• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Little Witch Academia has starting shipping, but I paid with Paypal, and Paypal has terminated the transaction because Trigger didn't take the money in time and now my order is "On Hold" at Trigger's online store. MOTHERFUCKER.

jediyoshi

I don't get the hate for Watamote here. She is supposed to be socially ill.

There's a difference between that in and of itself being the joke and a show that deals with a socially ill character. To its detriment, the show seems just as equally interested in reveling in the pratfalls of her failures rather than any kind of progression as a character or having any kind of commentary on the life of an introvert. These are pretty straight forward character narrative issues that could be leveled regardless of the social subject matter.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
eh, the main character of watamote is deplorable regardless of whatever else is going on. the way she treats her family is just abhorrent, so i find it impossible to sympathize or like the character.
also the show isn't really funny or insightful but...yeah.

Joe Molotov

Little Witch Academia has starting shipping, but I paid with Paypal, and Paypal has terminated the transaction because Trigger didn't take the money in time and now my order is "On Hold" at Trigger's online store. MOTHERFUCKER.

Isn't Paypal the worst?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My favorite thing about chou doufu is that you always know when you're within 20 feet of it.

My most hated thing about it, also, is that you always know when you're within 20 feet of it.
It's been a couple of years since I had some, but the stuff I had basically just tasted like normal tofu for the most part... even with the smell. lol

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 12

The squid and the octopus are bros. And that weird half-squid/half-octopus is cute as hell.

So Majo Heart saw what they were doing that caused them to fail that last test and was still gonna take Hana away? What a bitch. I mean, rules are rules and it was only a duck, but they helped the duck cause Hana wanted to.

So they basically passed. Or they're on probation. Whatever, Hana stays.

cajunator

Banned

That sucks. Is it still possible to get that? Ive been working and honestly forgot it was coming out soon.

I was thinking of more point to point transactions between people. Outside of writing a cheque, that's really all you have now.

You should try it and embrace Chinese culture. It's either that or eating bugs!

Eating bugs is not a big deal. Some of them taste pretty good. I dont imagine that giant water bugs do but Im willing to try it. Scorpion isnt bad.

Paniponi Dash 2

iuaHI7sOl51kM.jpg

• Miyukichi
  • Spats
  • Miyukichi
  • HAIR EARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Best girl has certainly arrived, but not making her apart of the main cast was a mistake. In fact, I think class B is way more entertaining anyhow so I hope they get way more screen time in the long run.

Tenumi

Banned
To LOVE-ru Darkness: 05

Ah, Yami... second favorite character in the series. And our plot continues to move along, with character development for Nana and Mea, and subtle pushes in Golden Darkness's past and future.

I love how clean I'm making this look. You can't even tell that I took like 10 NSFW screenshots this episode... Perhaps someday...

cajunator

Banned
I can't point my finger on it, but there is something derpy about the girl on the left.

Maybe her nose being way up by her eyes?

Paniponi Dash 2

• Miyukichi
  • Spats
  • Miyukichi
  • HAIR EARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Best girl has certainly arrived, but not making her apart of the main cast was a mistake. In fact, I think class B is way more entertaining anyhow so I hope they get way more screen time in the long run.

Pani Poni Dash is a really cute show. I apologize for not recommending it to you. Kinda forgot about it >_

Tenumi

Banned
Someday I will have income, and then all the Anime will be mine!

On a side note, I've got Pani Poni Dash sitting on my shelves waiting to be watched. Think I know what I'm watching next time there is a comedy-shaped gap in my watching list...

cajunator

Banned
New Pickups
Mysterious Girlfriend X, One Piece Movie, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere S2, Mitchiko & Hatchin, Another, Is This a Zombie of the Dead? and Yatterman Movie

I also bought my first figure. It was cheap and fits on my desk without taking any space.

Nice stuff. Especially MGX and another :D
I might get Michiko. Never saw it but it looks creative and interesting and a different art style from the norm.

Someday I will have income, and then all the Anime will be mine!

On a side note, I've got Pani Poni Dash sitting on my shelves waiting to be watched. Think I know what I'm watching next time there is a comedy-shaped gap in my watching list...

Doooo it! PPD is a great show. You will love Becky.

Pani Poni Dash is a really cute show. I apologize for not recommending it to you. Kinda forgot about it >_

Its been on my backlog since...well since I've had a backlog so no apologies necessary. I think the show is sort of rough around the edges but hopefully it'll get comfortable with itself soon.

I completely forgot there was an anime gaf thread. I'll just post my lastest Watamote episode impressions here.

Watamote 11

It's really clear, now more than in previous episodes how much Tomoko craves close contact (her statement about Yuu's hug taking her mind off of her loneliness) and those friendships that everyone around her enjoys.

From the perspective of people without depression or social anxiety simple exchanges of ideas and conversation don't hold any great value. We can see with Tomoko's interactions with the Festial Committee Chairman and Yuu that those simple conversations mean A LOT to her. Just watch her reactions after each exchange. She contemplates how nice it was to communicate and progressively becomes warmer throughout the episode as a result.

Compare this to how she was in the very beginning where she was speaking badly of the students around her. You can also see that she never says such things to people directly because she realizes that she's wrong about them. It's all hot air. It's a way of lashing out at what you see as an unfair situation.

Another potent scene was when Yuu eventually left the school at the end of the day with her friends while waving to Tomoko. There's a reason that that scene was framed the way it was. With Yuu walking into the setting sun with her friends while Tomoko is standing in the doorway with the shadows from the school obscuring her eyes. That's essentially her feelings being visualized directly.

There's more I could say but I'll leave it on this note. With one episode left I really hope that the show leaves on a positive note. If anything perhaps it can serve as some kind of inspiration for people who suffer from depression and social anxiety.

After reading the last few pages it seems that some people find the humour in Watamote to be mean-spirited and I can totally understand why they feel that way. I guess you could say the show is more like a comedy with some depression/social anxiety rather than a show about depression/social anxiety with some comedy. It could be my faulty memory at work, but I don't remember anyone in the show making fun of her for having social anxiety and depression or telling her to "get over it" or anything derogatory like that. Considering that I don't think the show "crossed the line". Her progression at least is reminiscent of someone who has depression and social anxiety and has some small hope that they can become better. Many many failures followed by backtracking into a negative cycle of thoughts until you can break out of it for a moment and realize you need to try again.

It's unfortunate that the show is only 12 episodes as it looks like we're finally getting some real development, hopefully with that momentum continuing into the last episode.

sleepykyo

Damn, I might have to watch Brothers Conflict just to see what is driving those sales.

Speaking of hype, Attack on Titan was pretty enjoyable. Mikasa is amazing, action is amazing and the general atmosphere is pretty well done. Good to see that it is closer to High School of the Dead than Sword Art Online or Guilty Crown.

Damn, I might have to watch Brothers Conflict just to see what is driving those sales.

It's average. And those sales were probably event ticket driven then the actual quality of the show.

Story's average, just a lot of melodrama over dating my not blood related sister.
And it's even silly once the big reveal (if you can call it that) happens midway.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 14

So when this kid's mom told him to go after pretty girls or whatever, did she leave out the part where you're not supposed to propose to an entire group of friends? Cause you can't do that. Though he should have been able to figure it out for himself. And then proposing to Hana, though that seemed more like a joke, but I am pretty sure you're not supposed to feed a baby milk straight from the udder, dumbass. But fucking lol at the reason Doremi broke it off.

Speaking of his mom, what was with her? What does she carry in those titties? And what was with the English? "OH MY GOD!" Too funny.

cajunator

Banned
Watamote 11

This episode was super adorable and sweet.
Tomoko likes hugs. We could get along.
Yuu is a sweetheart and Tomoko really does value her as a friend but seems to simply resent her ability to socialize so easily. Friends are one of the most important things in life to me, so I can definitely relate to that. Also Tomoko seems to be breaking a bit out of her shell compared to how she was in the beginning. Still awkward as hell but shes trying so hard. I love this show sooooo much.

Joe Molotov

Watamote 11

This episode was super adorable and sweet.
Tomoko likes hugs. We could get along.
Yuu is a sweetheart and Tomoko really does value her as a friend but seems to simply resent her ability to socialize so easily. Friends are one of the most important things in life to me, so I can definitely relate to that. Also Tomoko seems to be breaking a bit out of her shell compared to how she was in the beginning. Still awkward as hell but shes trying so hard. I love this show sooooo much.

Everybody needs a good bitch friend.

Ojamajo Doremi # 14

So when this kid's mom told him to go after pretty girls or whatever, did she leave out the part where you're not supposed to propose to an entire group of friends? Cause you can't do that. Though he should have been able to figure it out for himself. And then proposing to Hana, though that seemed more like a joke, but I am pretty sure you're not supposed to feed a baby milk straight from the udder, dumbass. But fucking lol at the reason Doremi broke it off.

Speaking of his mom, what was with her? What does she carry in those titties? And what was with the English? "OH MY GOD!" Too funny.

Well I hope you like english!

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 14

Pop episodes are the best.

If they were gonna turn into dogs to herd the sheep, shouldn't they have been corgis? Or do corgis herd cows or something?

You know I've noticed something. In this season we have a lot of gender reversals:

1) Kyoani making a show about guys with beach bodies rather than moe girls
2) Reverse harems
3) Female otaku show
4) Show about some girls finding their first boyfriend

Speaking of which, what happened to Motto?

Motto was something I rushed into due to me still having Doremi jitters, but decided to take another break just to get ready (as well as focus on other things that needed to get finished like PGSM, and catching up with other summer shows).

Unfortunately, with the miniature flood getting onto a big portion of my carpet, and trying to deal with this (stressful and all), I haven't been able to put my mind to do much of anything entertaining. Well that, and dealing with other personal issues with another group.

sleepykyo

You know I've noticed something. In this season we have a lot of gender reversals:

1) Kyoani making a show about guys with beach bodies rather than moe girls
2) Reverse harems
3) Female otaku show
4) Show about some girls finding their first boyfriend

Subtle fishing for gifs of females slapping people with money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom