• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Lab 5

That string of potshots between Maki and Eno!

Dat Makio! That not really impressed congratulations on Riko's score. Stop digging yourself a deeper hole Riko!

Everyone's coming together for rankings! Still gud

Novid

Banned
I think sports shouldn't count, inasmuch as it's almost an entirely different category. If brand mattered, CNN would still be the top news network in the US, for example.

That said, I do find it funny that I basically think all three big US broadcast networks are shit. They're just shit for different reasons.

True, but CNN can be dealt a major blow because of leadership. Same with NBC. Brand is very important - but it shouldn't be the LONE thing keeping your company float. Ironically, the sport side in cable is paying for everybody else. If one or two sports get headway on the other stations it will force ESPN to lower rates - not overnight, but years down the road, and you see - the studios will have to let go of channels soon. So this LaCarte question is moot.

Cheers. =D

EDIT: Trying Crunchyroll and it seems great. I can't find a clear list on the site (Probably just me being blind), But what are the benefits of the premium? I'm guessing HD streaming and quicker access to new releases?

No ads, HD streaming, no week waiting for new episodes for simulcasts, and occasionally instant access to catalog shows added.

jbug617

Banned
Cheers. =D

EDIT: Trying Crunchyroll and it seems great. I can't find a clear list on the site (Probably just me being blind), But what are the benefits of the premium? I'm guessing HD streaming and quicker access to new releases?

yeah it's HD, no ads and quicker access to new releases.

Syrinx

Yami Hat, Loose Ends, and END 13

Because if a particular scene wasn't a punch in the fucking gut from last episode, lets make an ENTIRE EPISODE OUT OF IT! REHASHING SCENES FROM THE FIRST EPISODE! WITH A TWIST
the 12 AM scene HAD WET GRATUITOUS KISSING, SHOULD'VE SCHLICKED MAN! SHOULD'VE SCHLICKED

AND THEN ERASES HER EXISTENCE FROM HER WORLD! TO TOP IT ALL OFF, SHE LEFT HER PANCAKES WHICH MADE HER CRY! A BIG PUNCH IN THE GUT FOR HAZUKI! BUT HEY! AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOU'LL HAVE A GIRL NAME HASUMI

This series was haphazard as hell with no proper transitions from world to world. It just happens like that. Few episodes were infuriating as hell, like the infamous episode 5, which I forgot her name thank god. This whole thing was like one giant tease to a punch in the gut in the end.
YOU KNOW WHY SHE'S GOING TO BE YOUR CHILD!? BECAUSE SHE CRUSHED YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS, THATS WHAT THEY'RE GOOD FOR!
I can't have what I want, and
The hat was the narrator all this time. :l :l :l :l

I need a shower.
Anime of the forever and of the never again (note: I may buy the physical release and watch again). You are a better man for having experienced this show.

cajunator

Banned
[Love Lab] 05

Fake yuri my arse. You can't get between the purest of love.
Except for all those boys in the next episode preview. :mad:

Get rid of the haircut and she's basically Yayoi from Smile Precure!.

Suck it, AnimeGAF.

She resally is kinda like Yayoi. But I think Yuu in Watamote is the best lookalike.

Since I am almost done with Utena, I need help deciding which anime series to watch next. I have four:

Soul Eater, Hajime No Ippo, Twelve Kingdoms, and Kaiji.

Which one should I watch next, Gaf?!

Twelve Kingdoms :D

Yami Hat, Commitments and ..... 12

So basically, we have these three people who are DTF this one girl who took on different identities so it's up to her to fix it... but...

Dumbo wants to bone Maid chan
who was a princess
because she fixed his hand. Yep sure why not. So simple.

Okay wait, so for Gargantua, he's sent back to the past a bit to enjoy his life, and then fast forward to the part where he got someone locked up because of his selfishness. IM SORRY! (recreates world with her in it and is now DTF this girl) LOVE WITHOUT THE BUILDUP

As for Hazuki
all she got was a peck on the cheek, SHE WAS DENIED OF SCHLICKING WITH HER WAIFU, SHE JUST LEFT GOING HERE'S WHO I REALLY AM, A NAKED GIRL! ALL FOR HER TO GO IM NOT SAYING BYE, I MIGHT BE YOUR NEXT CHILD! YOU CAN'T FUCK YOUR KIDS! SHE WASN'T INTO DUDES. HOW IS THIS A HAPPY ENDING

Lilith
Got EVE back. Fuck you. Waifu stealer.

And then there was that dark skinned guy
who just happened to be here, and gets molested by the big tittied Fox woman for no reason.

We have some very simplistic forms of love.... to the point that I'm utterly baffled by this mess. I'm surprised this isn't the final episode since everyone has a conclusion, but there's still one episode left, and this one made me pretty damn upset to put it mildly.

Soon you will understand. And by soon I mean never.

Damn, the new Love Lab is out, this will have to wait as Birthday type events are to take place.

HAppy birthday!

This scene was special. This is the only scene in anything to actually make me yell "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!" at the screen. They may as well have just had a bus crash through your wall.

Your reactions to this series will forever live on.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! 7

y0blQFn.jpg

After all those episodes about not treating your fairies too badly, we get one who probably should be.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! 8

AjqdJMi.jpg

fgyJ28q.jpg

RIP

Syrinx

Now that I think about it, I'm going to watch Yami at least six dozen more times to dissect it and dissect it until I find its true meaning. I will start by viewing it as an allegory for the Iran Contra Affair.

Novid

Banned
You know as bad, and maybe as worse as some folks say anime females are treated...

thank god it isn't as bad as what Matt Ward did with the 40K franchise and the Sisters.

that whole gawker "joke" about young white men culture was based on his punk ass.

cajunator

Banned
Yami Hat, Loose Ends, and END 13

Because if a particular scene wasn't a punch in the fucking gut from last episode, lets make an ENTIRE EPISODE OUT OF IT! REHASHING SCENES FROM THE FIRST EPISODE! WITH A TWIST
the 12 AM scene HAD WET GRATUITOUS KISSING, SHOULD'VE SCHLICKED MAN! SHOULD'VE SCHLICKED

AND THEN ERASES HER EXISTENCE FROM HER WORLD! TO TOP IT ALL OFF, SHE LEFT HER PANCAKES WHICH MADE HER CRY! A BIG PUNCH IN THE GUT FOR HAZUKI! BUT HEY! AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOU'LL HAVE A GIRL NAME HASUMI

This series was haphazard as hell with no proper transitions from world to world. It just happens like that. Few episodes were infuriating as hell, like the infamous episode 5, which I forgot her name thank god. This whole thing was like one giant tease to a punch in the gut in the end.
YOU KNOW WHY SHE'S GOING TO BE YOUR CHILD!? BECAUSE SHE CRUSHED YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS, THATS WHAT THEY'RE GOOD FOR!
I can't have what I want, and
The hat was the narrator all this time. :l :l :l :l

I need a shower.

Your life is now improved. Congrats!

Now that I think about it, I'm going to watch Yami at least six dozen more times to dissect it and dissect it until I find its true meaning. I will start by viewing it as an allegory for the Iran Contra Affair.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
True, but CNN can be dealt a major blow because of leadership. Same with NBC. Brand is very important - but it shouldn't be the LONE thing keeping your company float. Ironically, the sport side in cable is paying for everybody else. If one or two sports get headway on the other stations it will force ESPN to lower rates - not overnight, but years down the road, and you see - the studios will have to let go of channels soon. So this LaCarte question is moot.
I almost see this like Xbox DRM or whatever, inasmuch as at some point, people will become attached to shows and just buy season passes from Amazon or Apple even if it is actually more expensive to do so.

Of course, piracy doesn't really help as well, because although HBO has a strong brand identity, their shows are also the most pirated - whether by people borrowing HBO Go accounts or by just downloading the shows.

It's happened with movie studios and music labels, which have almost become irrelevant to people who aren't massive nerds of those industries. Hell, I'm sure me and you are the only people who even know who Les Moonves is in this thread. lol

Novid

Banned
I almost see this like Xbox DRM or whatever, inasmuch as at some point, people will become attached to shows and just buy season passes from Amazon or Apple even if it is actually more expensive to do so.

Of course, piracy doesn't really help as well, because although HBO has a strong brand identity, their shows are also the most pirated - whether by people borrowing HBO Go accounts or by just downloading the shows.

It's happened with movie studios and music labels, which have almost become irrelevant to people who aren't massive nerds of those industries. Hell, I'm sure me and you are the only people who even know who Les Moonves is in this thread. lol

This is the major problem I see in the future - this economic situation is not a cyclical one, its a secular one. But once this takes place, people will have money - not as much as it was in the past - but for example we wouldn't have the Vita getting less traction in NA.

The reason why Piracy has become big is because of the underling problem in the economic structure. Its built for cheating. This is fine for a while - but look how there once was a Animation Industry in the states - that allowed a TV franchise to become a movie franchise. We don't have that anymore. Because the link is considered bad for Kids or what not. But then again the ad men are now - educating the young tikes because Public Schools need to be chartered etc.

So where do they go? Of course...to those folk. The Brand has to have some sort of respect too - because HBO may not be big in the UK, but SKY is, and if sky keeps razing rates and HBO's margins are falling due to lack of a wage...there you see the problem.

This is why if the Piracy problem to be solved, the fundamental structure of how we use money has to change so people can only spend what they can actually have as a surplus and not nessarlly what they can afford.

My biggest worry, that there will nothing to buy using that same surplus because all that knowhow is gone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is why if the Piracy problem to be solved, the fundamental structure of how we use money has to change so people can only spend what they can actually have as a surplus and not nessarlly what they can afford.

You're talking about a culture where people feel entitled to pirate Game of Thrones because it's not available on iTunes. lol

I found some weird art on pixiv earlier today that tried to argue otherwise.
Also what is your opinion of pancakes now?

First of all, screw you, why did you bring back her name? FUCK,

2nd, I was always one to put pancakes under waffles, but now pancakes have extra baggage. It's a representation of being unhappy the moment you eat them. It also represents broken hopes and dreams, much like a child.

Rozen Maiden (2013) 5

I've always found the story of Suigintou and her handler to be among the few compelling parts of the franchise. It does create more questions with how the dolls work, but at least it was presented nicely.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
For all the obnoxiousness with Toei's toy product placement, I wish they did more episodes involving Usagi's transformation wand stick thing.

Sailor Moon Rough 85

Stupid sexy Chibiusa

And now she's a Black Lady, I don't think that's how it works, Japan. Actually, I think this is the subtext
Wiseman corrupted her, and blossomed her into a woman, yeah that's totally not creepy subtext. She's not very pure though considering how many times we see her panties.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n - 10

The power of Seki-sensei. :bow
Tamaki Reika
Kaichou
is shafted.
What's up with this joke about bananas being candy when schools goes on field trips? I remember seeing it somewhere else.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n - 11

When you NTR Hazuki, she NTRs(?) you back.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n - 12

Another field trip to Kiyomizu firehawk12.
Finally Doremi is in her popular phase together
with three years of misfortune
Forgot to add this one dialed Doremi x
- Kotake -
all the way to eleven.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, i seem to be the only person that wasn't a fan of Angel Beats...
There are people here who hate Angel Beats. lol
AnimeGAF is anything but representative of the actual anime watching community though.

I will say, given that Little Busters will probably be 39 episodes, it isn't as schizophrenic as Angel Beats. It's still Key though.

iavi

I just downloaded it. I was hoping it would be as classy as Bartender is but so far its not. But I guess I'm just pouring shots and serving beer right now so it might change as it goes on.

Yep, Bartender is exactly what I had in mind when asking about it. Sucks to hear that.

HOW BOUT DAT NATSUME?

Her too. she plays a great foil to Mitty. I'm honestly surprised at how well the characters are structured out here.

Theonik

First of all, screw you, why did you bring back her name? FUCK,

2nd, I was always one to put pancakes under waffles, but now pancakes have extra baggage. It's a representation of being unhappy the moment you eat them. It also represents broken hopes and dreams, much like a child.
I can never forget her name.
I'm not sure how I feel about pancakes now either. Stupid show.

I'm a sucker for Key animes.

Little Busters has been the best one for comedy, have yet to see if the emotional impact of the second half will be as potent as Clannad.

yami4ct

Gintama: Love Choris 2-parter

I absolutely loved this one, guys. So amazing. Really great social satire, awkward life lessons and great use of dirty humor. Just some of the most pure fun I've had with Gintama. It might have just beat out the OWee episodes as my favorite 2-parter.

Sailor Moon Rough 86

Moar Reisagi

Wise Ass continues his strut
and Saphir discovers that he really is a Wise Ass, stole the panel, and tried to escape. He was injured by Wise Ass's beam though.

KOAN, PETZ SHOP AND FRIENDS ARE BACK AGAIN, with a Petz wanting to bone Saphir all this time, whose apparently the most reasonable of the 3 Gen 3 Pokemon games

Unfortunately, trying to pass his message on to Demando and everyone else resulted in a Black Lady attacking him, and Wise Ass killing him off in front of Demando.

yami4ct

You're talking about a culture where people feel entitled to pirate Game of Thrones because it's not available on iTunes. lol

A big problem with IP today is that people tend to forget that there is a global audience now. Licensing as it currently works is really outdated. It doesn't fit the world where someone in Brazil might want to watch a show made in Britain. Personally, I think it's quite ridiculous that I have to wait a week to catch a new episode of Top Gear in the US for instance. Now, that doesn't give me permission to steal it, certainly not. Availability needs to be fixed. In a connected world, I should be able to go out and find a way to pay for what I want to watch. I shouldn't be forced to pirate Kyoryger or Kamen Rider Gaimu. I should be able to pay for whatever content I want to see.

That still doesn't give anyone who pirates a moral high ground at all. I'm just saying is that so much piracy could be cut by giving people an easy way to pay for it. If you give people an easy way to get the content they want, they'll come to you and pay. The people that still pirate are likely lost causes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Love Lab Episode 5: Ah, yes this was a return to form after a really weak episode last time. Indeed the group dynamics are gelling on all cylinders this episode as a most uproarious public English lesson is delivered. Not to mention that the Les Yay quotient gets jacked up to 11 thanks to Maki's cross-dressing. Not all is well though as new scandal hunters are emerging and indeed
the mega villain generic jerks of Minami Middle School that threaten the One True Pairing still lie on the horizon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A big problem with IP today is that people tend to forget that there is a global audience now. Licensing as it currently works is really outdated. It doesn't fit the world where someone in Brazil might want to watch a show made in Britain. Personally, I think it's quite ridiculous that I have to wait a week to catch a new episode of Top Gear for instance. Now, that doesn't give me permission to steal it, certainly not. Availability needs to be fixed. In a connected world, I should be able to go out and find a way to pay for what I want to watch. I shouldn't be forced to pirate Kyoryger or Kamen Rider Gaimu. I should be able to pay for whatever content I want to see.

That still doesn't give anyone who pirates a moral high ground at all. I'm just saying is that so much piracy could be cut by giving people an easy way to pay for it. If you give people an easy way to get the content they want, they'll come to you and pay. The people that still pirate are likely lost causes.
Oh, I agree. Anime is ground zero for this stuff, since it really is the only genre of television that has a model of both simulcasting and near instant translation of episodes.

Some people aren't interested, of course, which is why Jdramas will always exist in the black depths of the internet, and some people need to basically sell the rights piecemeal to make back their money. I don't know if that will change without a complete shift away from cable subscriptions and toward the idea of all all content coming through the internet.

Cable companies make way too much money to want to abandon that model... and terrestrial television networks depend on their business models as well.

Novid

Banned
I realize firehawk that its very hard to change these trends.

But some of it is because when the leaders of the culture let the "educators" run rough shod. It has become apparent until and unless the culture gets a shock (new economic crisis or so on) not much will change...

I see it this way and I don't mean to be religious (or to use a 40K intermezzo) here, but we live in Slaneesh's world or hell, universe and well we cant beat her. No much how much we try, no matter how much we pray to whatever we believe in. In a Gnostic sense...the "physical" world must be...destroyed.

Ironically the perfect example is the world with out God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom