• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, for the benefit of those people who are being sane and not watching Shingeki no Recap, the episode did have one redeeming feature:
ibuujRglNAK4QK.png

For some reason the two in the back reminded me of
kWRr0BC.png

Nudull

Banned
Love Lab - 01
Okay, Anime-GAF, you've convinced me. Despite it's more questionable bits, this was a damn good first episode, and a pretty interesting premise to boot. Definitely getting curious about the next few episodes, now. :3

I'm linking this because it sent me to the emergency room the first time I saw it.

...is it bad that this is making me want to watch it, right now? Because d'aw. c:

CorvoSol

Episode The First

Certainly very colorful with our backgrounds, aren't we? Colorful, maybe not. Artsy. Anyway this ruined city is something out of a Sonic the Hedgehog game. Is that a cat or a rabbit or a Mew or Ryo-ohki from Tenchi Muyo? Don't make a contract with that thing! You don't know where it's been!

I don't know if this OP sounds like a MILLION other anime OPs I've heard recently, or if other anime OPs just sound like this, or if they all sound the same. I dunno, but I swear after awhile some of these kind of just blur together.

Madoka's little brother is so :cajun. Also way to slam the door open, Madoka. Jeebs, can't mom get any sleep? I mean she gotta deal with you brats all day, then daddy gets home and has to have dinner and a quickie and then the next day its this all over again.
Oh snap Madoka's mom is a MILF.
With glorious wideface and a chest flatter than a 13th century view of the world!

Madoka's little bro trying to spear the tomato with juice all over his face is scarier than anything that Attack on Titan has done in weeks.

Can tomatoes feel true fear? Let's ask Roger Smith.

Oh boy Madoka's friends are color coded for my convenience! Now I don't need to know their names! Just Green and Blue. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Eggs again, huh? Madoka's teech needs to take some freaking chill pills. A mysterious transfer student! YOU DON'T SAY!

Also, is it just me or are all the women in this show kinda short? Like, Madoka's mom is barely taller than her. Why is this whole school made of glass? Why is everyone staring? 'S kinda creepy.

Yes, Blue, how could a famous, popular, or talented person ever be a total fucking nutjob, too? The mind reels.

Truly the greatest question of all time.

HOLY SNOT PART OF HIS SCALP IS MISSING. That's not normal for a magical girl show.

BUTTERFLIES. With mustaches! Is that a Faberge Egg? This is a pretty trippy show, visually. If only because the plot is kinda generic so far. Also sort of creepy?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS] 143
Is it me or this arc is very creepy? Am I supposed to take
Chibiusa and Pegasus' blossoming romance as an innocent thing that's supposed to break all barriers and whatnot or is my pedo radar going off for a reason?
Maybe I'm just too judgmental.

Tiger's Eye is a hypocrite, by the way.
It was totally okay for him to bone a little elementary school girl but somehow he looks at Fish Eye in disgust for trying to get it on with a Brazilian youth football star or some crap.
Maybe it's commentary about how deviant tend to look down on other deviant. Enokido orz
Hosodapocalypse taken too far.

P.S. Toei hypes an episode with the premise that the Sailor Senshi will get new powers! Then they don't show a single bit of new stock footage. :/

Episode The First

Certainly very colorful with our backgrounds, aren't we? Colorful, maybe not. Artsy. Anyway this ruined city is something out of a Sonic the Hedgehog game. Is that a cat or a rabbit or a Mew or Ryo-ohki from Tenchi Muyo? Don't make a contract with that thing! You don't know where it's been!

I don't know if this OP sounds like a MILLION other anime OPs I've heard recently, or if other anime OPs just sound like this, or if they all sound the same. I dunno, but I swear after awhile some of these kind of just blur together.

Madoka's little brother is so :cajun. Also way to slam the door open, Madoka. Jeebs, can't mom get any sleep? I mean she gotta deal with you brats all day, then daddy gets home and has to have dinner and a quickie and then the next day its this all over again.
With glorious wideface and a chest flatter than a 13th century view of the world!

Madoka's little bro trying to spear the tomato with juice all over his face is scarier than anything that Attack on Titan has done in weeks.

Oh boy Madoka's friends are color coded for my convenience! Now I don't need to know their names! Just Green and Blue. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Eggs again, huh? Madoka's teech needs to take some freaking chill pills. A mysterious transfer student! YOU DON'T SAY!

Also, is it just me or are all the women in this show kinda short? Like, Madoka's mom is barely taller than her. Why is this whole school made of glass? Why is everyone staring? 'S kinda creepy.

Yes, Blue, how could a famous, popular, or talented person ever be a total fucking nutjob, too? The mind reels.

HOLY SNOT PART OF HIS SCALP IS MISSING. That's not normal for a magical girl show.

BUTTERFLIES. With mustaches! Is that a Faberge Egg? This is a pretty trippy show, visually. If only because the plot is kinda generic so far. Also sort of creepy?

ehlxldaco0l.gif

Episode The First

That reminds me, I need to speed my sister up through the 3 Precure series so I can show her Madoka.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Monogatari s2 01
This was really just terrible in every respect. The show completely barfs all over itself when it comes to setting up situations both with the overarching plot and smaller scenes. This episode completely lacked tension in any respect, even during what should be emotional moments.

On a technical level this show is completely incapable. Unimaginably ugly even for a Shaft show, atrocious CG cages in crudely drawn images. Staring through the bars I am unable to find a unifying visual theme. Colors feel uncoordinated, the visual nightmare becoming all that much more unbearable when the composition and framing are as thoughtful as a baby's messy diaper.

With respects to content it was just uninteresting. Flow between scenes was poor, character interactions never seemed to go anywhere, and the voice acting seemed monotonic. This was draining to watch.

cajunator

Banned

Episode The First

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

*SQUEES

Vecks

Space Brothers - 46

What a weird concept for a character. A guy who is so impatient he basically carries conversations all by himself? And I'm guessing he basically breaks the speed limit all the time and doesn't get pulled over.

I'm kind of losing interest in the show now. Hopefully the next arc will be good, but I really enjoyed the exam stuff in the beginning a lot more.

CorvoSol

Gundam Evolve 2

The CG Gundams are not exactly great, but on the other hand, they don't have that sickening greyish pallor to them that all modern cg mechs do! This was an episode set up as Astonaige, the mechanic for the Argama and Nahel Argama, doing a run down of the Gundam Mk. II. He dedicates it to Kamille Bidan, to whom he wishes
a swift recovery
. The episode includes a test of the Mk. II's capabilities, and considering that Kamille has yet to get his Zeta and the Zeta prototype Hyaku Shiki is not being used (rather Quattro is seen piloting the other Mk. II), one must assume this is early on during Zeta Gundam. Kamille blows up the camera part way through, and apologizes to Astonaige. The episode ends with Kamille's humorous, handwritten statement regarding the matter.

We're adding banners to our impressions now? Sheeeittt

Impressions have changed.

It's not about :corvo, or :firehawk.
It's not even about length, worthwhile critique, or legibility.

It's an endless series of image posts,
made by animufans and gaffers.

Impressions, and its vast consumption of sanity,
has become a rational, well-oiled cavalcade of hype.

Suddenly AAA posting exists. We need to buy more money guys.

I think what set this off was Stump's well put together Eden of the East reviews.

cnet128

Banned
Kin'iro Mosaic 1

KA

WA

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

oh my god this is so cute I don't know if I can handle it somebody please help

After watching the first episode, it seems even more hilarious that Crunchy are calling it "KINMOZA!" That sounds all cool and hip and down with the kids, whereas the actual series feels basically the opposite of that. It's very quaint and relaxed and iyashikei to the max. I love it.

Random thought #1: There was a scene right at the beginning of the episode that was clearly at Heathrow Airport. Hnnnnnghhhhh now I can't wait until I'll be there myself in three weeks. (I relish any opportunity to get out of Germany and back to my family in England.)

Random thought #2: Despite the fact that all the English was of course spoken with a heavy Japanese accent, it bothered me slightly that the accent underneath that Japanese accent was quite clearly American, not English. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ENGLAND DAMMIT, get those American vowels OUT of here. We do not say "Japeeehhhhn".

Kwixotik

So I don't have a lot of experience with anime, but do 50% of them end with the abstract themes of the show suddenly getting personified as weird abominations that destroy Tokyo?

Akira, Serial Experiments Lain (well, not quite, but sort of), Paranoia Agent

Joe Molotov

So I don't have a lot of experience with anime, but do 50% of them end with the abstract themes of the show suddenly getting personified as weird abominations that destroy Tokyo?

No, most of them just have girls accidentally kissing each other then blushing.

50% abstract abominations
30% filler
19% :sdburton
01% Madoka Magica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom