• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

To hell with Pizza Hut, that shit's unhealthy for you

How about a promotional campaign with Majestic Prince to sell, uh... grapes. Yeah, grapes.
5KCltg7.jpg
http://www.lake-style.com/grape/

Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

25,726 *1 Free! [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/11
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*6,438 *2 Danganronpa: The Animation [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/28
*5,375 *3 Servant x Service [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*2,072 *2 Rozen Maiden [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/30
**,809 *1 Genshiken Nidaime [BD]: 2013/09/04

So yeah. Higher end of the estimate range. Plus everything from Kyoani Shop (and elsewhere) that Oricon doesn't count.
15,517 BD, 10,209 DVD via something.
Utapri2 doing well, and now Free! on the fast track for success (more music stuff too please. Only hope this gets more Free! Alter figures made, I need the whole group, especially Rin. Truly a great year to be an anime fan.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!/Watamote Episode 11: Well now, this was a genuine surprise since, well, the first half was plagued with all the tropes that make this show awful and I look forward to it ending next week. On the other hand, Watamote actually managed to teach Tomoko a worthwhile lesson and have some genuine moments of emotional content without bloody fucking ruining it with its shit sense of comedy. Had the show been more of that and not a showcase for one of downright mean spirited sense of humor I have ever seen in a show.

faridmon

I don't get the hate for Watamote here. She is supposed to be socially ill.

Its not like we hate the character, but the show harps to undermine human progression by playing the same shtick over and over again which is quite frankly tiring. Also, socially ill person don't act all and mighty in which they feel superior against all odds.

NeoGaf has a disliking for things that begin with W and end with mote for no good reason whatsoever.

The only one I can think of is this one.

Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

25,726 *1 Free! [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/11
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*6,438 *2 Danganronpa: The Animation [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/28
*5,375 *3 Servant x Service [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*2,072 *2 Rozen Maiden [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/30
**,809 *1 Genshiken Nidaime [BD]: 2013/09/04

So yeah. Higher end of the estimate range. Plus everything from Kyoani Shop (and elsewhere) that Oricon doesn't count.
15,517 BD, 10,209 DVD via something.

why-gif-03.gif

I am late but still. WTF

cajunator

Banned

gawdamn...
Thas not bad sales.

Inu x Boku was omnipandering though! Just look at those Ririchiyo thighs.

It was all bout dat Karuta <3

Inu To Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 12 [end]

Trully Masochist Editor-san was the best girl of this show ...there is like no contest

Anyway the episode was classic on many parts , with the occasional nonsense here and there. Even after this ending, i still don't know what the show wanted to convey and i really don't care ..in the end it was crazy and refreshing in a way ...

Pessimist-san was also very cool , even if she was predictable... in the end teh casting was great , except the sister of the MC ..her curry antics and running jokes didn't do it for me.

This is 100% factual.
Suzune is best girl and theres no other competition.

cajunator

Banned
As a video game, GTA V is a work of substance and truth.

Fuck that game.

Hmm... The only thing i'll be watching for sure is Pupa. After all of the awesome loli this season, fall just seems so barren.

Love Lab 11

That was a pretty normal episode for the most part. I thought that a Maki episode would be way more interesting than this.

Im sure you'll find something..

Unbreakable Machine-Doll PV3 with a preview of Hitomi Harada's OP song "Anicca":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rNH7VRcww

As well as character PVs for Yaya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAZGIqrj5o

and Charlotte:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ40dEIwxlY

CG looks stupid but show looks like it might be fun overall.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Oh my god.
OH MY GOD

Unbreakable Machine-Doll PV3 with a preview of Hitomi Harada's OP song "Anicca":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rNH7VRcww

As well as character PVs for Yaya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAZGIqrj5o

and Charlotte:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ40dEIwxlY

CG looks stupid but show looks like it might be fun overall.
Much intrested .. no problem with the art style and no problem with the setting or the voices.. i guess i'll enjoy this one.

Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You 02

Nhfxv8Vl.jpg

ARE YOU ACTUALLY IMOUTO?

Besides that, I did have some amusement of seeing Hayate get beaten to a non-bloody plump and the evolution of the sportscasters.

Bear in mind that a lot of things won't make sense if you haven't read the manga from now on ( tne mangaka even joke about this in the manga)

cajunator

Banned
Weird part is I actually agree with him.

I think it's also that a large portion of Fujoshis buy disks just to get event tickets and such so it just works out cheaper that way if you buy DVD.

I actually think that it being normal length would have done wonders to save this OVA. IT being nonsensical wouldn't have been a problem had it not begun to outlive its welcome.

So the OVA is longer than the actual show was? The short length worked for Muromi's frenetic humor and pacing, but I dont think a longer format is suitable for it.

What the hell?

Yeah, those are Ruroo character designs all right. The general face-shapes and expressions look like they stepped straight out of OreShura. Which is a good thing because I kind of love that style.

Mini-dragon on the shoulder just makes me think of Pina from SAO, though.

So THATS where I recognize it from. Those are very distinctive eye designs and it is most definitely from the designer of the Oreshura characters. Very soft and rounded features and very very cute!

NeoGaf has a disliking for things that begin with W and end with mote for no good reason whatsoever.

Oh damn...thats well played.

That reminds me of what I saw in a store the other day:

No amount of cute would make me eat natto curry >_<

Gargantia - 14

It wasn't a bad episode , i just wasn't expecting that kind of story to be told.

Amy being scared and getting close to ledo was alright.

Ridget past was good.

Suisei%20no%20Gargantia%20Episode%2014%20OVA.jpg

Ledo sure is popular , lol ...

There is nothing else to add i think.

cnet128

Banned
This talk of peaches and melons is starting to sound a little lewd.

Zeroshiki's avatar seems remarkably appropriate either way, though.

No amount of cute would make me eat natto curry >_<

Yeah...natto alone is honestly kinda gross. Had it like once with my host family when was on exchange to Japan. Out of respect I never said that I didn't like it, but they could tell anyway. Never had it again for the next 8 months of my stay.

On a side note...I really miss living over there :(.

Nichijou End
Fairly solid and funny series. I'm surprised there was real character development in this series. I especially like how Nano
comes to terms with her screw
. I think my favorite segments are those flying kingdom segments though.

Mawaru Penguindrum 6-10
Liking how it changed from being very ridiculous to having a deep real story. Ringo's development is particularily interesting. The episode revolving Himari's past is great. Even though it has a serious story, its comedic sections are fantastic. Those penguins are just so funny. Seizon Senryaku is still the best. I'm looking forward to next week

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When the only thing smellier than a food is something called "smelly tofu," that's when you truly know it's inedible.

And by inedible, I mean you can't walk within five feet of it without wanting to throw-up.

The stuff they sell here, which still stinks but isn't too terrible, is delicious.

I don't think I could go to a store in China or Taiwan that specializes in the stuff though. Fermenting for weeks/months sounds like a recipe for disaster. lol

Dragon Ball Z : Battle of gods

THIS WAS ALRIGHT

First, i wasn't expecting the amout of comedy in this movie , in a way that was refreshing.
Second, i liked the antagonist.. Despite his title, there was more humanity in this ennemy than numerous dragon ball foes , especially in movie form .
Third , aside from few scenes with obvious CG, the animation was really good, i loved how ironic that they started fighting in a city yet there was no casuality because
both characters avoided building & people

This was enjoyable , much more than i expected , especially these days after i've grown up since my DBZ childhood days.

Tenumi

Banned
Yes! Pretty Cure 5: 14

I'll be honest, I was only partly paying attention to this episodes. But there was something about them needing to find new balls because the old ones were all used up and broke.

Also, Cure Mint, Protection shields are not attacks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom