• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Why is it a hassle. Order something > turns up at your door*

Yeah, sure, sometimes that's how it works. But that depends entirely on where whatever you're ordering is coming from and going to. Since they're asking for an extra $10 to ship outside the US, it sounds likely that this would be an import order, and my experience of importing things to Germany tends to go more like the following:

- Order something
- Wait a significant length of time
- (optional step that happens occasionally) Receive a surprise phone call from Customs complaining in German (god I hate trying to speak German, doubly so on the phone) about how the package hasn't been labelled to their exacting standards and requesting in confusing terms that you send them proof of purchase
- Come home to find a note in your mailbox saying that the package couldn't be delivered because a) you weren't at home, b) there's a Customs charge, c) they didn't feel like giving it to you because they hate you, or d) all of the above.
- Print out proof of purchase since you just know they'll ask for it again
- Traipse halfway across the city in the early hours of the morning to the office where your package is being held (which isn't open at any reasonable times) and pay them money to get them to give it to you
- PACKAGE GET!

Also since the extra fee to ship outside the US implies that the Blu-Ray would be coming from the US, I'm sceptical about whether it would even be the right region for me to be able to play it.

Basically I just want a download because physical things are more trouble than they're worth.

Pooya

Urobuchi needs to do a rewrite but oh fffffuccckkk at the future sakuga.

Delicious Rin into my veins!

-Have him kill Shirou in first 5 minutes during first encounter.
-Bazett is now the protag
-Bazett x Rin yuri galore
-????
-Anime is saved.

The meganebu! character designs are wonderful. Best two. The cast descriptions and etc are nice too.
tumblr_mptt2nOogU1qbxqfpo1_400.png
tumblr_mptt2nOogU1qbxqfpo2_1280.png

Akira Souma (club captain): Kenji Akabane
Mitsuki Kamatani (adorable lil’ brother type who adores Akira.: Kouki Miyata
Takuma Hachimine (‘my pace’ type): Atsushi Tamaru
Yukiya Minabe (mysterious shy boy): Junichi Suwabe
Hayato Kimata (wears glasses for show only): Ryohei Kimura

Well I guess they are colorful...

Okay, here's what's "really going on".

- Today there was a special event screening for the 3D conversion of the first Garden of Sinners movie.

- Humanity6, one of the biggest Typemoon fan sites out there reported the contents of the event including the opening date for Mirai Fukuin and the cast announcements for supporting characters.

- Separately there was a rumor spreading from other people that Ufotable is confirmed to be animating a Fate/Stay Night reboot anime series. One of those people claim that while it wasn't at the event itself, starting tomorrow when the 3D conversion opens in Japan, there will be a trailer announcing it at the start.

Seems dubious to me, but we'll find out tomorrow.

Kondo from Ufotable just tweeted a confirmation that they will be announcing Fate/Stay Night today. LOL.

Haha, based Ufotable.

Pffft Rin, not delicious brown skinned Archer?
I love Rin too.

mm, delicious Archer. Would watch for that.

Huh, that is odd. The N => M change is easily explained by romanisation differences, but the removal of the first N doesn't make any sense at all. It just makes the title completely meaningless. Maybe it's a typo.

The name is spelled correctly everywhere else that I have seen.
Maybe they got tired of me spamming the correct url day after day waiting for the site to come up since its announcement two weeks ago.

Theonik

Yeah, sure, sometimes that's how it works. But that depends entirely on where whatever you're ordering is coming from and going to. Since they're asking for an extra $10 to ship outside the US, it sounds likely that this would be an import order, and my experience of importing things to Germany tends to go more like the following:

- Order something
- (optional step that happens occasionally) Receive a surprise phone call from Customs complaining in German (god I hate trying to speak German, doubly so on the phone) about how the package hasn't been labelled to their exacting standards and requesting in confusing terms that you send them proof of purchase
- Come home to find a note in your mailbox saying that the package couldn't be delivered because a) you weren't at home, b) there's a Customs charge, c) they didn't feel like giving it to you because they hate you, or d) all of the above.
- Traipse halfway across the city in the early hours of the morning to the office where your package is being held (which isn't open at any reasonable times) and pay them money to get them to give it to you
- PACKAGE GET!

Also since the extra fee to ship outside the US implies that the Blu-Ray would be coming from the US, I'm sceptical about whether it would even be the right region for me to be able to play it.

Basically I just want a download because physical things are more trouble than they're worth.
Oh Germany. LOL
RIP.
Mind you that 99% of the times when there is custom troubles it's the sender that you should be mad with.
And region shouldn't be an issue with those BDs. There is literally no way they'd lock them. And Kickstarters usually send their rewards as gifts. Double Fine did at least.

Media Blasters Adds Koe de Oshigoto! Voice-Acting Comedy Anime

North American anime distributor Media Blasters announced on Friday that it will release the Koe de Oshigoto! comedy voice-acting original anime video series. Media Blasters added that it cannot confirm yet if the release will have an English dub, but it is a possibility. The company also did not specify if it would release the series on DVD or Blu-ray Disc.

The two-episode anime was originally released in Japan in 2010. The series is based on Azure Konno's manga of the same name and follows a high school girl named Kanna Aoyagi (voiced by Mako) who becomes a voice actress for adult games. Naoto Hosoda (The Devil is a Part-Timer!, The Future Diary, Shuffle!, Minami-ke: Okawari) directed the anime at Studio Gokumi and Masashi Suzuki (Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox, Shuffle!) supervised the series scripts.

Media Blasters crawling out of their grave again as usual.

Theonik

What's the point if they don't look like real guns? That's like the main draw of ever getting one.
One of the main draws anyway.
Airsoft associations had to fight a fierce battle with the UK government to get the Realistic firearms act passed to preserve this!
Fuck the UK government seriously. Airsoft is a legal pain in the arse.

I like your bed spread more than mine.
I'm not terribly fond of them myself but thanks anyway!

My main worry is the story turning into a clusterfuck, which Izayoi has assured me is a Rozen Maiden tradition.

It's going to happen even if you don't think it's already there (which I do). College Jun seems like he'll be used as an audience surrogate as he doesn't know shit about what's going on either, but there's still 8 volumes of a Peach-Pit manga completely blank to us, and that isn't something you can just summarize even if they give us pieces of information throughout the season.

And this is all before we take into account the convoluted nature of the series in general. It's pretty much destined to be as confusing as hell by the end.

Love Lab 2

She's just so adorable.

Another great episode to add to the stash, on top of two new characters being added to the cast, one of which is a voyeur!

Oddly enough, I think this has a better straight man act than Going Home Club.

cnet128

Banned
That's awesome!

I like your bed spread more than mine.

Guys what's the point in comparing bedspreads when Kin'iro Mosaic has already provided us with the greatest bedspread known to man?

zSDIofQ.jpg

behold its glory

It's so hilariously and overtly British that I was certain when I watched the episode that it must have been made up by some overenthusiastic Japanese animator who thinks everyone in England sleeps swathed in Union Jacks.

I was pretty taken aback when I found out that shit is actually legit real:

3oj2aVn.jpg

ACTUAL BEDSPREAD IN ACTUAL ENGLAND

Theonik

Guys what's the point in comparing bedspreads when Kin'iro Mosaic has already provided us with the greatest bedspread known to man?

It's so hilariously and overtly British that I was certain when I watched the episode that it must have been made up by some overenthusiastic Japanese animator who thinks everyone in England sleeps swathed in Union Jacks.

I was pretty taken aback when I found out that shit is actually legit real:
Want so hard right now.

cajunator

Banned
Gonna cut down the amount of figures to get from 3 to 1 for the time being. Bleh.

Anyway our postman is pretty awesome since he just leaves it in front of our door. Even gives us my cousin's package just in case.

Of course that's meaningless if the other one comes by.

Getting packages here is very convenient. Really friendly delivery people too.
havent had any trouble at all.

Isn't FS/N almost entirely about Saber doing the dishes or something?

Only 3/4 of it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bolt-action Airsoft guns have diffrent internals and are usually pretty powerful while they have to be limited for use in most ranges.

Look and feel is still important and not all airsoft is made equal.
The point of the sniper rifle is that it shoots larger rounds that can travel further distances at greater speeds, isn't it? You don't get that with a round ball.

And one of the novelties of the P90 is the 50 round clip... but it just seems kind of pointless when each gun seemingly takes a random amount of BB rounds and isn't constrained by the actual round count of the weapon.

Now, if they made an airsoft version of the Corner Shot, complete with working camera, that would be something else. lol

cajunator

Banned

- Order something
- PACKAGE GET!

If its that much trouble then yeah digital makes sense. Stuff gets to my place with zero hassle.

More pics here
Finally I have them. Fucking Royal Mail not delivering my Akari at the start.

Those are sooooo adorable! You chose wisely!

Theonik

Told you so.
I am a believer!

The point of the sniper rifle is that it shoots larger rounds that can travel further distances at greater speeds, isn't it? You don't get that with a round ball.
Longer barrel too usually, in airsoft though sniper type guns are usually spring operated and are comparatively better at range bearing in mind that designs vary by manufacturer and the way they look is more to do with a theatrical standpoint.

And one of the novelties of the P90 is the 50 round clip... but it just seems kind of pointless when each gun seemingly takes a random amount of BB rounds and isn't constrained by the actual round count of the weapon.
Actually the main novelty of the magazine being there is that it's transparent and in your line of sight so you can see available ammo, but again the point is largely cosmetic on having an airsoft gun resemble a real gun.

Those are sooooo adorable! You chose wisely!
I thanks. Really happy with them myself.

Can I have it then?
No! <(&#65507;&#65078;&#65507;)>

If its that much trouble then yeah digital makes sense. Stuff gets to my place with zero hassle.

I usually don't have much hassle, but it can get really annoying when something requires a signature and they just come when I'm not there.

I also once caught a delivery guy just walking away with the package and not even leaving a note when I had taken a couple of minutes to get to the door, and lost another package from a similar event. I wish they'd just leave the stuff at my door.

Regina's betrayal made her unworthy of her shrine now?

Who the hell said anything about destroying Regina's shrine? It's still intact despite the betrayal (more like branwashed).

I'll just use a different character for it though. The question is who will make it... Erika, Yayoi, or Regina herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom