• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurky

Watamote 5

After not watching this show for a while, I really thought it was going to be funny. Rather than being funny it just made me bummed. Feels bad man... I guess it's on to the next episode now D:

You know I've noticed something. In this season we have a lot of gender reversals:

1) Kyoani making a show about guys with beach bodies rather than moe girls
2) Reverse harems
3) Female otaku show
4) Show about some girls finding their first boyfriend

But we have always had a reverse harem since 2011 at least. Though doesnt seem like there is one for Winter :(

Joe Molotov

You know I've noticed something. In this season we have a lot of gender reversals:

2) Reverse harems
3) Female otaku show

What if Toei announced that the next PreCure show was gonna be all dudes? *shudders*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

2) Reverse harems
3) Female otaku show
And yet R* can't even give us one female in GTAV.

Anime is more progressive than gaming.

In 2000 years we will be looking back on shows like Kill Me Baby with the same reverence as we do the works of Geoffrey Chaucer.

cnet128

Banned
What if Toei announced that the next PreCure show was gonna be all dudes? *shudders*

Don't even joke about these things!

inbefore "it would still be better than DokiDoki"

Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 4

You know, for a moment there I thought they might actually break with tradition and let a group of four Cures take out the enemy. Because you know, four Cures should really be enough to take out a simple Hoshiina if they try, and Urara did have slightly more important things to worry about. Like, a final audition for a lead role in a goddamn movie. But no, of course she had to throw away her amazing opportunity just for the sake of making their numbers up to five. Sigh.

At least her new finisher looks cool.

cajunator

Banned

2) Reverse harems
3) Female otaku show

Gender reversal is an ongoing theme for a while now but this season has leaned a bit heavily that direction. I think Free and Love Lab make it stand out more than usual.

jbug617

Banned
Watamote 11

I really like the character. She is awesome and awkward.
BUZWv16CcAAxjJm.jpg

Lurky

Watamote 7

What the hell was that? Now I feel even worse than before! Actually I'd feel way worse if it weren't for that end... Sorta.

except they're almost universally trash.

It takes time to improve. You could say the majority of male-perspective oriented shows are the same since I highly doubt the majority of them are what any would refer to as masterworks.

Somehow I have the feeling that we would disagree greatly on what's "trash" and what isn't.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Majestic Prince 7

Pretty cool seeing the other side of the war. They've got quite interesting culture just from that cursory glance.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - Episode 80

That last scene was a little bit too much for me. I heard that the Chimera Ant arc was really bloody and violent, but I didn't know it was this bad. I kinda hope this arc ends fast because this arc deems a little much for me at the moment.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It takes time to improve. You could say the majority of male-perspective oriented shows are the same since I highly doubt the majority of them are what any would refer to as masterworks.

Somehow I have the feeling that we would disagree greatly on what's "trash" and what isn't.
if we are talking about the fujoshi garbage this season...i don't know what the incentive to improve would be when it sells as is. what you are even talking about with "male-perspective"/"female-perspective"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom