• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
.hack/Ssign episode 18
Crap, I switched to the dub around episode 15 only to just now realize 2 of my favorite voice actors are in this dub, wish I had watched it from the start.
Bear is Paul Mercier (Resident Evil 4 Leon)
Subaru is Kim Mai Guest (Mei-ling from Metal Gear)

Servant x Service 01

cRtI5Ttl.jpg

Finally an use for all those damn files.

I love the OP. I really love the look of it.

A pretty amusing first episode. I like the office humor and I warmed up to the characters pretty easily.

Articalys

Oh wow -- two of Crunchyroll's new catalog titles are the first and second seasons of Kaiji!

wy8q7Ul.png

Also, Genshiken Nidaime is now on the simulcast list.

We just added Genshiken Season 2 to our summer simulcast lineup. We will be announcing the launch date/time at a later date but it will be available in the following teritories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and Central and South America.

We are also adding both seasons for KAIJI: Kaiji Ultimate Survivor & Kaiji Against All Rules. Season 1 & 2 is available to all premium members* while free users can enjoy 12 episodes today will a roll-out of 8 episodes/week. KAIJI is available in the following terrirotires: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, the Carribeans, and South/Central America.

cajunator

Banned
Finished Toradora last night, now i have that post anime depression after you finish a really good show.

I know that feel all too well. Its so bittersweet, because you just watched something really special and now there is no more of it. See also Steins Gate, MAdoka Magica, Kinos journey, Haibane Renmei, etc.

I'm scared... I finally got Toradora. Someday I'll watch it... but I'm afraid of the feels.

Something Something Backlog Something

Toradora is wellllll worth your time.

Articalys

Selected tidbits from the Mari Okada panel at AX (via @gendomike):
It's embarassing to write love scenes sometimes...like when
Taiga and Ryuji kiss a lot at the end of Toradora
. (Toradora spoilers)

re: True Tears: Hiromi was modeled off herself in high school. Noe was what she wanted to be.

Apparently PA Works has a tatami room for overnight stays.

Anohana was her first really original story. Thinking about the memory makes her want to cry.

Nagai and her were about the same age when they started working on Toradora. She related to Ryuji being raised by a single mom.

On Hourou Musuko: she loved the original story. Good to work on sexuality/gender issues; she has friends struggling with them.

Suigintou is her favorite Rozen Maiden girl.

She wants to make more AKB0048, and this time incorporating the 'graduation' concept into the next season (if there is one)

Loved Lupin since childhood. Loved the original 1st season which was "very cool," and was drawing from that in her version

She sees herself in Jintan in Anohana. Normally she doesn't use real people as character models though.

cajunator

Banned
It's not even so much the feels, it's just "holy shit this show was so good, but now it's done, when am i going to find a show this good again?" Same thing happened with Steins;Gate for me recently.

Steins Gate was definitely another. Especially after the Omake episode. I just sat there like...WOW. And then I rewatched it about a week later :D
I think I also immediately went online and looked for Kurisu figurines.

Jebus, Kaleid Liner have such a grotesque chara design.. may your eyes still can be saved if watching that.

It really isnt very pleasing design

Hm, I wonder if this was in any way intentional? Naaaaaaah.

No way man. The arrangement of the title is PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu 01

I was pretty indifferent to this show during its first stretch but it won me over in the last third with the action scene. The show has enough flavor to get by on, embraces what it wants to be about, and delivers on that at least. The music was astonishingly good, being reactive and catchy in a way that amplifies the personality of most scenes. Now that most of the lame intro stuff is out of the way this show might be pretty fun.

It's no GuP but it's way better than Upotte.

Fully agree on all fronts. Its not the excellence that GuP was but it feels better made than Upotte which felt really cheap. Cute but cheap. Character designs are way better.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So now we know why Jason (of blogsuki) has been away for so long.

He was getting married (to one of his readers no less).

(And, yes, this is my first post as a married man. My wife and I met because of this blog. She started reading it years ago. We would chat about stupid points in anime like whether or not Eden of the East‘s Saki was “frumpy” or about ponytails, and we quickly became friends. She became this blog’s Fashion Czar. She became my girlfriend. And now my wife. But for this blog, she’ll always be the Fashion Czar.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom