• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

A goddamn CG truck that doesn't even move. Would it have been so hard to freaking draw it?!

Also, firehawk, Okada-bot probably doesn't have much input here other than scripting stuff out. Its gonna be SatoJun driving it.

Amazing Twins PV

Original Work/Director: Junichi Sato (Princess Tutu, Kaleido Star)
Script/Story Cooperation: Mari Okada (Hanasaku Iroha, Ano Hana)
Character Design: Takehito Harada (Disgaea)
Animation Character Design/Unit Director: Fumitoshi Oizaki (Kaleido Star)
Chief Animation Director: Ikuko Ito (Princess Tutu)
Color Design: Kunio Tsujita (Kaleido Star)
Art Director: Shigeru Morimoto (Before Green Gables)
Director of Photography: Takeo Ogiwara (Princess Tutu)
Editing: Aya Hida (Kaleido Star)
Music: Conisch (Mardock Scramble)
Animation Production: Encourage Films

PV looks interesting.

Would watch more.

As long as Amazing Twins doesn't become melodramatic, which it doesn't seem to be on the surface, it'll be fine. The vibe of the trailer and its art style and animation are energetic and appealing.

A goddamn CG truck that doesn't even move. Would it have been so hard to freaking draw it?!

It is moving.

Amazing Twins PV

Thats a team i can get behind for the crazy..

e_i

Amazing Twins PV

Fall show...or Winter?

Also I took that suggestion and read that special chapter for Kurapika.
I wish they would have shown what happened so I could feel bad. It was more like an explanation instead of solid imagery that would make you feel bad for looking at it. The eye gouging and killing kids to make the parent's eyes red was a little much though. After knowing what happened, I still wish Kurapika wasn't so filled with rage. I've seen the my clan was killed story line for characters so much that it just doesn't seem that bad to me anymore I guess.

Not even Togashi has the balls to outright show something like that in Shounen Jump. Just have to use your imagination. I can just picture that fucker Feitan doing all that while grinning. Really makes it easy to hate these guys, which shows they're good villains.

Branduil

Didn't see if this got posted, Dareka no Manazashi (Makoto Shinkai short) got an english sub up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwoGkKQDik&hd=1

6WcNntH.png

Even cats can be :firehawk.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess I can go back to being a bloke in Pokémon then since now I don't have to worry about the usual bad fashion sense.

Branduil

The first two episodes were ridiculous and ineffective at much other than unintentional comedy. Araki's fingerprints were all over the series from the beginning, and not in a positive way.

They were definitely Araki, but I don't think they were bad. Unintentional comedy is rather subjective, though, so I don't expect there is much to argue on that.

Jarmel

Banned
How does that even work for G Gundam? The setting of G Gundam is like the inversion of UC, in that G has the colonies as the oppressors. And this is before asking how the giant DEVIL NEO JAPAN COLONY would go completely unnoticed in UC.

This is like if one day Aonuma came out and said that all Zelda games took place in the same timeline, no splits, and within 25 years of each other. Except fucking crazier.

Corvo, it's stupid as fuck. Don't think too much about it.

They were definitely Araki, but I don't think they were bad. Unintentional comedy is rather subjective, though, so I don't expect there is much to argue on that.

Yea, I would kinda lean towards bad. Araki doesn't know restraint or subtlety, both necessary elements to properly do a tragedy.

Jarmel

Banned
Why? If people deal with tragedy in different ways, surely they can be portrayed in different ways.

When everything becomes overblown, it loses that sense of atmosphere which is crucial. It's not only the characters themselves but artistic touches such as the blowing motifs.

Wolf's Rain 22

This felt much like episode 4, a self-contained scenario with our four leads forced to battle against an antagonist. In addition to being an entertaining action setpiece, this showed off how far Toboe has come as a character. At the beginning of the show, he was timid, unsure of himself, and tried to stay out of fights as much as he could.
His kills were unintentional.
Now his wolf nature, which had been stunted by domestication, fully awakens
and he embraces the thrill of the kill - in the proper context
. It was a powerful moment, one that again emphasized that no matter how much these wolves may look like humans, they are fundamentally different.

Wolf's Rain 23

Everyone's arrived. It feels a little early for that to happen if this plot is to last through 26, so hopefully things don't drag too much. It can't get as bad as the end of FMA:Brotherhood though, especially since all the characters are given their own roles to play and are adding to the overall picture of the world and narrative.
I'm most interested in Hige's connection to Jaguara. At first I thought it might be a Manchurian Candidate situation, but that doesn't really make sense, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Tenumi

Banned
POKÉMON IS SAVED, ACTUAL DRESS-UP SIMULATOR INCLUDED IN X/Y

Hurray! More reason for me to buy the game!

Yes! Pretty Cure 5: 10

Merchandising, Merchandising, Merchandising! All about the sales and the advertising so that their hideout/shop gets customers.

Never heard of fate/prism illya. Is it based on Fate/ franchise?

Yes , it's the same city and characters in an alternate universe..

To get the setting : the events of fate/zero never happenned ( thus the events of fate stay night never happenned ) , Illya is now a magical girl and the heroine.

It's heavily based on comedy with serious moments here and there.

faridmon

Yeah Its a magical girl spin-off starring Illyasviel.

miladesn said:
spin off alternate universe with magical girls. yeah...
Cheers

R_thanatos said:
Yes , it's the same city and characters in an alternate universe..

To get the setting : the events of fate/zero never happenned ( thus the events of fate stay night never happenned ) , Illya is now a magical girl and the heroine.

It's heavily based on comedy with serious moments here and there.
So its not canon then.

Also, isn't most of those Fate/ production an spin-off of each other? none of them are that closely linked, are they?

Never been a follower myself so I wouldn't know.

ilya is also naked about 37.28% of the season.

Is it lewd?

Hot?

So its not canon then.

Also, isn't most of those Fate/ production an spin-off of each other? none of them are that closely linked, are they?

Never been a follower myself so I wouldn't know.

Actually it is cannon, regarding the freaking rules of the fate Multiverse..it's just in an alternate dimension where things didn't happen in the "common" timeline.
You can't make non-canon stuff when you have broken the rules of space time from the start.

And yes all of the Fate works are linked to each other in some way ( crazy i know ) ... Even the FATE/EXTRA games are linked to the original fate/stay night yet they are in a totally different setting.

Amazing Twins PV

Oddly different what I imagined the character would look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom