• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

So I don't have a lot of experience with anime, but do 50% of them end with the abstract themes of the show suddenly getting personified as weird abominations that destroy Tokyo?

Akira, Serial Experiments Lain (well, not quite, but sort of), Paranoia Agent

All the best ones end with abstract themes of the show turning into giant robots to punch the living day lights out of something.

Eureka Seven AO 2

Not knowing how this connects to Eureka Seven is frustrating. Especially since every aspect that does connect more or less contradicts the ending to E7.

Wish people would make me a banner for when I do impressions on a show. Ungrateful fuckers, all of you!

Most of my impressions boil down to this anyway:

ymjyR39.gif

Genhiken S2 S3? S4? 01

pmPAE0kl.jpg

Well, that's obvious...

So I think I read the manga chapters that the show is skipping. Maybe. It seems familiar to me, so probably!

The changed voices will take a bit to get used to but this is still just as fun as I remember it being. The new characters seems like they'll add to the show, so I'll look forward to that. Though I'm not used to Ogiue wearing her hair down, so it took me some time to not think she was a different character.

sonicmj1

Kin'iro Mosaic 1

Random thought #2: Despite the fact that all the English was of course spoken with a heavy Japanese accent, it bothered me slightly that the accent underneath that Japanese accent was quite clearly American, not English. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ENGLAND DAMMIT, get those American vowels OUT of here. We do not say "Japeeehhhhn".

Japanese schools teach American English. Textbook CDs all use American accents.

To the victor go the spoils, as they say.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This is the best summer ever. Corvo watching AO and Madoka. Dunno how I feel.

Also, AO is a heaping pile of shit that was only worthwhile as duckroll, myself, Thoraxes, and others had an awesome time theorizing and shit every week.

CorvoSol

I dunno what you guys are talkin' bout. So far Astral Ocean is fine. I'm sure it will deliver and answer my questions. Even if it doesn't live up to its predecessor's considerable reputation.

cajunator

Banned

Also, AO is a heaping pile of shit that was only worthwhile as duckroll, myself, Thoraxes, and others had an awesome time theorizing and shit every week.

Kayos do you love your avatar or just like it?

Thoraxes

It's always great fun to chat with you dudes on that stuff. I enjoyed AO far more probably because of those discussions.

Genhiken S2 S3? S4? 01

pmPAE0kl.jpg

Well, that's obvious...

So I think I read the manga chapters that the show is skipping. Maybe. It seems familiar to me, so probably!

The changed voices will take a bit to get used to but this is still just as fun as I remember it being. The new characters seems like they'll add to the show, so I'll look forward to that. Though I'm not used to Ogiue wearing her hair down, so it took me some time to not think she was a different character.
Do the new voices at least sound similar?

Kwixotik

Up next I've got either:

Kino's Journey
Texhnolyze
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Berserk

or I could say fuck dat shit and watch Twin Peaks or The Sopranos

JCG

I dunno what you guys are talkin' bout. So far Astral Ocean is fine. I'm sure it will deliver and answer my questions. Even if it doesn't live up to its predecessor's considerable reputation.

Let's just say there are some answers in AO to questions that nobody ever wanted to ask.

cnet128

Banned
I'm sure it will deliver and answer my questions.

Possible outcomes of this faith:

a) Questions are never answered in any comprehensible way
b) Questions are answered and you long for the halcyon days when you were blissfully ignorant of these answers
c) You learn the TRUUUUUUTHHHHHH
d) You stop watching the series, and remain galadriel capable of happiness

CorvoSol

Possible outcomes of this faith:

a) Questions are never answered in any comprehensible way
b) Questions are answered and you long for the halcyon days when you were blissfully ignorant of these answers
c) You learn the TRUUUUUUTHHHHHH
d) You stop watching the series, and remain galadriel capable of happiness

I never was good at multiple choice tests.

Glass Fleet 2

I regret this show. Guess Luci Christian gotta work, though.

Are we only considering the ones where they're all still men and haven't been genderswapped?

We can do both. Truth be told, I'm not completely familiar with every Sengoku adaptation under the sun though.

Do the new voices at least sound similar?

Well Madarame definitely sounds different cause you really can't replace Hiyama.

The others kinda sounded 'different' but not that noticeable I guess unless you watch the previous stuff right before this one.

Well Madarame definitely sounds different cause you really can't replace Hiyama.

The others kinda sounded 'different' but not that noticeable I guess unless you watch the previous stuff right before this one.

FukuJun replacing Akira Ishida as Kuchiki sounds pretty different, though it's not like he showed up that often in the first couple seasons.

Defuser

Monogatari ep 1

Dammit Nishio, what do you have against long hair girls that they have to cut it?

Other than that its the same old same old nishio's trolling fetish and play on words. Goddamn on those body curve lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom