• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
High School DxD OVA - 02

gLtT9MT.png

:O

That outfit she was wearing... sweet heavens..

Narag

Dog & Scissors 2

good lord that CG car. dat gonzo magic. I swear the dog looks different every cut ranging from near realistic to cartoony for comedic effect. I understand the occasional art shift but there seems to be little to no standard.

I find this show strangely engaging despite how ugly it is. I've come to believe this is a flaw in my character.

goddess arc sucks.

if it ends up taking up the entire season imma be so P.O'd.

Godess arc doesn't suck , because for once keima was forced to play on multiple targets at once , while keeping everything together , in a very limited timeframe ( not to mention that they kept their memories ).

The arc is quite good ..it just that it will lose impact because we didn't have the arc featuring the important girls first.

Seriously , they should have outputted oavs featuring each important girl and not that set of flashback.. tjhose were great stories ( especially the one where keima get gender swapped )..seeing them like that is a missed opportunity .

cajunator

Banned
Dog & Scissors 2

good lord that CG car. dat gonzo magic. I swear the dog looks different every cut ranging from near realistic to cartoony for comedic effect. I understand the occasional art shift but there seems to be little to no standard.

I find this show strangely engaging despite how ugly it is. I've come to believe this is a flaw in my character.

Your moustache is showing.

MOnogatari Second Season

It's pretty Hanekawa and Senjougahara based, with some Mayoi and only mentions of Araragi. Because of this dynamic, expect a bunch of yuri, with some strange Senjou behavoir (for her). Also huzzah, Hanekawa getting slapped.

Senjougahara's relationship with Hanekawa was always ambiguous, remember that phone call between the two at the beginning of Nisemonogatari?

Is ugly moe a thing? Because I think I really like ugly moe...

With the amount of salt being produced, we should've made fries for the Watamote premiere.

I made fries!

wooooo

Godess arc doesn't suck , because for once keima was forced to play on multiple targets at once , while keeping everything together , in a very limited timeframe ( not to mention that they kept their memories ).

The arc is quite good ..it just that it will lose impact because we didn't have the arc featuring the important girls first.

Seriously , they should have outputted oavs featuring each important girl and not that set of flashback.. tjhose were great stories ( especially the one where keima get gender swapped )..seeing them like that is a missed opportunity .

well i haven't really read the manga so i'll take your word for it.

it just was a little disappointing from the first episode. hopefully things really pick up as it goes on, though.

jgminto

I tried watching the first ep of Devils and Realist. Dropped it when I reached the protag's Christian strawman friend. Fucking hate that shit.

Ojamajo Doremi # - 17

Daaaaaaaaaaw.
Go Atarimeko-chan.
There were more witches than in the last exam , but let's forget them
and put only Hana-chan(dawww) Atarimeko-chan(dawww) and Deki-chan and Dekipaki-chan(are they really witches, there isn't a baby wizard around here?) in another course.

well i haven't really read the manga so i'll take your word for it.

it just was a little disappointing from the first episode. hopefully things really pick up as it goes on, though.

Well you are missing out on all the build up to the Goddess arc. Instead you just get dumped into it and that's about it.

It doesn't follow the laws of physics if that's what you mean.

In a show where everyone is trying to prove the existence of magic and demons to the science loving protag, breaking the rules of physics is only the start.

The world god only knows - godess arc - 01

This episode wasn't bad since it was mostly from the manga , they changed some events , but the content are mostly the same.

It's such a shame that ( as i said before ) We ditched 2 great arcs in order to get to this point .... and just like hayate no gotoku , anime only viewers will often feel lost , because they won't understand everything.

It's a shame because aside from this issue , this episode was quite good and spot-on..however i feel that they won't have enough time to trully show all the good things this arc provides , i feel/fear a rushed job.

The world god only knows - godess arc - 01
It's such a shame that ( as i said before ) We ditched 2 great arcs in order to get to this point .... and just like hayate no gotoku , anime only viewers will often feel lost , because they won't understand everything.

It's a double whammy for anybody who hasn't seen the Tenri-Hen OVA as well as read the manga. I would be so totally lost if I hadn't done some wikiresearch before hand.

Sure, but you don't need to portray the religious populace as dunces.

Yeah, and it's still pretty weird because a good amount of other animes show people at least having some form of religious observance.

Jewelpet Kira Deco 50

Yes! One more shoujo parody before we finish.

Those wacked out proportions! (I cracked up when a hand reached over to Pink's desk and the camera just kept panning to the left across a ridiculously elongated arm.)

That jealous bitch from Aim for the Ace! (It directly parodied the nails in the shoe scene.)

Mmm, I eat this stuff up.

And while the animation was a bit below average, the direction handled
Ruby's presence in Pink's dream world and Pink's gradual remembrance
really well, and ended on a real touching note of friendship. I've lived with these characters for a while and now I really care about them and their fate, which is a high accomplishment for what is mostly an absurdist comedy.

(I was amused that part of the heartwarming message was that being sparkly on the inside matters more than being sparkly on the outside,
stripping away Pink's over decorated fashion in favor of her plain self
, which is a bit at odds with the merchandising purpose of the franchise.)

I'm pumped for the finale!

Nafe

To the extent that
they both became idols to catch the attention of someone that they're searching for
, yeah. The
Starlights
are, of course, much more well-developed.

Yeah, just that
the fact that they were someone who wasn't from Earth but came here and became an idol to try and get the attention of the person they were looking for. Whatever episode or episodes it is again that details a little more of the Starlights past I think helped add to this as well.

Nifey chan do you know where I can find fanart of tin nyanko?

I don't know specifically, sorry. I'd just suggest the usual places that you might visit for now such as Pixiv and other similar art collection sites.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, just that
the fact that they were someone who wasn't from Earth but came here and became an idol to try and get the attention of the person they were looking for. Whatever episode or episodes it is again that details a little more of the Starlights past I think helped add to this as well.

I don't know specifically, sorry. I'd just suggest the usual places that you might visit for now such as Pixiv and other similar art collection sites.

Thankies Nife :D

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The Count of Monte Cristo 9

I love watching the Count plays mind games with his new little group of pawns friends.

This newest, pretty boy dude though...ugh. He's not entertaining at all.

Oh yeah, even Max is picking up on Franz's feelings. ;p

They skipped :

• Tsukiyo Kujyo
  • Minami Ikoma
  • Rieko Hinaga
  • Sumire Uemoto
  • Nanaka Haibara
  • Yui Goido
  • Hinoki Kasuga

the bolded above being the characters where the true loss lies , aka the characters that would have helped the plot to be better IMO

Wow, I didn't know there was THAT many characters they skipped.

In defense of the new season if they had continued with the status quo it would have been another 2 seasons before we got to where we are now.

Chronoexe

They skipped :

• Tsukiyo Kujyo
  • Minami Ikoma
  • Rieko Hinaga
  • Sumire Uemoto
  • Nanaka Haibara
  • Yui Goido
  • Hinoki Kasuga

the bolded above being the characters where the true loss lies , aka the characters that would have helped the plot to be better IMO

Nanaka Haibara? I don't remember her doing something relevant.

Nanaka Haibara? I don't remember her doing something relevant.
She made tenri shine , before the godess arc , tenri was just ....well not that important.

Ok ok i'm kidding , she was one of my favorite character , i bolded her because i like her..we all got our favorites , right ?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I heard that DxD is basically hentai and judging from what I'm seeing it basically seems like hentai to me.... =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom