• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion 1

So um...holy shit. I was not expecting this at all. Amazing OP, great animation, great music, just generally high production values everywhere...wow. And the story wasted no time getting dark as shit. Honestly I'm kinda blown away. I don't know if they can keep this level of quality up for the whole series, but I certainly hope they do. I know I had my reservations about this show, but this first episode was so good that that's all been nullified. Can't wait for next week now.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion 1

So um...holy shit. I was not expecting this at all. Amazing OP, great animation, great music, just generally high production values everywhere...wow. And the story wasted no time getting dark as shit. Honestly I'm kinda blown away. I don't know if they can keep this level of quality up for the whole series, but I certainly hope they do. I know I had my reservations about this show, but this first episode was so good that that's all been nullified. Can't wait for next week now.

Screw this, gonna watch it on my phone during my lunch break.

LordCanti

Monogatari 01

Yes. In my veins. Dat
crying Hitagi-san...MOEEEEEEEEE. Hanekawa-san's house....alsoooo moeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..ru.

Chronoexe

Have you tried playing it with Warcraft?

Oh Kayos, your super moe avatar is killing me

Now say oniiiiii- chan

image.php

Day Break Illusion - 1

Damn that was dark! But exciting!

That atmosphere in a magical girl show! Talk about suspenseful! The animation was also something else. Those vibrant dark colors in the opening, and the occasional flickering really sets up some kind of scare factor. The music certainly helps it there.

I hope this show keeps it up. If things go well, we may very well be looking at the next Madoka Magica.

cnet128

Banned
Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou 1

Wasn't going to watch this until later today, but since everyone was getting hype, I checked it out.

OP/ED: 7/10
Lolitasticness: 8/10
Animation: 9.5/10
Darkness:
闇
闇
闇
闇
闇
闇
闇
闇
闇
闇
/10
Hype: 9001/10
Anime: Saved/10

il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion Episode 1 – Dark Spot of the Sun

Wow the one random anime I decide to try thats out of my usual and it ends up being pretty awesome honestly. The music is one of the most memorable parts
when it does its thing midway through when we started getting those various dark imagery and then when it seems to imply some type of horror or thriller type aspects.
. Midway though to the end was stunning
the fire skills and everyone else as well as the antagonist designs
and honestly so far, easily the surprise of the season so far for me. Its no Free!...but I think it might be one of the better anime running...Team red...

So any of these new season anime OP's or ED's stick out to anyone yet? I personally see 2 so far, which is ok I guess.

Free! has best OP and ED (Rage On! and Splash Free are unforgettable).
il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion has a good song for the OP

Hakkenden has Faylan and Blood Lad has May'n so both ought to be memorable too.

LordCanti

So I watched the original series but not either of the sequel series, should I watch those before watching this?

You should probably watch them both or you won't know what is going on. You could get away without watching Nekomonogatari, but you won't know exactly where Hanekawa-san is coming from if you do. Most of Nisemonogatari is available on Crunchyroll I think. One or two episodes of Nekomonogatari and the premiere episode of Monogatari Season 2 can be found on Daisuki.net (the official streaming site for the show I guess).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so this is LttP, but I started watching Samurai Champloo properly for the first time - I'd seen a few episodes before and appreciated it but never really followed it up. However, the dynamic fights thread showed some good .gifs and I thought I'd catch up. I just want to say, Episode 14 is one of the greatest anime episodes I have ever seen. Mugen's near death scene, and the ending in particular are just godly. The drum beat is he approaches Koka and the tension and poignancy of that scene are incredible. This show reminds me so much of Bebop, and to be honest I can't put much between them at their best.

BlackJace

Higashi no Eden 4-7

Still really interested so far. It's a damn shame the series is so short. And this show seems to have an obsession with "johnnies", my god lol.

Free! has best OP and ED (Rage On! and Splash Free are unforgettable).
il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion has a good song for the OP

Hakkenden has Faylan and Blood Lad has May'n so both ought to be memorable too.

The Blood Lad OP is going to be amazing. Even in the PV it sounded great. Also the Free OP was pretty good too, I like rock so it was right up my alley.

Rozen Maiden's OP and ED are fantafabulous.

I just listened to the OP for that, it was kind of a horror-like song. It kinda reminded me of Princess Resurrection's ED which was great also.

Monogatari S2 - Nekomonogatari White 01

I heard about a
change in narrator happening in the series but I didn't know it happened here
, I'm pleasantly surprised. Considering the OP and at least this episode Cajun needs to fix his lack of hype for this immediately.

- :SDburton is through the roof.
- Arararagi and Hanekawa are the only ones confirmed to
be able to see Mayoi
so far right?
-
RIP in peace roomba.
Disturbing uncensored image within!
- feels sooooo good to know all about golden week having read Kizu.

il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion

Well it certainly didn't waste time with its first episode, and it was pretty dark as well.
There's strangle the loli fetish going on in this episode. What happened to the other girl living with her? She was pretty much killed, and then the day repeated as if nothing happened?

Well I can certainly say I wasn't expecting this one to be on my list.

e_i

Monogatari Second Season episode 1

Wow...goddamn. Bakemono is back motherfuckers. It's back with avengence. Fantastic voice acting and just everything. But...fuck you Shinbo was not showing us THAT scene. You suck. *facetongue*

Monogatari Second Season episode 1

Wow...goddamn. Bakemono is back motherfuckers. It's back with avengence. Fantastic voice acting and just everything. But...fuck you Shinbo was not showing us THAT scene. You suck. *facetongue*

What was the scene she was talking about being skipped anyway?

il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion

Well it certainly didn't waste time with its first episode, and it was pretty dark as well.
There's strangle the loli fetish going on in this episode. What happened to the other girl living with her? She was pretty much killed, and then the day repeated as if nothing happened?

Well I can certainly say I wasn't expecting this one to be on my list.

I think what happened was
she was retroactively erased from reality so no one remembers her and Akari doesn't have to deal with the fact she inadvertently killed her cousin... until later probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom