• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
But all that movement and dirt is not good for their uniforms.

Its anime. Those uniforms are probably impervious to everything but a nuclear attack.

By the way, Sentai's started licensing this season's shows today, beginning with Stella Women’s Academy High School Division Class C3.

Sentai already getting on my happy list today.

Oh, missed this earlier. New key visual from Newtype for Akuma no Riddle that I don't think was around when I posted info before:

Can't find any info on who it lists as series composition, Yasuko Yoshimura (吉村靖子), but the character design is Naomi Ide, who also worked on Mondaiji.

Earlier staff mentioned:
Director: Keizou Kusakawa (Nanona A's/Strikers/1st/2nd, Sekirei, Mondaiji, Dog Days S1)
Production: Diomedia (Campione, Mondaiji, Squid Girl)

Mondaiji staff? Fuckin sold!

The key visual gives me Noir vibes.

I'm interested!

It does looks like a pose Ive seen for Mireille and Kirika. Her sock kinda looks gun-like at first glance too.

Servant x Service 01

cRtI5Ttl.jpg

Finally an use for all those damn files.

I love the OP. I really love the look of it.

A pretty amusing first episode. I like the office humor and I warmed up to the characters pretty easily.

I do love office humor! Get plenty of that at work!

Ouch, what did Branduil get put on temporary leave for?

I dunno but Im sad now :(

cajunator

Banned
She is my number 2.

Hell yes.

You have great tastes, AWESOMEBEAR

Its why I don't post about, or rather like sports. Too much seriousness, not enough moe.

Tim Tebow was moe!

At least there's Taishou Yakyuu Musume.

Kamisama blessed us with that show <3
So enjoyable I even liked baseball for a short time. But very short.

9rY44MEl.jpg

pMaOzmxl.jpg

GLOBAL

IDOL

CULTURE

What is this? What in the hell?

Kurita

Since we're talking about animu and football I wanted to mention Eyeshield 21.
But the anime version sucks balls so I won't.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I just used the Desert Rover arc from Space Brothers as an example of how genuine dissent can benefit a group in my Management final. Who says anime teaches you nothing?

It's been a while since I watched anything. Gurren Lagann can take a lot out of you. Nothing this season so far has captured my interest. Except for the two magical girl shows airing tomorrow.

I'm thinking of getting into Symphogear. It's got an interesting Sci-Fi fantasy look, which thanks to Gurren Lagann I'm an even bigger fan of. Since it's got another season starting up I'm thinking giving the first season a shot. What's the general consensus on it here AnimeGAF?

Danganronpa the Animation 01

quUZPB9l.jpg

So I have never played the games so I'll be going into this blind but I am enjoying it mostly so far. The premise is interesting and I do like the extremely wide variety in the cast.

The show looks very stylish which I pretty like. I also really like the ED so pluses on that.

Kinda don't want to pick favorites already since I already expect them to die a horrible death so I'll refrain from that. I also expect my least favorite characters will survive much longer than I want them like in Devil Survivor 2 so how fun that'll fun be.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Symphogear G 1:

I don't even know why I'm watching this because I didn't even like the first season and I can't remember anything other than something something villain wanted to crash the moon into the earth. Still, in every since, this season feels like a seamless continuation of the first, not only in a narrative sense--yet another dumb genocidal villain, Hibiki is genki, Tsubasa is angsty, Chris is tsundere--but in a production sense. Lots of gross filters, a muddy-looking night battle, janky art and animation. Perhaps it's a bit worse in that, even though the show decided once again to have a concert scene in the opener, this one didn't even throw the viewer the bone of a rotoscoped choreography sequence. Needless to say, the IDOL CULTURE quotient still remains very high and, unfortunately for me, the conceit of the characters needing to sing idol songs to power themselves up in combat remains.

committed to watching, of course

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Eyeshield 21 might be the best manga featuring a sport, but it's definitely not the best manga about a sport.

That title probably goes to All Rounder Meguru.

Danganronpa the Animation 01

http://i.imgur.com/quUZPB9l.jpg[/IG]

So I have never played the games so I'll be going into this blind but I am enjoying it mostly so far. The premise is interesting and I do like the extremely wide variety in the cast.

The show looks very stylish which I pretty like. I also really like the ED so pluses on that.

Kinda don't want to pick favorites already since I already expect them to die a horrible death so I'll refrain from that. I also expect my least favorite characters will survive much longer than I want them like in Devil Survivor 2 so how fun that'll fun be.[/QUOTE]

Characters die in this? I thought it was a school anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom