• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargantia - 14 OVA
vgew.png

Amy was way too cute in this episode.

Great ep. Just really love the atmosphere in this series. Shame that there is only one episode left. =(

sonicmj1

Gifuu Doudou 2

Aww yeah, now we're talking.

The last episode felt bogged down with a lot of mind-numbing exposition, but events moved a bit more briskly here. At least, they felt more interesting. All the stuff about the unawariuchi felt pretty meaningless before, but in this episode I cared a little about the mystery of what was happening, and I got to enjoy some great comeuppance at the hands of the chiseled manly protagonists of this series. And that's really why I'm here.

idIiYXsv1Gehi.jpg

Where does the censoring steam end and the normal bathhouse steam begin? Who can say!

I'm also kind of surprised by how much I'm enjoying (or at least, am not-annoyed-by) Kanetsugu's tiny normal-guy retainer. That sort of lazy, useless type seems like he'd inevitably suck, but I actually value his more mortal perspective on the stuff playing out. Everyone has everything well-enough in hand that whatever competence he has or doesn't have isn't really relevant.

iRuBROBK9iAgz.jpg

I also like this minor government dude, because he says "Yare yare" about three different times in this episode. And it's always translated as "Good grief."

This is sort of related to the production values complaints, but I feel like they're missing a lot of opportunities with their framing device. If the two characters are talking about the adventures they had, it'd be awesome to hear a little narration about what's going on, or to actually see different perspectives on the same events. Then, we could see how their "righteousness" differs. At the moment, Kanetsugu seems pretty much the same as Keiji, with a better sense of social grace.

The dialogue in each opening bit sets a great mood, but I'm starting to wonder if they're just using that device so they have more animation they can reuse at the start of each episode.

Speaking of Nobunagun earlier. Looks like the anime is going to be produced by Bridge. No other staff yet, but hopefully they step it up from Devil Survivor 2 The Animation. That was horrid, probably in no small part due to Kishi being an awful director. :p

Well, as long as it's not Kishi again.

Narag

Gifuu Doudou 2
This is sort of related to the production values complaints, but I feel like they're missing a lot of opportunities with their framing device. If the two characters are talking about the adventures they had, it'd be awesome to hear a little narration about what's going on, or to actually see different perspectives on the same events. Then, we could see how their "righteousness" differs. At the moment, Kanetsugu seems pretty much the same as Keiji, with a better sense of social grace.

IIRC you get some third party narration before long as well as Kanetsugu and Keiji diverging in their characterization some. They're still sengokubros but their motivations sure are different.

faridmon

Almost at the end of Working!! (First season), whilst I am still enjoying the show, the way it forces us with
Inami and Sota into a relationship
is quite ridiculous and annoying. Inami is truly the downside of this show.

Rozen Maiden (2013) 1-10

You guys need to watch this show ._.

I liked the first episode but felt I was missing too much context to follow the crazy fast recap pace. Now that cr had the first two seasons I've been planning to watch before watching the new RM. Have a lot of stuff to watch to get ready for fall as it is :/

I liked the first episode but felt I was missing too much context to follow the crazy fast recap pace. Now that cr had the first two seasons I've been planning to watch before watching the new RM. Have a lot of stuff to watch to get ready for fall as it is :/

If you want to get the full story, you'll need to read the first manga series instead of watching the previous anime series, as the anime changed things up significantly from the manga and the current Rozen Maiden anime follows the manga. But it explains enough that you don't need to do that; the first episode is the only one with that kind of pace.

Shergal

No don't watch the earlier seasons, the recap stops at episode 2 and the pace slows down considerably. Besides, the doll plot is not THAT relevant in this season, nor is it the main appeal of the show.

wat

If anything I find those character design quite deplorable. I don't anything about the show, but those three girls are drawn with very flat tone and have no depth.

I don't think the designs themselves are bad, but the color work is. The girls have a sickly skin tone, especially the outside two, that clashes with their clothing.

zeroshiki

This series is a good nostalgia trip if you've seen the first 2 seasons but they are by no means a requirement. In fact, you might get more confused since events unfold here that are inconsistent with the first 2 seasons (since this picks up from the manga and the anime went its own way)

Dog & scissors - 11

Inu%20to%20Hasami%20wa%20Tsukaiyou%20-%2011.jpg

SHINING !!!

WHAT does this anime want to do with his characters ?
I have no idea The nonsense was high for this episode and i still can't stop watching .

Dancing deadly former bodyguard and assasin Maid give us an information that everyone knew except the characters ...the suspense was high and ...and ...

Argh !!! when is the next episode ?????

And what was the point of the opening scene ?

Westlo

Monogatari - 9

That bit with
adult Shinobu was actually sad
I should have, I feel, but didn't expect it to go that way at all.

Dem fucking feels.
dat head pat

where the fuck is kizu :(

Oh well bring on Onimonogatari
Shinobu Time!

Edit - Oh wow Owarimonogatari is now two novels, lol watch Zoku be like 3 novels or something, Nisio can't help himself. The final "season" has already gone from 3 novels to 5, what's another 2.

Almost at the end of Working!! (First season), whilst I am still enjoying the show, the way it forces us with
Inami and Sota into a relationship
is quite ridiculous and annoying. Inami is truly the downside of this show.

I didn't really mind her at all but they clearly overfocused on that pairing, you'll like the second season more since it's more balanced when focusing on the cast, as it should've been.

holy shit dude, watch the second ep pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom