• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
3dpd and yet...Im intrigued I must say. I do enjoy your contractual Kurumi posting.
Thanks, but don't forget your obligations as well:

The Contract said:
3.6(b) Upon material (including, but not limited to, promotional photos or a product description) concerning a PVC figure of Tokisaki Kurumi entering the public domain, member cajunator shall inform member A Huge Battleship of the existence of said material within a period of 24 hours.

Theonik

Love Lab 12
ibnyzhIYTwAXOR.png
Good episode with some nice running sakuga and gags.
The ending is sort of a precursor to the conclusion of the series I think which should have been pretty predictable by now. Not that this is a bad thing. This episode handled
foreshadowing Maki finding out about Riko's unfabulous love life
pretty well.

Highschool DxD - 11

Man, I'm gonna need a flowchart.

You won't find one on the internet that won't spoil the next 11 books and believe me , we haven't really started getting characters in the Dxd universe.

Writter has thought about some impressive backstory for all factions We're not at the complicated part (yet)

-Minsc-

Gintama Episode 25 – A Shared Soup Pot Is a Microcosm of Life
tumblr_mtgfq8b9ix1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Where is Tommy Heavenly6, the new OP is awful. The new ED is alright but still not as good as the first one. When does Gintama get good OP and ED music again.

Hilarious episode had me laughing so much, nabe stuff is so serious
then the final moments with that odd animation shift or something and the greens and reds. Why couldnt they have brought out that type of stuff from the start. Gintama got quite good all of a sudden. IF everything can stay as good from here on out then maybe it will finally get to Sket Dances level and higher

Congrats, your dedication has paid off. :)

- Good music is relative.
- Gintama is overall better from here on. Like any long running anime it has its dips throughout.
- When it wants to be or when the right situations call for it, Gintama can be animated quite nicely.

I'm curious to know if you took notice of Gintoki stealing Itachi's lines. ;)

duckroll

The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain

I was working through the night prepping stuff for a big heist by homie Michael was planning, needed a break in the morning, so I hit a local cinema and watched this film.The animation wasn't great, but it was pretty interesting. Dark theme, disturbing humor. The action scene towards the end was pretty cool, but mostly I liked the composition of the shadows to show how depressing the entire city was. The ending was kinda a cop out though. Not sure how he survived that. It wasn't really packed, so I hope it's doing well at the box office.

After the movie I hit the Ammunation gun range and practice some shooting because my other homie Trevor was making fun of me the other day. I feel like an expert now. I resumed my errands for the heist preparation after that, but I ran into these guys involved in a store hold-up. Poor bastards didn't even have a getaway vehicle, so I gave them a ride. Turns out one of them is an Irish dude from Liberty City. Maybe I'll introduce him to Michael for our next big job. All in all, it's been a pretty efficient day so far.

- Franklin

Congrats, your dedication has paid off. :)

- Good music is relative.
- Gintama is overall better from here on. Like any long running anime it has its dips throughout.
- When it wants to be or when the right situations call for it, Gintama can be animated quite nicely.

I'm curious to know if you took notice of Gintoki stealing Itachi's lines. ;)

I guess after the musicians selected for the first OP and ED, I was expecting them to keep up with good choices. 3rd ED is alright, 2nd one started to grow on me a bit with Mr. Raindrop...

I think the start was just held back by trying to introduce all the key players ( I assume theres not many others to be introduced) so looking forward to more and a few returning like Zura. (minor presence in this ep).

Here it is, the Bushiroad anime PV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-FVcE7BJOs

Tomorrow we might finally have actual details on when it is set to air, since there's a stage event at TGS where they're announcing the main cast. This not a TV series, it's a TV special, like a movie I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/InXWLxj.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

HxH OP singers? Such good characters in that PV. Especially the cloaked lead?
[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/bfc6e81c5a24bf0e3c5282b3670d22ba/tumblr_mthbh9ZKyU1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mthbh9ZKyU1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Metrotab

Banned
Free! - 11

Are swimmers really that consistent in their performance that one single duel can decide who's the better one between two? The guys in this show put soooo much weight on who beat who during singular incidental occasions, and it confuses me greatly.

cnet128

Banned

Ooh, a fighting game based on Dengeki Bunko properties? I must say I like the sound of this.

Mikasa from Index/Railgun is obviously a shoe-in, and I guess Emilia from Maou-sama probably is too (as well as Maou himself if they're not sticking strictly to female characters...), but I wonder if they'll let me play as Kirino somehow? XD If they want to use characters who would actually make sense in a fighting-game context, Meruru would make a good OreImo rep. I could totally get behind that.

Oh, I just realised this will almost certainly mean we get to play as Black fucking Lotus. I'm not even much of a Kuroyukihime fan, but that sounds like all kinds of awesome. DEATH BY EMBRACING FINISHER? AWWWWW YEAHHHHH.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ooh, a fighting game based on Dengeki Bunko properties? I must say I like the sound of this.

Mikasa from Index/Railgun is obviously a shoe-in, and I guess Emilia from Maou-sama probably is too (as well as Maou himself if they're not sticking strictly to female characters...), but I wonder if they'll let me play as Kirino somehow? XD If they want to use characters who would actually make sense in a fighting-game context, Meruru would make a good OreImo rep. I could totally get behind that.

Oh, I just realised this will almost certainly mean we get to play as Black fucking Lotus. I'm not even much of a Kuroyukihime fan, but that sounds like all kinds of awesome. DEATH BY EMBRACING FINISHER? AWWWWW YEAHHHHH.

Taiga has a bokken and has been demonstrated to be able to kick a reasonable amount of ass.

GIVE ME TAIGA AND I WILL IMPORT DAY ONE. DO YOU HEAR ME SEGA?

Danganronpa: The Animation Episode 12 How the Super High School Level Unlucky Student Bewitched the Super High School Level Murder

Mindblown from the reveal. I never even saw that coming or even thought it was Junko of all characters. I thought for sure it would be Kirigiri san who had been so mysterious and was likely close to wanting to even murder Naegs. In any event, good thing Naegs is always on point with those verbal bullets. Such intense moments and how they kept firing right in the face.

Impressive episode.

Midonin

Kin-iro Mosaic
All K-ON! Movie, All The Time

I've been a fan of stories published in Manga Time Kirara ever since Hidamari Sketch (though K-ON! forever holds a special place in my heart), so hot on the heels of last season's Yuyushiki, I was going to like Kin-iro Mosaic no matter what happened. It delivered everything I expect from a Kirara work. Lots of cute, character driven comedy, and some interesting directorial choices.

The first episode being based almost entirely on a single four-panel strip was the kind of thing I've come to expect from 4-koma adaptations, but it worked really well. Film has that advantage that comics, and 4-panel ones especially, don't. It also lent a different feel. Rather than the meeting being condensed into hello and goodbye, we saw the entire stay, including Alice's awkwardness at first meeting Shino. One of the stronger first episodes of the whole season.

I felt it never let up after that, either. Since a lot of these shows depend on the characters, the five here have good chemistry. Shino and Alice are the yuri couple of the season, with a bond that outstrips all others. Though Yoko and Ayaya have this Ritsu/Mio thing going on that's also pretty entertaining to watch. And Karen. I can see why she was voted the most moe heroine of the summer 2013 season. Nao Toyama brought so much energy to the role. A lot of what she brought to Chiho, just channeled in a different direction. Reading any of those lines in broken Japanese could instantly make me laugh.

The English. So much the English. Both Tanaka and Toyama had a pretty decent grasp of it, and it was all mostly grammatically correct, too. When Alice went full on English mode late into the series, it reminded me of what I loved so much about it. The language barrier was on full display here, and the series was better for that. Gave it its own identity.

Shino was a bit spacey, but she's got a good heart that means she never becomes too bad. It takes a lot for a character to truly annoy me anyway. Alice is just concentrated adorable. Manami Tanaka didn't really have any major roles before this, but I hope Alice leads to many more. I'm glad to see Risa Taneda's comedic chops being expanded, too. (I wonder, if she saw that Yuyushiki magazine, what would her reaction be to Yukari?)

Isami was a nice foil to Shino in her few appearances - Yukarin is always pretty great, and Ms. Karasuma was just what I'd expect from a teacher in one of these shows. A lot like Mom from Yuyushiki, but without as many boob jokes.

Then that last episode. I wondered what was up with the ending song playing way too early, and then the Disney dial was cranked to 130% and the thing turned into a freaking musical. I haven't had a moment like that since Kanamemo. I may be somewhat biased, but more shows should end with musicals. Not necessarily Disney musicals, but if you're going to imitate, imitate from the best.

The opening was pretty catchy, and the ending was one of my favorites of the season. Which is odd, because I don't usually give cover songs the same chance. I like music that's made specifically for a series, but in this case, the visuals and the melody of the music itself (they did choose the ED instead of the OP for the promos) really sold me on it.

I'll miss you, Kinmosa. I'll miss this season. So many magical girl shows and heartwarming shows and all of my favorite genres on the air at once. I shouldn't say goodbye to something that's barely over. But this is the end of something I got invested in. Until the next Kirara.

Final Thoughts: Ending with a musical aside, a charming character-driven piece about cultural differences and international friendships. Not quite as weird as Yuyushiki or Shafty as Hidamari, but of the many series I've seen from Kirara, it's probably the cutest.

Midonin

I only know of Sonico from her cameo appearance in Axanael. (Which is an awesome game, for the record.) But I'll watch this. More cute mascot girls are always nice.

cajunator

Banned
And a 2nd season of Puchimas!

I am highly ok with this!

Here it is, the Bushiroad anime PV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-FVcE7BJOs

Tomorrow we might finally have actual details on when it is set to air, since there's a stage event at TGS where they're announcing the main cast. This not a TV series, it's a TV special, like a movie I guess.

InXWLxj.jpg

Hmm. Not much to see here but I do love the kind of old school sounding song.

Wait, shes in it? Ok maybe I will play this game after all. Cause I AM a Kuroyukihime fan!

Kiniro Mosaic 12
There's a limit to how early the credits roll! Also Shino is the greatest story teller ever. Also someone should make a gif of Alice's face right before the opening

I hope its truly not femExclusive, however if it was Id hope they put Mahouka's Miyuki in it and Erika, and KYH.

If it had guys, then Sadao Maou, Kida Masaomi, Tatsuya (material burst please), Leo, and Mikihiko, Kirito, and Dust Taker and Cyan Pile.

BluWacky

The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain

I've just watched this - it's a weird little film. I'm not a GTA player but I think I understand how it fits in to the scabrous/scatological humour of the games.

The thing is, given that DMA are British developers, the turns of phrase seem a bit off - like they're almost British, but not quite. Although obviously we are obsessed with class and sarcasm...

The plot makes absolutely no sense, but it's a pretty enough film.

cnet128

Banned
Wait, shes in it? Ok maybe I will play this game after all. Cause I AM a Kuroyukihime fan!

Well, I mean, no playable characters seem to be confirmed yet except Shana and Asuna (Wilhelmina and Leafa also appear in the screens, but they might just be part of a support-character system of some kind...)

But Kuroyukihime seems like a really obvious choice, considering she's the main heroine of one of Dengeki's big media-mix properties (and a series that is itself literally based around a fighting game, to boot!) It would seems like a massive oversight to leave her out, particularly since the inclusion of Asuna in the reveal seems to indicate that they're prioritising heroines over male protagonists.

Hopefully we'll find out more details at the Dengeki Bunko event on October 6th =D

Day Break Illusion Episode 12

Pretty awesome episode overall
Cerebrum just having a good time and getting his way. Was hoping for the ending I imagined but I guess with that MINDBLOWING final minute, it may not come true. Who even saw that cominc?!

------
Got more anime (Bleach dvd 18) and valvrave/karneval calendar goods. Love the K pillow especially Fushimi side holding a Yata pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom