• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

santeesioux

I have no desire to continue watching Attack on Titan after watching the first two episodes several days back, i realize most people here hate it, but is it worth it to try and plunge through it anyway? Any redeeming qualities?

ЯAW

Banned
Hunter X Hunter was pretty great and I have been going through it rather fast pace but now the weird Dr. Moreau-y story arc has started and I have lost my interest. I'll probably skim this arc, hopefully next one is better.

Tenumi

Banned
I still need to watch Toradora. I mean, I've got it sitting right in front of me ready to start anytime, I just need to find the right time.

I have no desire to continue watching Attack on Titan after watching the first two episodes several days back, i realize most people here hate it, but is it worth it to try and plunge through it anyway? Any redeeming qualities?

When the action happens it's pretty awesome, personally I like the manga better even if the art is kind of fugly.

SNAFU OVA
Yeah, other than that wedding dress cap that got posted a while ago, there wasn't much here.

At least teacher gets a bit of a starring role this time. lol
xNRWfoZl.jpg

So I need to go and watch this right now.

I am pretty sure I remember seeing that Saika has more event images in the Oregairu game than any other character.

edit: yep. Also, Yui has one more than Yukino, and Sensei has one more than Yui.

Hikki and Sensei look so nice together :)

And oh wow, at the Saika picture on the top-middle row.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

awww yessss

Toradora was the very first series I plowed through when I first subscribed to crunchyroll. And it's still one of my favorites.

It's so good. I'm so glad I watched it.

Toradora! fans everywhere!

It's like a spreading virus...but good!

More people need to know this. I realize i'm preaching to the choir here though.

Yeah, there a few shows that I highly suggest to people all the time (Clannad/Clannad:AS, Golden Boy, 5cm/sec, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time) and Toradora is one of them.

Toradora is a great show.

It really is.

I still need to watch Toradora. I mean, I've got it sitting right in front of me ready to start anytime, I just need to find the right time.

Anytime is a good time!

jman2050

Everyone knows trusting 7th always ends in tears. The show will have good animation. Whether it will be a good anime still remains to be seen.

He's the only reason I started watching Love Lab from episode 1.

Yes it makes me feel ill to say that. Speaking of!

Love Lab 13

So we learned that Maki is Nyaruko, Riko is a masochist, and Nagi is a total bro. Also the entire student council relationship is predicated not on knowledge of love, but on excessive comedic violence. Also I'm not sure how anyone could have watched an entire season of this and still cling to the idea that it can be a yuri series. Well, based on scans of later volumes the best way to sum that up is "hahahahahaha no"

Best new show, though Watamote isn't far behind. Given Monogatari still has another cour to go I'm holding off judgment on where that ranks for the time being. And again, speaking of!

Monogatari S2 13 (Otori 2)

KanaHana you do really strange things to me just by talking. Aside from that, Araragi seems to have fully embraced and come to terms with his incestual lolicon nature and doesn't even bother to hide it anymore. Also the snake is a dick.

This series has also been a never-ending display of Shinobu being awesome and it seems that train ain't stopping any time soon.

Jarmel

Banned
Jarmel, I'd appreciate it if you would leave the image as a link, since the point of the spoilers and such was to make sure people who didn't want to know about it yet could ignore it.

It's going to be part of the 2nd season. It's not really a spoiler.

Edit:Fine, whatever I'll edit it.

zeroshiki

It probably depends on what you're looking for in a show. Do you like the shounen shows? Do you mind crappy animation? How do you feel about powerpoint slideshows?

Most of the time, you'll find someone here who likes a show no matter how much everyone else hates it.

santeesioux

It probably depends on what you're looking for in a show. Do you like the shounen shows? Do you mind crappy animation? How do you feel about powerpoint slideshows?

Most of the time, you'll find someone here who likes a show no matter how much everyone else hates it.

Depends on the shounen show, but my tolerance for them has gone down the older i've gotten. I don't mind crappy animation, and i'm neutral to powerpoint slideshows.

Depends on the shounen show, but my tolerance for them has gone down the older i've gotten. I don't mind crappy animation, and i'm neutral to powerpoint slideshows.

Well then the biggest issues that most of anime gaf seem to have with the show shouldn't bother you. There's a ton of people who like it for its story and atmosphere they mostly post in the Titan OT and not in this thread.

Yeah, that's what i was thinking. I might try it again in the future, but there's other shows to watch.

I'll admit I wasn't a fan of Titan when I first started to read it. It's grown on me as the mysteries and suspense have grown which the first two episodes don't really show very well.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad is one of those shows i've been meaning to get to.

It's good. I'm not a fan of a lot of lot of the character's designs (this is a KEY show) but i grew to look past them. The first half is pretty good but kinda generic. It rockets to greatness in After Story though.

Articalys

Okay, fine, whatever. I give up, you're all correct again and I'm wrong. Go ahead and edit the post with the image back to the way it was. Went back and adjusted things to match the spoiler policies UMX was using.

zeroshiki

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face.
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (any time of year) you can find it here

Jarmel

Banned
Okay, fine, whatever. I give up, you're all correct again and I'm wrong. Go ahead and edit the post with the image back to the way it was. Went back and adjusted things to match the spoiler policies UMX was using.

You don't have to take it so personally. It's not that big of a deal.

Necrovex

Gurren Lagann: Lagann-Hen.

Oh. My. God. That final fight. I can't. I just can't handle how unbelievably epic it was. I thought the television version had a big finale, but this film retroactively destroyed that former belief. This is why anime exists. This is anime in its truest and purest form. Everyone should watch these set of films.

What are the thoughts on the Madoka Magica films? Loved the show, and after watching the Gurren Lagann films, I certainly wouldn't mind rewatching another of my beloved show as a film adaption.

Probably not, but some might say to give it to episode 5.

Kurita

First song I'd sing if I go to a Japanese karaoke would be 小さな恋のうた by Mongol800...
Or Jojo's first opening.

Midonin

What are the thoughts on the Madoka Magica films? Loved the show, and after watching the Gurren Lagann films, I certainly wouldn't mind rewatching another of my beloved show as a film adaption.
The changes aren't as drastic as the ends of the Gurren Lagann films, but they streamline the TV series even further, and some of the new action sequences and animation in parts looks beautiful. Not to mention all those transformations.

Necrovex

The changes aren't as drastic as the ends of the Gurren Lagann films, but they streamline the TV series even further, and some of the new action sequences and animation in parts looks beautiful. Not to mention all those transformations.

I remember simply being dumbfounded by the art in Madoka Magica. So I'm excited to see how that is handled in the films.

Oh wait, as I read through this post, I remembered the final film isn't out in Japan yet. I'm quite curious to see how it turns out next month.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Sup my Toradora bros

ah yeah, rocking the right thing again.

That's my shit for karaoke. Follow up with House of the Rising Sun, boom.

I go straight for metallica

...what? Don't be hatin'.

Sam was alone, he just imagined Frodo went to Mt. Doom with him.

Twist: Bilbo is actually in a coma and is just dreaming it all.

Hey, you're back to the Taiga avatar! All is right with the world.

Toradora 4 (rewatch)

Urusai count = Episode: 4 Total: 12

And this:

I'm really interested in seeing the final count.

Articalys

Only things from Aniplex USA today seem to be their Blu-ray release of the Blue Exorcist movie (December 17, $90 MSRP BD LE and $40 DVD) and the Magi dub cast.

Mor is Cristina Vee, Alibaba is Erik Kimerer (dub voice for Haruyuki in Accel World), and Aladdin seems to be voiced by a newbie voice actress.

edit: during the Q&A someone asked if they have Galilei Donna and got a "no comment" in response, so I guess they'll announce it later online. They've still got a couple weeks until noitaminA resumes, after all.

Day Break Illusion 13 Fin

Wasn't expecting a
happy ending
but did enjoy it. Overall a fairly average series with a very entertaining villain and some okay fights. 2.5/5 While nothing special it was a fun ride.

duckroll

Hey Arti, are you doing a template for the Simulcast stuff next season as well? Would love to throw that in the top of the OT and update it as we get more announcements. Thanks. :)

Articalys

no other link for the magi dub video?
Because Aniplex still has it set to private. It should start working eventually.

edit: working now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTit5k75uvE
Hey Arti, are you doing a template for the Simulcast stuff next season as well? Would love to throw that in the top of the OT and update it as we get more announcements. Thanks. :)
Yeah, I'll send it along after CR's three new announcements later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom