• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Anko is cute. Overall neither this episode nor the whole anime is my favourite. Enjoyable, funny and cute, but others are better. Before TM I watched Girls und Panzer, and the latter is quite a pleasure.

Whenever anyone talks about Tamako Market, people always go on about episode 9, but that's silly. Episode 9 isn't even the best episode in the show. That's Episode 3.

Anko is the greatest character, though.

Medaka Box

Not that loli mom! It was some SOL and/or comedy manga or something. I think there was a girl with nice meaty thighs too.

EDIT: I did some sleuthing and it's Masamune-kun no Revenge.

JEDXOx3.png

Adorable.

sonicmj1

I would say the most offensive... actually... second most offensive thing AO did was make
Truth out to be the bad guy the entire show. The entire cast was fighting desperately to defeat him only for him to turn into some pointless villain with no aspiration, motivation, etc but to be nothing and eventually he ended up being some stupid ally AI in the end. That was fucking stupid and made the previous episodes completely pointless.
POINTLESS

Which part was stupid, though? Was it
making him a villain when he didn't have any credible motivation or significance despite pushing tons of other pointless plot pieces around? Or was it trying to make him sympathetic (and ultimately redeeming him) as he murdered innocent people and caused tons of chaos?

Watching this season:
Uchouten Kazoku

I'm watching other stuff to but it seems incredibly unfair to mention them in the same post as Uchouten.

BluWacky

Doesn't seem to stop people from reading/watching Attack on Titan.

I love mysteries upon mysteries, but I think everyone loves for them to be actually resolved at some point. There's still the promise of that happening with Titan because we don't know when it's going to end - but with AO, that's it. You can tell when you have a show of a definite length like that if they're going to wrap things up in a satisfactory way, and it obviously became clear that AO wouldn't (and didn't) do that.

Not that I'm watching Titan - I liked the first three eps okay but not enough to make much of an effort to keep up with it - but I watch/read all sorts of things that take me further down the rabbit hole in the (perhaps vain) hope that eventually I'll come back out again.

cnet128

Banned
I'm not very familiar with Shinobu, which monogatari did she get screen time in?

She's had at least minor screen time in pretty much every Monogatari arc, I think. (Mayoi Snail may be an exception?) Her biggest roles so far are probably the final arc of Bakemonogatari, and the end of Nekomonogatari Black. Though of course Kizumonogatari is the big one if that movie ever actually gets released ~.~

cajunator

Banned
She's had at least minor screen time in pretty much every Monogatari arc, I think. (Mayoi Snail may be an exception?) Her biggest roles so far are probably the final arc of Bakemonogatari, and the end of Nekomonogatari Black. Though of course Kizumonogatari is the big one if that movie ever actually gets released ~.~

Pretty much yeah. but as far as the animes go she first showed up in the original Bakemonagatari and then everything afterwards.

Again, they are not panties, those are just the leotard.

Most of the shots you've seen are in their senshi-wear and those are actually leotards.

You know, considering I name dropped Ami instead of Mercury, I'm not talking about their actual senshi forms, I already know they're wearing leotards, I understand why its white in their Senshi forms. I only said Senshis because well... I don't have a name for them in their civilian attire. Besides, I have screenshots of both Usagi and Makino wearing white, which is why I'm wondering why do they only wear white panties.

I mean shit, other flavors of panties aren't exactly "2mature4u"

This from the guy looking up skirts.

It's on humans at least.

Worse part is he does this despite the work all being done already!

I'd rather see for myself frankly. No point in doing so if I just look it up.

Renamon is also very calm, serious and "grown up" compared to the other Digimon in Tamers, which I remember finding very likeable when I watched the show at the time.

I don't get my jollies off anime characters, though, so I can't even begin to tell you what potentially makes her wank bank material.

She's humanoid I guess???

Fake skirts.

I'm pretty sure they don't wear fake skirts at school, that would be stupid.

Coxy

finished valverave, f that last episode was like a stupidity event horizon
imoutorobo, "but he's defenceless" and illuminati cliffhanger end you just know the teasing of 200 years in the future means even stupider things to come

I dont know why I kept watching, I dropped guilty crown after 2 episodes

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Which part was stupid, though? Was it
making him a villain when he didn't have any credible motivation or significance despite pushing tons of other pointless plot pieces around? Or was it trying to make him sympathetic (and ultimately redeeming him) as he murdered innocent people and caused tons of chaos?

The fact that they
retconned him out of being a villain. lol.

cajunator

Banned
Watamote 03

This show is still adorable.
I want to hug Tomoko so tight lol. Poor girl.
Her brother is kind of a dick though.
I used to kind of freeze up talking to people but I realized that pretty much theres two ways it can go. One, the conversation goes well and everything is cool. Two the conversation falters and the other people having an amusing anecdote and nothing else really comes of it. If it goes wrong, it doesnt really matter, so might as well speak up and see how it goes. thats kinda how I approached it anyway.

Theonik

You know, considering I name dropped Ami instead of Mercury, I'm not talking about their actual senshi forms, I already know they're wearing leotards, I understand why its white in their Senshi forms. I only said Senshis because well... I don't have a name for them in their civilian attire. Besides, I have screenshots of both Usagi and Makino wearing white, which is why I'm wondering why do they only wear white panties.

I mean shit, other flavors of panties aren't exactly "2mature4u"
White represents Purity.

I'd rather see for myself frankly. No point in doing so if I just look it up.
I meant the documentation part. Obviously you'd still want to watch SM!

imoutorobo, "but he's defenceless" and illuminati cliffhanger end you just know the teasing of 200 years in the future means even stupider things to come
You are watching it because unlike GC VVV is fascinating.

sleepykyo

Because Guilty Crown was simply bad while Valvrave is so bad it is good.

cnet128

Banned
You are watching it because unlike GC VVV is fascinating.

That's perhaps the most interesting positioning for a response to a post that I've ever seen.

See, you already know the answer!

White represents Purity.

I meant the documentation part. Obviously you'd still want to watch SM!

I was asking for substantial reasons for why Renamon was as popular as she was without resorting to smut though. I did raise this same question on why Yayoi Kise was so popular in the Cure community, and then I found out that she practically panders with her hobbies on top of being very excitable and adorable.

Well I guess they are really pure because
they died before even kissing their boyfriends

That only really applies to Ami honestly, considering Rei kissed Shrine dude at least twice, and Usagi got a drunk kiss from Tuxedo Mask. They didn't bother because they didn't think they'd die, but then openly regretted not doing so upon dying.

cajunator

Banned
Not Sailor Moon!

She doesn't count!

I was asking for substantial reasons for why Renamon was as popular as she was without resorting to smut though. I did raise this same question on why Yayoi Kise was so popular in the Cure community, and then I found out that she practically panders with her hobbies on top of being very excitable and adorable.

That only really applies to Ami honestly, considering Rei kissed Shrine dude at least twice, and Usagi got a drunk kiss from Tuxedo Mask. They didn't bother because they didn't think they'd die, but then openly regretted not doing so upon dying.

I suppose thats true but I was referring to what Rei said in that episode.

Theonik

What does Renamon have to do with philosopher's mantles.

She doesn't count!
She represents the show more than anyone!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh, Yayoi is totally moe pandering. Other reasons might exist, but that's the key one.

really curious how girls courting guys work. going on a date as a dude is easy as shit. Just don't fret it and just listen to the girl blabbing on about stuff and look interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom