• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Hmm. That's an interesting idea, and I'm tempted to do the same. I've heard vague suggestions in the past that knowledge of Kizu is almost a prerequisite for appreciating Monogatari Second Season, but does anyone know how accurate that really is?

My only worry is that I'd feel too awkward jumping straight in to the novel series with Kizu, so I'd probably have to read the two volumes of Bake first, and reading through three whole light novels would be a fairly big time sink >.>

But...why would you skip the best part??

I just watched Bake and Nise and pretty much made do with those the best I could. It worked well enough for me. Im sure Im missing some information but it probably aint much.
To be honest though, aside from enjoying the shows I couldnt really explain what went on very well to another person lol.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
relevant to this thread: Danganronpa localization announced by NISA. whoa

e: the game, not the show.

Genshiken Nidaime 1

Its going to take a bit to get use to the new voice actors but otherwise this is the same Genshiken I know and love. The Bake references were a little weird though.

cajunator

Banned
Another currently airing show goes to Sentai as they add Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya to their license collection.

Ill probably end up getting this despite my hangups with the character design. Because its cute mahou shoujo. Its heart is in the right place.

Genshiken Nidaime 1

Its going to take a bit to get use to the new voice actors but otherwise this is the same Genshiken I know and love. The Bake references were a little weird though.

So many mixed messages with this new show. Ill just have to see for myself. (whenever that is)

Articalys

The Bake references were a little weird though.
Those were all there in the original manga too, for what it's worth.

My Genshiken history is weird -- I've never fully read the original series or watched the first two seasons, yet I'm following the Nidaime manga. So I don't have much to compare it too but I though it was alright.

Also, this:
BrlilUo.png
got me good. Love a bit of fourth-wall breaking, even if in just the preview.

The Office: Moe Moe Kyun Edition 1

I think the writers have really lost the plot now that Steve Carell is gone. How did we end up in Japan all of a sudden? Well it was still enjoyable I guess either and Jim is still his usual douchey self. He and this new Lucy girl seemed to hit it off. I can already see the writers forcing another love triangle into the the Jim and Pam relationship. How many times does that make it? And it seems like Pam isn't even around anymore! Poor Pam. :(

Articalys

*whew* What a rush! Okay, details time...

Silver Spoon, TWGOK, Makai Ouji, and Uchoten Kazoku will all be true simulcasts, within a few hours of their TV airings. Watamote will have just over a half-day delay, and Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi will have a three delay.

Updating the chart I made yesterday -- never though CR would announce this much today...
Kingdom S2 (previous season simulcast by Funi)
Tamayura More Aggressive (previous season NOT simulcast)
Love Lab
Symphogear G (previous season simulcast by Funico)
Ro-kyu-bu SS (previous season simulcast by TAN)
--------------------------------
High School DxD New (previous season simulcast by Funico)
Gatchaman Crowds
Kimi no Iru Machi

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Uchouten Kazoku
Blood Lad
Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist
Kaminomi S3 (previous season simulcast by CR)
Watamote

Articalys

Apparently Psycho-Pass S2 just got confirmed at Anime Expo by Mitsuhisa Ishikawa. Or something.

edit: despite the source, might be safest to chalk this up as a rumor for now until something gets formally announced.

duckroll

*whew* What a rush! Okay, details time...

Silver Spoon, TWGOK, Makai Ouji, and Uchoten Kazoku will all be true simulcasts, within a few hours of their TV airings. Watamote will have just over a half-day delay, and Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi will have a three delay.

Updating the chart I made yesterday -- never though CR would announce this much today...

Did Crunchyroll announce 7 shows at once? That's.... impressive! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom