• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Zach.

Strike Witches 1

Aw yiss.

Strike Witches 1
This is going to be one of those things where I like the concept far more than the execution. Tails/ears using magic is heavenly though. Hadn't realized it was a period piece and effectively a magical girl show either as I figured they were all robots or some shit. I'm still inclined to believe so given dat Gonzo CG magic

All natural and how WWII should have played out. I'm sure there's some actual reason why they don't wear (traditional) pants, but it's more than likely Humikane just loves butts and wanted to make his mecha-musume franchises encompass that love. Theonik informed me that the CG in S1 was pretty bad since I clearly didn't remember, but it's a fun show with no shame and kemonomimi.

Also RIP lewd images.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Can't watch it. Just reminded of how ugly it is whenever I try.

IFIHfvh.png

Oh no you didn't! D:

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
love live! 01+02
it's kind of weird how well constructed this show is. the pace is snappy and the show feels very direct, but it's still doing enough for individual characters to stand out and develop on their own. there is a great deal of personality to the production that carries across through the characters and it does a good job of making a pretty simplistic premise somewhat endearing. love live! is also properly setting up the story in a way that scales, with side characters introduced without being overblown and both short and long term goals being established upfront. the unique tone is well served by the contrast between the absurdity and the occasional cutting outlook of realism that can sort of break the fourth wall. seems kind of cool so far.

Narag

All natural and how WWII should have played out. I'm sure there's some actual reason why they don't wear (traditional) pants, but it's more than likely Humikane just loves butts and wanted to make his mecha-musume franchises encompass that love.

Yeah, that's clearly what they were going for given bare legs, skin tight swimsuits, and billowy shirts to protect modesty.

Theonik informed me that the CG in S1 was pretty bad since I clearly didn't remember, but it's a fun show with no shame and kemonomimi.

cajunator

Banned
Like it or not the average anime viewer on GAF probably only watches 2-3 shows a year at best. _otY competitions are generally popularity contest not test of actual quality. If you truly wanted an anime of the year discussion/vote to reflect what is truly the "best" anime of the year everyone voting would had to have watched every single anime that aired this year and that simply isn't viable

I only watch a handful of shows due to lack of time/motivation to watch. However I do very much enjoy what I do watch.

BroCon 11

XD0SQDul.jpg

So shoujo.

I guess about time there's a confrontation between the brothers about their love with their not blood related sister.

And I honestly can't even remember that Iori is one of the brothers.

Thats some Escaflowne levels of shoujo.

Narag

I'm still unsure how I don't remember something that bad, because I definitely remember it being that way in S2 and some parts of the movie (though thankfully those were given to the somewhat more competent AIC). I blame the butts blocking it out.

Blame animegaf. It sharpens the eyes, it does.

SDBurton

RWBY - 05

iLBZSuN.png

Ruby x Weiss is go. #DreamsDoComeTrue

Been watching this every week, but forgot to post my weekly impressions. Re-watch time! :lol

Anyway, I was hoping Ruby would end up
being partnered with Weiss, her catty attitude against the former is just too good to pass up for shipping.

Yang continues to be boss, as always.

cHdrKPi.png

She's awesome too! Pyrrha <3

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i wonder what the production is like for rwby. last week was an action episode that stretched to almost fourteen minutes. this week was a five minute episode where literally nothing happened, and most of the talking was done by a character who doesn't even have lips.

fertygo

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 08 (rewatch)

Man this episode are more amazing than I ever remember, graduating from anime noob help a lot.. dem sakuga, dat EVA-02 etc.. and the action scene so well executed, fucking amazing

F3k0Ny5.gif

zeroshiki

"Asuka Strikes" is probably the one anime episode I've seen the most times. I remember having the VHS for that volume with episodes 7 and 8 and fastforwarding through 7 all the time so I could watch 8. Ah, to be young again.

Narag

"Asuka Strikes" is probably the one anime episode I've seen the most times. I remember having the VHS for that volume with episodes 7 and 8 and fastforwarding through 7 all the time so I could watch 8. Ah, to be young again.

That's a good question there for people (although it's probably come up a hundred times before.) I can't remember what particular ep I've rewatched most myself. Probably something like Giant Robo episode 6 or Getter Robo Armageddon 11. Might be NGE 19 too. Can't remember!

CorvoSol

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 08 (rewatch)

Man this episode are more amazing than I ever remember, graduating from anime noob help a lot.. dem sakuga, dat EVA-02 etc.. and the action scene so well executed, fucking amazing

F3k0Ny5.gif

But it isn't even
shitty
cg!

SDBurton

RWBY - 06

UrYioQe.png

Oh Nora, you're so silly. :lol
secret awesome character incoming

More Ruby x Weiss headbutting going on in this episode, and
wish #2 happened with Yang and Blake becoming teammates. #DreamsDoComeTrue

Also got some knowledge drops about auras and stuff, which was pretty neat.

Jex

Well obviously, because that episode is pretty sweet.

cajunator

Banned
Fantasista doll - 09

That's it !

I wanted answers , i wanted the plot to move , i wanted to see a fight

And all of the above happenned.

But first , cajun had his interest picked so i'll just throw in a large view of teh current characters :

I'll just note that yes the blue girl on the right is indeed swiming on the floor ...because...

Now the episode:
The nice friendship that was growing nicely between kagami & uzume is menaced by the "Dream group" since kagami is forced to make a choice between an easy way to reach her current goal and the sacrifice of her current friendship ..

This lead to the much awaited fight that wasn't bad ... you can tell this is a kid show ... we got so much pink explosions and sometimes purple explosions too ! We got a clash of team attacks and a superb friendship speech from the heroine that acted like a proper heroine ( kinda what Mama form dokidoki precure does on a daily basis , except that uzume is a normal character so she can only do it when the mood is right ..)

Overall this episode is a positive in my book , we got the motivation for kagami, something that should have been told or hinted since ep 1 ( they did ..but not enough )
We got the president of the dream group appearing ..it's good that the main antagonist is active ... she gave a good " i'm the final boss" vibe with her overpowering doll ...i like that ...Things are moving in term of plot ... they took their sweet time but never say never i guess ?

The animation was alright ... i dare to say that it's their best attempt yet .. they did cut corners on several places but things happenned fast enough so that you can't really notice unless you pay close attention to some detail. I could have done without the pink and purple explosions ... it's like i'm watching gundam again.

"leader" was baking cookies ..i don't mind since she indeed predicted the battle outcome properly ... i'm sure nobody could have predicted the end game.. not that her being "on the scene " would have made any difference in the end.

I hope .... i hope this will mark the start of a more focused arc since ..thing are happenning , we even have a kidnapped on our hands( that scene wouldn't have worked if the previous episodes build-up wasn't there ) i guess.I know this is possible since i had exactly the same hopes for mushibugyo earlier in the year and they kicked off once the introductions arcs were finished.

Yep i'm satisfied.

Yeah...im watching this when I get home. At least an episode or two.

pants

I usually watch a lot of shows from every season but have never participated here, gonna change that today. Been watching anime since 1989, hello.

pants

It's AnimeGAF's favourite anime.

I'm going to unsubscribe and slowly back out then :'(

My favorite two this season so far:
Uchouten Kazoku <3 <3
Monogatari <3 <3 <3

EDIT: Also watching:
Gin no Saji
Kimi no Iru Machi (read the manga so why not)
Hunter x Hunter (if you cant tell from my last two avatars)
Watamote
Mushibugyo
Blood Lad
Yami Shibai
Genshiken

Uchouten Kazoku <3 <3
Monogatari <3 <3 <3

Gin no Saji
Watamote
Mushibugyo
Blood Lad
Yami Shibai
Genshiken

Scaring our new person already!

See some nice ones on here.

...never actually subscribed to a thread now that I think about it.

zeroshiki

What kind of scum suggests this to people? /uwah

Thank you :)

The kind that gets off of watching falling cherry blossoms and high school girls crying.

Terrorists

Uchouten Kazoku <3 <3
Monogatari <3 <3 <3

Gin no Saji
Watamote
Mushibugyo
Blood Lad
Yami Shibai
Genshiken

I see a disturbing lack of Rozen Maiden 2013 on this list.

Getter Robo Armageddon 1

I feel like I should have watched like 5 other series before starting this. Some confusing stuff going on and I barely remember anything from Shin Getter Robo.

Still fun though, as expected. Art looks great too. They're making good use of the spiral eyes.

pants

Awww, just embrace Man-koto!
:'(

Scaring our new person already!

See some nice ones on here.

...never actually subscribed to a thread now that I think about it.
I post in a lot of community threads, it's the only way to go really. i open gaf on my subs page.

The kind that gets off of watching falling cherry blossoms and high school girls crying.

Terrorists

I see a disturbing lack of Rozen Maiden 2013 on this list.

Damn Terrorists, time to send in Yugo the negotiator.

I'm not so much interested in the remake, the only remakes i'm watching (and loving) now is Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and HxH

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The Count of Monte Cristo 22

And thus the pasts further unravel and the deafening sound of ill-thought actions drone louder.

Really digging the sci-fi'd up Chateau d'If.

God Albert, just when I thought you were starting to grow a spine and a brain, as soon as the Count is a round, that's all goes out the fucking window once again. You should really take the Count as an example of who is supposed to give yourself orders.

Last Supper indeed.

A morning show in Japan posed a question "What do foreigners think are the best anime in a post-Miyazaki world?" ***They asked foreigners***

The results are hilarious.

11. Naruto
10. Evangelion
9. Stein's;Gate
8. Code Geass
7. Kuroko no Basketball
6. Pokemon
5. Death Note
4. 5 cm/s
3. Gundam
2. One Piece
1. Attack on Titan

Oh my sides hurt.

Not that different from asking japanese people, I would say.

CorvoSol

So uh, 28 hour bus ride tomorrow. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Thankfully, I've conviced mom and dad that this is the last time I'm taking the bus to school, and from now on I'll just pay for plane tickets. So I'm trying to think of this as the farewell tour to bus rides.

pants

So uh, 28 hour bus ride tomorrow. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Thankfully, I've conviced mom and dad that this is the last time I'm taking the bus to school, and from now on I'll just pay for plane tickets. So I'm trying to think of this as the farewell tour to bus rides.

Load up your tablet with 27 hours worth of anime, #win

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Le Chevalier D'Eon 22

And then there were but two.

It's interesting to see how our main characters are now merely just pawns along for the ride in this massive, global political three-way power struggle crumbling apart in a magical fireworks. They've really just gotten less and less central it seems.

And King Louis is getting more and more villainous. I wasn't really to accept that but the evidence started really stacking. And now it's really come to a head here, especially at the end of episode. I hope they explain this "loneliness" of Louis that is causing him to kill Marie and protect his secret by picking up a sword again Anna, but knowing this show's track record on explaining shit, I'm not getting my hopes up.

1 hour is already a nightmare when you deal with being packed like sardines, I'd die from 28 hours.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

See this is why I'm glad I have a car and fly for most of the holidays.

CorvoSol

1 hour is already a nightmare when you deal with being packed like sardines, I'd die from 28 hours.

It's a Greyhound, though, so I'll likely be sitting and have space to myself. It''s just that sitting anywhere for that long is maddening.

Turn A Gundam 41

HOLY SNOT.

The Turn A Gundam didn't just FIGURE into the cataclysm that caused the end of the Earth Federation, it CAUSED it? HO DAMN SON. I mean, this whole episode was full of crazy revelations and ominous portent, but that takes the cake. That said, we also had the claim that the Mahiroo team has been "fighting in space for 2-3 thousand years". Fighting what? Remnants of the colonies? Remnants of the Jovians and Martians? Also "The Butterfly". Also THE TURN X GUNDAM.

SO CRAZY.

zeroshiki

Is anyone going to TGS next week? sonicmj1 and I are considering an AnimeGaf meetup but it might turn out to be just the two of us. (&#65417;&#1044;`)&#65404;&#65400;&#65404;&#65400;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom