• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 15

Dem feels. Seki-sensei is still best teacher. And Aiko finally gets in touch with her mother. Feeeeeeeeeels.

Lurky

Watamote 7

Well at least this episode didn't make me sad. It was still very cringe worthy though. Why did I decide to marathon this? It's so damn hard to get past an episode.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Majestic Prince 8

Man I needed some of this high octane action. This show has me entertained basically all the time. And I love it.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - Episode 80

That last scene was a little bit too much for me. I heard that the Chimera Ant arc was really bloody and violent, but I didn't know it was this bad. I kinda hope this arc ends fast because this arc deems a little much for me at the moment.

May want to brace yourself because it gets worse and will last quite a while. It's the longest arc in the series.

Senyu (Part 2) Episode 25 – The Hero Makes a Choice

Aw that was a really interesting episode, funny too.
though was sad when Alba reached out to ros but all we saw was the missed scarf :(

Senyuu 25

rVsnH7wl.jpg

The perfect way to end the final boss fight.

if we are talking about the fujoshi garbage this season...i don't know what the incentive to improve would be when it sells as is. what you are even talking about with "male-perspective"/"female-perspective"?

I just re-read the post I initially made that comment towards and realized I interpreted it in a different way than the writer probably intended.

I'll start again from the beginning then.

By male and female perspective oriented shows I mean shows that approach the content from the perspective of a male or female viewer. In this case we're talking about things like male harem shows or "fujoshi garbage".

A majority of these shows you could probably classify as "cheap fun" or garbage as you put it however it's clear that a good number of people enjoy them despite not having the high quality that you might be looking for in a show.

I don't believe these shows endanger ambitious or high quality shows from existing so I don't see any problems with expanding the audience to include more female viewers as well. (Not saying that they couldn't watch before just that it might be more interesting now with more shows geared towards females).

Senyu 25

Haha that was perfect, how many more episodes are left of this season?

Sunday Without God 11

Wow this episode was pretty exciting all the way around. Dee's character is truly pretty sad
She wants to continue to live in a the lie/loop world just so she can be close to Alis despite knowing she can never really be with him. Then the double whammy of not only hearing Alis say he'd sacrifice someone to save classroom 3-4 and realizing she's on the NTR path and Ai took Alis

I also really enjoyed Alis view on wishes in a world where all wishes come true, kind of confirmed my suspicions on what's really going on not just in
3-4's world but in all the worlds we've seen so far in this story.

Can't wait to see how the final episode plays out, I'll post my full thoughts and opinions on the series after that.

Wouldn't that just be a male power fantasy though?

Confirmed. Being a slut whore really IS empowering. Suck it anti-sex feminists.

Watamote 11

Yup, still the feel good show of the season for me.

Tomoko's unfounded determination is easily my favorite part of the show. As long as they don't arbitrarily have her give up and be content with things as they are or kill herself or something then I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with whatever ending we get next episode.

May want to brace yourself because it gets worse and will last quite a while. It's the longest arc in the series.

Darn. Well at least the fighting seems to get better each episode. If there's one thing I love about shows like HxH and One Piece is seeing the protagonists grow, and this anime does a fine job at showing that.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I just re-read the post I initially made that comment towards and realized I interpreted it in a different way than the writer probably intended.

I'll start again from the beginning then.

By male and female perspective oriented shows I mean shows that approach the content from the perspective of a male or female viewer. In this case we're talking about things like male harem shows or "fujoshi garbage".

A majority of these shows you could probably classify as "cheap fun" or garbage as you put it however it's clear that a good number of people enjoy them despite not having the high quality that you might be looking for in a show.

I don't believe these shows endanger ambitious or high quality shows from existing so I don't see any problems with expanding the audience to include more female viewers as well. (Not saying that they couldn't watch before just that it might be more interesting now with more shows geared towards females).
the world would be better off without either

the world would be better off without either

I can understand why you would say that however I'm trying to approach this from a realistic position.

I'm all for having better shows in general but it's just not in the cards.

It seems to be a rule across storytelling mediums that the minority of works will be high quality while the majority will not be able to reach the standards set by the minority.

I can understand why you would say that however I'm trying to approach this from a realistic position.

I'm all for having better shows in general but it's just not in the cards.

It seems to be a rule across storytelling mediums that the minority of works will be high quality while the majority will not be able to reach the standards set by the minority.

So pretty much Sturgeon's Law then. With the overwhelming amount of media being made these days I'm pretty happy with only a tenth of it being worthwhile.

Silver Spoon 6

Finally decided to get back on this series, seeing Hachiken work on Mikage's farm and learn more about the world he's in was fantastic. I'm going to be so furious if Hachiken and Mikage don't get together sometime during or at the end of the series.

Gintama Episode 24 – Cute Faces Are Always Hiding Something

Started off pretty bad but once the father (mom?) son plot going it became really touching, sweet, and memorable. I hope there are more like these.

wonzo

Banned
I don't get the hate for Watamote here. She is supposed to be socially ill.
Yeah, it's a never ending self-reinforcing downward spiral and the only thing that's gonna change it is some sever intervention which I doubt will ever happen.
To hell with Pizza Hut, that shit's unhealthy for you

How about a promotional campaign with Majestic Prince to sell, uh... grapes. Yeah, grapes.
http://www.lake-style.com/grape/
*picks MJP back up*

CorvoSol

Gundam Age, no wait I think this fucking shit is victory and this is like the fucking 23 episode maybe?

The point is this is a bad show. "Be sure to not be the one to fire the first shot!" THEY'RE SHOOTING YOU NOW. THEY'VE FIRED LIKE SIXTY FIRST SHOTS. You wouldn't even be in danger, though, if you'd told Martina to tough it out with her STOMACHE ACHE AND FEVER OH NO SHE IS DYING. How does a show about "you gotta make tough choices in a war!" somehow not include "sometimes risking one little girl's death is wiser than taking an entire group of people and a super experimental super Gundam-type MS INTO THE ENEMY'S TERRITORY."? I mean come ONNNNNNNNNN. I know everyone makes dumb decisions in Gundam but give me a break! You people shouldn't even BE there, who authorized this expedition because it sure as hell wasn't Jin Gehenam. Normal kids usually don't casually threaten to kill someone at sword point. And I mean casually, Uso was hella relaxed about shoving a beam saber into a guy. Oh and a mobile armor. Those have always managed to beat Gundams and not proven that Spacenoid empires have fucking morons for engineers. Oh what the hell the Zanscare Z looks just like the one on Zero's shoulders and also the one employed by Zaft. What the Hell.

How am I going to get through another 25 episodes of this?

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 01

The show is a little darker than i anticipated but still bright .

And there were 3 cute sisters in the preview that might be very cute.

At this point past the "opening" i'm expecting lots of action ...and what happenned to the "cousin" that was murdered ? did everyone forgot ?

Lurky

Watamote 8

Whoa did she just call her friend a bitch? And then she cheats in a children's card game against children? What a bitch. She tries way too hard to be part of a group that she hates. At least her mom and cousin are awesome though. Actually the rest of her family is pretty cool. This is almost exactly how I would imagine a Family Guy spin-off starring Meg would be like.

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 01

The show is a little darker than i anticipated but still bright .

And there were 3 cute sisters in the preview that might be very cute.

At this point past the "opening" i'm expecting lots of action ...and what happenned to the "cousin" that was murdered ? did everyone forgot ?

Episode 2 will answer that for you but if you want to know now
yes, people killed as Daemonia are basically wiped from existence

Silver Spoon 7

Legit laughed hard multiple times this episode, most of the stuff with Tamako's family was hysterical. The final scene with Hachiken and Mikage talking by the river was very well written and felt real.

Syrinx

Monogatari S2 7

Araragi forgot about his summer homework, so he decides to have Shinobu manipulate time and space so he can go back in time and complete it. Real responsible use of the powers at your disposal, buddy. Anyway they went too far back, and I guess this means he'll be encountering Hachikuji back before she died and became a ghost.

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 02
Waouh ....
This show is not the happy go lucky story i get usually when a girl transform to get powers to fight evil.
Gen%27ei%20o%20Kakeru%20Taiyou%20-%20Il%20Sole%20Penetra%20le%20Illusioni%20-%2002.jpg

3 ! 3 mascots for the price of one ...
It's the exact opposite.

So , ok for the first episode, very good for the second ..
Second episode did give me lots of explanations for the things that were on my mind after seeing the first episode.

Battles are ok so far ...i'm liking the characters too.
This is good stuff.

Instro

Dat feel of being caught up on the weekly anime you've been watching. I wonder if I should start Uchoten Kazoku now or just wait till its finished.

Silver Spoon 8

Watching Hachiken wrestle with himself over his mistake with the milk was, again, a really powerful scene. It's hard to write about Silver Spoon without giving it just glowing praise it's that good of a series.

Hachiken's brother was not at all what I was expecting, it's funny how much of a complete opposite he is and how much his existence has impacted Hachiken.

Watamote - 11

Is this show trying to imply that fujoshi are somewhat bisexual?

Jokes aside, this was adorable, I hope this emboldens Tomoko try to have a conversation with committee girl.

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 03

Some aspect of the plot are very close to madoka magica...

And there is a crow and a cat that are fishy as hell ..

I kinda liked the conclusion of this episode , in he fact that there isn't a miracle way to save them and that their sacrifice is set & unavoidable. It's also intresting to see the ennemy as a plague , a disease rather than just something evil to fight against..

Overall there is plenty of good thing in this show and i like th fact that it's much better so far than i could have imagined looking at the show from afar.

Lurky

Watamote 9

Wow I don't know whether to pity her or to hate her. The show isn't even about her trying to become popular anymore.

Well the flooded carpet scenario continues to get worked on, at the expense of potential infections, TV being further away, cluttering one side of the room and can't see the TV properly, and a loud ass fan to make it difficult to hear.

More things to hold off on. Lovely...... -_-

Kingdom s2 episode 12
wangben1_by_tristtrist-d6mqila.gif

Wang Ben is so good, mowing down foes like theres litrally no tomorrow. If only he could actually make it through. The other two groups ought to make it into the castle though I cant imagine how they can scale the walls. Good episode.

Syrinx

Well the flooded carpet scenario continues to get worked on, at the expense of potential infections, TV being further away, cluttering one side of the room and can't see the TV properly, and a loud ass fan to make it difficult to hear.

Is this because of a pipe bursting or appliance breaking? Or is it weather related? Either way, good luck.

Silver Spoon 9

It's funny to see how much Hachiken's situation at school has changed despite him being the fish out of water character in the beginning. It really has been a pleasure watching his character grow. It's funny I know this isn't the last episode of the season but in some ways it felt like one.

Tenumi

Banned

I feel for you. A guy that I usually watch stream on twitch, lived in a dorm. His bathroom started acting up, until it finally started letting loose the contents of the bowels of the pipes. Turns out that the girls upstairs were flushing tampons.

So, uh.... moral of the story, don't flush tampons.
I think I went off on a random topic a bit there....

Is this because of a pipe bursting or appliance breaking? Or is it weather related? Either way, good luck.

Appliance breaking. Happened early Saturday morning before I went to bed, but I thought it was the mini fridge being dumb. Oh man was I horribly wrong.

I feel for you. A guy that I usually watch stream on twitch, lived in a dorm. His bathroom started acting up, until it finally started letting loose the contents of the bowels of the pipes. Turns out that the girls upstairs were flushing tampons.

So, uh.... moral of the story, don't flush tampons.
I think I went off on a random topic a bit there....

Flushed tampons topic GO

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 16

Hana is so fucking funny, I swear. And now she's mobile and can crawl on walls and ceilings and shit. And she crawls around the most at night. Good luck taking care of her now.

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 04

i take back almost everything i said about the ennemy in my previous comment ...

This episode was a prime example of how to make an human fall from the bad guy perspective.. with some insight on what is the base of this anime rule ( tarot ).

As a result it was a godo episode and we clearly saw how that poor girl was tempted and left without a choice.

Gen%27ei%20o%20Kakeru%20Taiyou%20-%20Il%20Sole%20Penetra%20le%20Illusioni%20-%2004.jpg

This is paint , right ? right ? i'm not sure

I was expecting the fact that she could learn the voices to be an asset in order to gain more clues ..the in practise you have to get past all the ager and resentment first and that's not easy.
Blue girl is actually right , so is green girl . Both are right for plenty of different reasons , even if i think that "blue" just doesn't want to face her past too .

So far the casting has been quite balanced , each girl with her own squelletton in her closet and seeing anime being is clear about it is a nice change.
When talking about explicit things there was a boy that died in a very painfull way , "final destination" style i must say ...

But the most intringing part was without a doubt the end of the episode.

Not only
this isn't a plague but something caused by a clear antagonist but at the bottom of teh iceberg there is even more human trying to get more in this mess ???
Damn that was unexpected....and we still have looked at the matter of the MC mother death ..and where is the father ? that's odd no grave ? no mention ? did he fall prey to the ennemy ? is that why the previous sun user is dead ? i'm just throwing theories out loud but there is another angle of this whole mess that i hope will be covered at one point.

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 04

Not only
this isn't a plague but something caused by a clear antagonist but at the bottom of teh iceberg there is even more human trying to get more in this mess ???
Damn that was unexpected....and we still have looked at the matter of the MC mother death ..and where is the father ? that's odd no grave ? no mention ? did he fall prey to the ennemy ? is that why the previous sun user is dead ? i'm just throwing theories out loud but there is another angle of this whole mess that i hope will be covered at one point.

Addressed in the newest episode

Canaan 1-13

The first episode was amazing, and then it feels like the writers just took the story and started rearranging it just for fun. Like 4-5 episodes in I still had no idea wtf was going on. None of it made sense until the final 4 or so episodes. The relationship between Canaan and the main heroine Maria is never really elaborated on more than a handful of times at best; Maria spent the whole time being an annoying moetard who needed saving constantly, Canaan fired her gun and ranted about Maria. And the ending was pretty much shit sauce on an already downward slope into the abyss. Not to mention the amount of plot holes are so abundant that it feels like someone took a flat head screw driver and just started punching holes in the script just for shits and giggles.

The whole thing was a major letdown. This is the last time I watch something based on recommendations from friends :/

Lurky

Watamote 10

What the hell? They're not even trying to make it funny anymore! It's just her doing sad things and being a sad person but without the comedy sprinkled all over it now. =[

Addressed in the newest episode
Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 05
Well i'm glad they aren't wasting time withsubplots with no interest.and getting to the point .

SO this episode did 2 things ... confirm my deduction from before and devellop our temperance girl with some backstory both were done well ..
Gen%27ei%20o%20Kakeru%20Taiyou%20-%20Il%20Sole%20Penetra%20le%20Illusioni%20-%2005.jpg

Hard to believe this is the face of evil.
Antagonist is such a problematic ennemy but so far he does his job right ..

Is it me or is green haired girl showing some SERIOUS SDBURTON signs toward our main heroine ?

Anyway, i somehow regret not watching this show earlier... it's really good the chemistry between the characters is very good, it's well animated and the plot is there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom