• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattori

Banned
Yami Shibai
The Family Rule

Maybe I just didn't get it, but it just didn't do it for me personally.

ZlHMg9Y.png

• ターボ
Wow, wasn't expecting much but this one really came through.

Sure, it feels a lot like Pixar movies -- in fact the first half feels like pretty much a combination of EVERY Pixar movie (Sid from Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Ratatouille) but was definitely nothing like Cars.

It was a lot of fun. Would recommend it, although I haven't seen Monster's University or Despicable Me 2 so I can't gauge this movie against those.

Americanimation redeemed?
nah

ターボ receives a score of
1.2 Sword Art Onlines
or
3 Hoshi No Kaabi anime

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, here's a proper article on the Haganai movie.

Along with a picture of Koji Seto and Kie Kitano in the lead roles:

5DzCeAO.jpg

Apparently Seto said/joked that he feels the role of Kodaka is a great fit for him since he also doesn't really have any friends.

Oh god, his hair is horrendous. lol

---

On a completely unrelated note:
YE9EMkAl.jpg

UMAI~~~~

CorvoSol

I mentioned I have a couple of surprises on my newly created Anime Schedule. Although this one shouldn't really come at much surprise, here is my first new series to watch:

Revolutionary Girl Utena: 01

What the hell kind of school is this? Student Councils with weird, somewhat magical powers, a girl who's trying to become like the prince she met long ago, and weird ritualistic... things. This one will be a ride, no doubt.

Hey Regulus, do I get to claim I'm trendy for kicking off the unofficial animeGAF watch of Utena? Errybody's watchin' it now.

Oh, ok. That's the Lodoss OVA and not the TV series.

The TV series is 27 episodes long...and, despite some initial teasing with Parn and company, mostly focuses on another cast of characters after a while.

Ah, I vaguely remember that, but I'll be sure'n' mark this as the OVA from here on out.

Articalys

Looks like for the next Monogatari Series ending theme, covering Otorimonogatari (Nadeko Medusa) and Onimonogatari (Shinobu Time), they're bringing back Marina Kawano, who previously did the Neko Black ED.

cajunator

Banned
Hey Regulus, do I get to claim I'm trendy for kicking off the unofficial animeGAF watch of Utena? Errybody's watchin' it now.

Ah, I vaguely remember that, but I'll be sure'n' mark this as the OVA from here on out.

Unfortunately not.
Utena has been a mainstay here for a long time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe the only good part of the episode.
G/Kou is my favourite fangirl. She's not some "otaku" nerd fantasy version of a fangirl that you get with all the glasses wearing BL loving fujyoshi that you see in every other anime. Just genuine squees over real pecs and abs and ceps. lol

madp

The Light of El Cantare
He snares people with Sailor Moon before pushing them into Doremi. Before the person knows it, bam, he or she is a magical schoolgirl.

At least he pushes good things onto people.

I still have to figure out how to do that ._.

Looks like for the next Monogatari Series ending theme, covering Otorimonogatari (Nadeko Medusa) and Onimonogatari (Shinobu Time), they're bringing back Marina Kawano, who previously did the Neko Black ED.

So we're facing back-to-back boring girl arcs? Unfortunate.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Gifu Dodo!! is your chance to atone.

Some shows are just doomed to obscurity in spite of our best efforts, and this is one of them.

Maybe it's my destiny to forever the the Goofus to Hitokage's Gallant. I guess I'll just start watching and pimping Pretty Rhythm.

Some shows are just doomed to obscurity in spite of our best efforts, and this is one of them.

Maybe it's my destiny to forever the the Goofus to Hitokage's Gallant. I guess I'll just start watching and pimping Pretty Rhythm.

That's the last thing I want pimping.

*doomed to forever watch girly shows*

cajunator

Banned
At least he pushes good things onto people.

I still have to figure out how to do that ._.

So we're facing back-to-back boring girl arcs? Unfortunate.

Well at least you didnt push wholesome shows like Ultimate Girls, Yami to boshi, and Juden Chan. not that I would ever do such a thing. ask Envelope.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 45

Shit's starting to go down.
I'm a little disappointed with the revelation that Yukito was Yue. I don't know why, it just doesn't seem...right. Between the kind of person Yukito is and the role he's played so far...just doesn't add up for me.

I didn't really get what was going on, maybe you can elaborate?

From what I gathered, it seemed that the other people that lived out in the country
were possessed by the spirit and they were basically assimilating the boy's family into the group. Then when the boy wakes up during the ritual, he's frightened at everyone's eerie laughter and static faces. The spirit craves fear and sadness so I suppose you can put two and two together to figure out what happens next.

The idea is creepy enough, but the makeup and laughter really sell it for me.

You mean like this?

3d6BwZ8.gif

NO, FUCK, I DID IT AGAIN

Unfortunately bad animation is the worst possible way to deter someone off of something because it doesn't even do anything, especially when you watch a bunch of anime which has the jank of a video game.

EDIT: Still no wimp like you pussies for Max Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom