• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

A downward spiral for Yura? You could certainly call it that.

For the show, though? Hells naw. This show has only been getting better and better with time (and I thought it started out pretty nice!)

I wonder if the Yura situation is some kind of parody/homage to the movies she fantasizes about.

cajunator

Banned
AKB0048 S2 is ratchet?

No. NNNNNOOOOOOO

I'm sorta ambivalent toward Erica so far. Maybe 'cuz I don't know who she is other than some girl with a shotgun.

They do give Morrigan a butt shot, though, during her super attack or whatever that is. Better than Tron Bonne, though, who is like nothing but weird butt shots.

I dunno, Chun Li and Morrigan is probably my favorite pair of girls thus far. Just sort of funny seeing the straight-laced Chun Li and the goofy succubus Morrigan forced together.

Shes from Sakura wars. Absolutely adorable girl.
look up "erica good morning dance"

Syrinx

Heaven's Lost Property 11

Gender bending and bathhouses. Yep. Was kinda disappointed that Mikako didn't know what was up from the start. Still, she enjoyed all the carnage going on. She really is the best.

Senyuu. 24

LCJOhozl.jpg

Nakamura troll.

Upotte!! 8

Really, a maid cafe?

It's rather interesting that Azumanga Daioh commented on how common the Maid Cafe and Haunted House thing has been played out.

It has been over a decade since that came out, and we're still doing this. Fuck if I remember most Precure's little exposure for school fairs, but I think a good portion at least strayed from the idea of maid cafes and just showed off another aspect of it. Meh.

There were some unique ideas too that made since for this world... like the Camel Farm. Maid cafe is just too normal for something like this.... or maybe it's so normal it would be weird for a school of humanized guns.

jman2050

Upotte!! 8

Really, a maid cafe?

It's rather interesting that Azumanga Daioh commented on how common the Maid Cafe and Haunted House thing has been played out.

It has been over a decade since that came out, and we're still doing this. Fuck if I remember most Precure's little exposure for school fairs, but I think a good portion at least strayed from the idea of maid cafes and just showed off another aspect of it. Meh.

There were some unique ideas too that made since for this world... like the Camel Farm. Maid cafe is just too normal for something like this.... or maybe it's so normal it would be weird for a school of humanized guns.

All high school festival episodes should feature plays staged as wrestling matches!

Upotte!! 8

Really, a maid cafe?

Maid cafe are easy to do...
Yeah its done tonthe death but nobody complaining loud enough for such things to change

Joe Molotov

Upotte!! 8

Really, a maid cafe?

It's funny that "Maid Cafe" and "Haunted House" are supposed to be the stereotypical festival events picked by kids with no creativity, but you know, it kinda seems like a way for the show creators to not have to be creative.

That said, the two best anime school festivals were Hyouka and Moyashimon.

Edit: From TV shows, I should say. Obviously if we're counting movies, then there's Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer

Maid cafe are easy to do...
Yeah its done tonthe death but nobody complaining loud enough for such things to change

Much like how no one complains about Summer festivals since those are even more generic. But CULTURE, so I grin and bear those.

It's just there's many ideas in a school festival that can be utilize, and yet the most uncreative ones get picked. Boo urns.

Koitabi ~True Tours Nanto~ 01-02

E1ikoURl.jpg

This is a series of short 5 minutes episodes that can be best described as half shoujo, half tourist commercial for the city of Nanto in Japan.

Not bad stories, the art's pretty decent and it is nice to see all the real locations in the credits that they trying to get viewers to visit.

Aria the Natural 3

I don't remember this Al nerd at all, nor do I remember Aika's tsundere infatuation with him. I'm starting to think my memory's even worse than I remember and that it hasn't been that long since I watched the first season. Nevertheless, we're finding out little tidbits of info about Aqua every episode and I think it's fascinating despite some of it being kinda irrelevant to the actual foundation of the planet. Also go Al, getting those tall (taller than anyway) girls must feel pretty baller.

CorvoSol

I'm not faulting them for that, I think a lot of pairs in this game are hilarious, my favorite being Frank West being paired with Zomboobs.

I think they did a good job using the Dark Stalkers as foils. Dante and Demitri's gratuitous english is also fun. "Let's Pray."

you're waiting for megaman ?

Do you think tehy'll give you such powerfull character right off away .. no you'll have to crave for them.. you'll have to desire them..
And then you'll get them ...

He better actually be powerful, then! Also hoping I get KOS-MOS soon. I've never played Xenosaga, but KOS-MOS is still great.

No. NNNNNOOOOOOO

Shes from Sakura wars. Absolutely adorable girl.
look up "erica good morning dance"

Since you seem to know these things, what game is Neneko from?

zeroshiki

Here's the weekly chart highlight thingy:

BD:
8300 *8300 Hataraku Maou-sama 3
2900 38800 Index Movie
1400 13200 Jojo 8
1400 20500 Love Live 6
1200 15600 Uta Pri 3
1200 33600 Attack on Titan 2
1100 *1100 Minami-ke Okawari BOX
1000 *1000 Kotoura-san 6

Index Movie has hit 52.8k copies for all versions.

Here's the weekly chart highlight thingy:

BD:
8300 *8300 Hataraku Maou-sama 3
2900 38800 Index Movie
1400 13200 Jojo 8
1400 20500 Love Live 6
1200 15600 Uta Pri 3
1200 33600 Attack on Titan 2
1100 *1100 Minami-ke Okawari BOX
1000 *1000 Kotoura-san 6

Index Movie has hit 52.8k copies for all versions.

I guess UtaPri 2 is average >26K each disc release now, nice, hopefully UtaPri3 is eventually made, think they did announce a new game recently too...

Upotte!! 9

Well I was, for some reason, expecting gun battles to no longer be a thing, just a whole bunch of fanservice, but lo and behold, we have our last battle, on the size of the city I'm guessing.

Hope this works out well.

Syrinx

Monogatari S2 1

Yeah, I'm watching this now, couldn't wait, was bored, etc. And huh. They didn't waste much time with the...well you know.

Is Hanekawa's family so desperate to avoid all contact with each other that they use separate utensils and shit? And did I hear her right when I heard her say she used to sleep in the hallway in the house?

Anyway, I've never seen Senjougahara break down like that, crying and shit. I was all like, "whoa..."Then she forces Hanekawa to stay at her house, then...well, you know. All I'll say is
if the next episode doesn't start with Senjougahara and Hanekawa having their hot shower
, I'm gonna break something.

Upotte!! 10 END

Well finally got this out of the way.

Considering the whole humanized gun thing... it was kinda dumb for the most part.

Anywho, this particular battle kinda made gunplay look rather boring. There was some neat tactics, but the final showdown and the defense play was just... standing and shooting. And taking cover.

Also anger faces, that doesn't suit you Funko.

Guess it was more to go, hay this is what guns are suppose to be like, angry and willing to go off because humans made us and blah blah blah blah blah (A gun person can't kill a human though... huh)

Well it certainly went into a lull after the "peak" since it was focusing more on slice of life with a reminder of oh hey they're guns, and the finale was kinda eh.

Oh well, there's the OVA to watch.

Upotte!! OVA

What did we learn?

Elle is a sleep talker.

There was a dude in traffic and a kid pissed in his car.

Sixteen has quite the hips (well they all do)

There were bare breasts. I'm okay with this.

Monogatari S2 1

Yeah, I'm watching this now, couldn't wait, was bored, etc. And huh. They didn't waste much time with the...well you know.

Is Hanekawa's family so desperate to avoid all contact with each other that they use separate utensils and shit? And did I hear her right when I heard her say she used to sleep in the hallway in the house?

Anyway, I've never seen Senjougahara break down like that, crying and shit. I was all like, "whoa..."Then she forces Hanekawa to stay at her house, then...well, you know. All I'll say is
if the next episode doesn't start with Senjougahara and Hanekawa having their hot shower
, I'm gonna break something.

You didn't hear wrong ... you haven't missed mononogatari S1 ep 13 , 14, 15 have you ?
Otherwise you'll miss lots of info for this S2 ..and i mean LOTS because you shouldn't be surprised by that point if you saw those episodes.

Jex

I'd kind of like to compare crunchyroll streams to torrents to see if thats in any way true. I expect torrents to be higher than crunchyroll streams.

I don't really know who you'd do that because you can't see crunhyroll's numbers. Moreover you'd need to track torrents for popular shows overtime since crunchroll's introduction. In other mediums (e.g. music) the introduction of legal alternatives (e.g. iTunes, Spotify) saw the torrent numbers for popular works crash.

cajunator

Banned
Much like how no one complains about Summer festivals since those are even more generic. But CULTURE, so I grin and bear those.

It's just there's many ideas in a school festival that can be utilize, and yet the most uncreative ones get picked. Boo urns.

Culture fests in anime are totally wasted opportunities.

Neneko's from some Namco VN (?) called Yumeria that even has an anime for all of your nanoda needs nanoda.

Monemone~

Rozen Maiden 2013 1

Well that went by really fast. Sort of feels like a bring you up to speed kind of thing because if I don't consider it, it'll just stop making sense to me.

Anyway, I do like the aesthetics in this series, much like their clothing and and the painting of the environment. Although a lot sure does happen in a little boys room. lol.

Also there was a lot of desu. I think someone lied to me.

zeroshiki

Rozen Maiden 2013 1

Well that went by really fast. Sort of feels like a bring you up to speed kind of thing because if I don't consider it, it'll just stop making sense to me.

Anyway, I do like the aesthetics in this series, much like their clothing and and the painting of the environment. Although a lot sure does happen in a little boys room. lol.

Also there was a lot of desu. I think someone lied to me.

It calms down quite a bit by the middle of the 2nd episode. They just really needed to get you up to speed to get to the good parts.

Also, there won't be anymore desu for a while now.

zeroshiki

Apparently the new Precure movie will be shown in the 26th Tokyo International Film Festival as a special entry (probably non competition)

I... have no words

5c123996.gif

CorvoSol

Turn A Gundam 38

So this Gyn guy is sorta kinda wonkers. He reminds me of Ali Al Saachez with his interest in war, but so far without any of the shades of Gauron that Saachez had going on. His hair is something, but we've established via Harry that the Moonrace all have terrible fashion sense. His team's mecha are pretty cool, though.

Also, I have to give some respect to the Militia's 2nd in command. This guy may be so dumb he tried to ride back to earth inside of a wooden barrel, but when it came to doing his job in this episode, and disarming a prisoner who posed a threat to others and himself, the dude disarmed him quite handily.

Turn A Gundam so cool. Got his curleh mustache and you can't touch that.

I'd have a harder time accepting these doofy space hippies as suddenly serious characters if it were not for the fact that I watched ZZ Gundam which did the same thing to Beecha and Mondo. V Gundam seems to be made of a cast that is somewhere between that and descendants of the cast of Stardust Memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom