of revenge or he has some other anterior motive.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sipping wine with her chère
Eating cheese in ze café
Telling ze English they are zo smelly
She is the one named Sailor Français

She will never give you a straight answer
Unless ze shrugging of ze shoulders is what you're after
Finished with a bit of pompous laughter

Haw haw haw
Haw haw haw
She is the one… Sailor Français

sigh.

me meet a friend at subway today.

him: "Doing anything tonight?"

me: "its my birthday, so probably will go out and drink or eat or something"

him: "it's your birthday? I didn't get a notification from facebook."

This is the world we live in (and i've been friends with him for like 20 years).

Novid

Banned
sigh.

This is the world we live in (and i've been friends with him for like 20 years).

:(

Lurky

Futari wa Milky Holmes: Episode 1-3

My first reaction is that these girls are pretty hot. But are they hotter than the first cast? My penis says no. Seriously though, I was ready for more of the original group plus two more additions. Sadly, it's been nothing but the new pair aside from one scene. I mean what's the catch this time? They aren't even lesbians! At the very least, I need more blonde loli... And the other ones too. Ignoring those complaints, this show has very been okay. I shall keep watching for those two hot loli and hoping for more interactions with the group for which this anime is named.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
sigh.

To be fair its not really your birthday unless Facebook says it is.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Who needs to celebrate their birthday with friends when you can have a random Animal Crossing villager come to visit and blow out the virtual candles on your virtual cake.

Who needs to celebrate their birthday with friends when you can have a random Animal Crossing villager come to visit and blow out the virtual candles on your virtual cake.

oh shit. haven't touched animal crossing in weeks. should check it out today at the very least.

Cashew Sins 19

"A Path" plays again at the end.

Another Tsun-dried Tomato (Lyuze) focused episode, this time focusing on her weaknesses and how reliant she she is on Cashew to save her dish to the point that she might be an unnecessary ingredient.

There was a bit more of a drug effect and now we have ruin on her hand and her neck, which doesn't make me happy. She's envious of Cashew and Hydralettuce for their invincibility, not knowing how Cashew feels about his well being as well.

A slow drift into doubt then confrontation unites the flavor of both the Tsun-dried and the Cashew with the will to live.

Oh man, it's almost over.

Necrovex

Utena 28/29

All that Jury goodness. I love how this show focuses on the side characters rather than have Utena on 24/7. And this show gets really messed up at some points.

I also want a red sport car and lie half naked on it.

I can never have blue hair again because of Ruka. :-(

Kurita

Sipping wine with her chère
Eating cheese in ze café
Telling ze English they are zo smelly

She will never give you a straight answer
Unless ze shrugging of ze shoulders is what you're after
Finished with a bit of pompous laughter

Haw haw haw
Haw haw haw
She is the one… Sailor Français
2offensive4me

7Th

Is Sushio re-purposing sketches with his own design for Kiyal on this? Or is that a new or maybe random lookalike character?
Anyway, get!

Before Sushio edited his Twitter profile to just "WORKING HARDER THAN HARD ON KILL LA KILL" it read "I love Maximum the Hormone, MomoClo and girls with pattun hair-style". I wouldn't be surprised if there is another character with such a design in KLK; I say another because Satsuki already has straight bangs.
My personal theory is that the "Mako" girl in the sketch is Satsuki's imouto.

Yami Hat, Feelings, and Revelaitons 11

Well continuing with our SPAAAACE Drama, we realize that two of those aliens are totally DTF. Yep, they even donated animal jizz so they can repopulate the new planet.

BACK TO GARGANTUA, the self absorbed man, we find out that whatsherface was a frog before blossoming into a naked woman and then everyone shows up towards the end. One big reunion of everyone, and their respective waifu ideas.

Last two episodes, how will this go down.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Episode 21
yamato_by_tristtrist-d6gb3hd.gif

For episode with limited space fight coverage (alright flight scene), it wasnt bad at all. I think it would have been a bit stronger if Yamamoto had been the choice partner instead of Yurisha, though I guess it worked out in the end
maybe on the next mission, since Yuki is still on another planet now...
. Ending revelation was a bit mindblowing or certainly not what I expected.
Still with over 211 days remaining in just five episodes, it feels like they have tons of time

Are these any good? I'm a sucker for that class, and could use something along that lines in my life right about now.

I just downloaded it. I was hoping it would be as classy as Bartender is but so far its not. But I guess I'm just pouring shots and serving beer right now so it might change as it goes on.

cajunator

Banned
Motto To LOVE-ru: 05

Mikan only got one scene but she's still adorable....

Anyway, to sum things up, farting skunks that turn people young and valentine chocolate.

...Oh right, this is To LOVE-ru. Have a pantyshot.

Mikan is ALWAYS adorable. This also applies to Momo.

Only pictures I could find.

Yeah. I can definitely make myself jelly of these. WHat a nice set!

Yami Hat, Dimensions, and InCoherent 10

So we're back with Gargantua and his obsession with Jill.. again and dimensional doors with cock grabbing fox girls happen but wait what
That princess is back in the same dimension!? I thought she fucking killed herself

How are they gon---- WHAT THE FUCK WE'RE IN SPACE!? WHHHHHY! Space space space!

Well they seem to be colonies, and they AIs,, and Lilith wants to get into Hazuki's pants still, so lets go see this little girl's... wait what

Whaaaaaat WHAAAAAAAT
She's fucking dead, THEY HAVE DEAD FUCKING PARENTS AND THE AI RECREATES THEIR VOICE, WHAT THE FUCK!?

I'm not comprehending this very well, not at all.

The confusion continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom