• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
DokiDoki Precure: 31

I've been slacking on posting about this, but everybody else pretty much has it covered. All I've got to say is.... they're weaponizing flinging playing cards now? Seriously?

Well, that report had girls and old people and, as much as I like Sora no Woto, that just doesn't seem like the audience for the show. But what do I know. lol

I must admit, between Cuenca and Venice... It'd be a toss up between which I'd want to visit if I were to ever make an anime-related trip. Maybe the winner would be the B&B from Kiniro Mosaic. lol
Cuenca does look pretty though, and probably less crowded and expensive than Venice.

---

Laws of Genshiken:
ffkMkp7l.png

How many of you can confidently say this without lying!

The only thing I have downloaded on my PC is music and some games. I never understood why people downloaded stuff like that?

dragon ball z movie 14

fun movie. still weird seeing dbz with cg.

Surprisingly enjoyable. Setting up the scale of the dbz universe... really curious if they are gonna do anything about that in future movies, or even shows.

Theonik

This artbook is gorgeous! I love Onpu-chan smug face.

Now back to MH4!

*By fuck I'm mean love.
It's a great artbook indeed. Worth every penny yen I spent on it.

Its a CG, "anime-inspired" show created, yes, by Rooster Teach and Monty Oum. Its not a series for everyone. I personally like it, but seems like I'm the only one in AnimeGAF that does. Basically, Magical School.
This is untrue. SDBurton also likes the show

Basically everything is true, and the timeline be damned, I'm just going to assume that SEED and 00 happened, too.

Not AGE, though. Fuck not AGE.
You can sort of assume though naturally they will not be referred to in the show like other Gundam shows are as they didn't exist at the time. I also remembered there is another G Gundam reference in Turn A that I cannot talk about though as it's a massive spoiler.

faridmon

Natsume is really selfish girl isn't she?

You know what, watching those kind of Slice-of-Life animes, makes me wonder if Japanese people do indeed act similarly. I know people say that Anime is fake bla bla bla, but where is smoke, there is fire, and its no coincidence that many Teenage girls are created to have similar characteristic.

If any of it is though, I would have been a depressed person living there.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
the asynchronous jerking and flailing of love live! dance scenes have increased the respect i have for im@s immensely.

Jex

I think I was a victim of my own expectations for it, in some sense, given the lauded way it was talked about - which I felt had more to do with its singular status as a legitimate literary adaptation rather than another run of the mill extended LN advertisement - and the individually gorgeous, somewhat misleading screenshots you see bandied about in connection with this series. I didn't find a lot of invention nor spirit in the visuals, a real disappointment for me.

I don't know if they're necessarily misleading. The quality of the art and animation varies from segment to segment with some of them being consistently attractive with others falling rather flat.

It should be a testament to how bad AGE was that, though I disliked 00 more, I will much sooner accept 00 characters, mecha and music than AGE. Probably because 00 had great mech designs and I swear my 3 year old nephew could shit out better mechanical designs than AGE.

AGE in my mind is pretty much the worst Gundam anything ever. Though I haven't seen G Savior.

fertygo

Is this why episode 2 has taken so long? Did they decide that episode 1 wasn't selling very well and this is how they're going to rectify it?

The story setting are always around a month before Zero Requiem.
Lelouch and Suzaku just came back from World of C

Theonik

Strike Witches 2 03
Ah yes. It was that episode. *Video NSFW*
Pretty fun episode, with some nice :SDBurton and Perrine action.
We also got some more insight into Mio's past which was pretty cool. As well as an *ehem* interesting scene of sorts.
A pretty unremarkable amount of [REDACTED] but it made up for it in other ways.

mhs004

Strike Witches 2 03

We also got some more insight into Mio's past which was pretty cool. As well as an *ehem* interesting scene of sorts.
I think I need to stop watching anime for a bit.

Strike Witches 2 03

The start of S2 was kind of weak.

But the next episode has so much OTP and implications... second best episode of the show.

Theonik

I think I need to stop watching anime for a bit.
Is that because you are blinded by Strike Witches being so good?

The start of S2 was kind of weak.

But the next episode has so much OTP and implications... second best episode of the show.
Yeah, I see that. Well I wouldn't say weak as the first 2 episodes didn't have much of anything special though the battles were somewhat cool and all.
3 had the broom scene and some other stuff but not much else either though I was not exactly disappointed or whatever.
I'll hold you up on your 4 claims when I watch it tomorrow though.

Attack On Titan 23

Fantastic tense episode though I do have one major complaint
They completely ruined the "smile" that Annie has when Mikasa goes on her "it's time to slice of the fem Titan again. The smile Annie made in the manga was super creepy and titan like, the laugh in the anime just made her look human. Here's how it looked in the manga for those curious http://i.imgur.com/ZiiU5dL.jpg

Also not sure what was up with the complete 10 minute filler scene in the beginning of the episode, yeah it was pretty well done but I'm not sure what the point of it was.

cajunator

Banned
Natsume is really selfish girl isn't she?

You know what, watching those kind of Slice-of-Life animes, makes me wonder if Japanese people do indeed act similarly. I know people say that Anime is fake bla bla bla, but where is smoke, there is fire, and its no coincidence that many Teenage girls are created to have similar characteristic.

If any of it is though, I would have been a depressed person living there.

I dont think shes that selfish. But then again I was highly distracted by how cute she is so Im not a good judge of that.

also japan does seem like a very depressed high stress environment outside of happysqueeanimefuntime.

Strike Witches 2 03

Please no-one click any of the blue words in this post. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom