• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
More pics here
Finally I have them. Fucking Royal Mail not delivering my Akari at the start.
Yay! You got her finally.

My Alter Akari arrived today as well!

iTjwLxUfxf3RO.jpg

Along with the Miho nendo.

iTGGsrtT1jm14.jpg

(Why did they stop with the character specific inlays for the nendo boxes?)

Shame her tank is still in the box waiting to be assembled.

And Animal Crossing gave me this advice in regards to improving my happiness:
tumblr_mpu5lzCFWO1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Tenumi

Banned
I fear how many figurines I'd have if I started collecting them.

Also, I fear what I'd be like if I never slept so I could keep up with this thread. Seriously, screw it!

duckroll

That wasn't a problem in that fight at all. It's a much bigger problem in the other fight. You know which one.

It's a problem in all the fights honestly. Just different variations of the problem. The darkness makes everything look kinda the same and the colors and details can't stand out at all. The effects were great, the lighting not so much.

Narag

It's a problem in all the fights honestly. Just different variations of the problem. The darkness makes everything look kinda the same and the colors and details can't stand out at all. The effects were great, the lighting not so much.

I couldn't tell what the hell was going on during that opening encounter :(

cajunator

Banned
I usually don't have much hassle, but it can get really annoying when something requires a signature and they just come when I'm not there.

I also once caught a delivery guy just walking away with the package and not even leaving a note when I had taken a couple of minutes to get to the door, and lost another package from a similar event. I wish they'd just leave the stuff at my door.

They always just leave it at my door whether im there or not.

iTjwLxUfxf3RO.jpg

iTGGsrtT1jm14.jpg

I want that Alter Akarin...wonder if shes sold out?

I fear how many figurines I'd have if I started collecting them.

Also, I fear what I'd be like if I never slept so I could keep up with this thread. Seriously, screw it!

the answers are more figures than you have space for and a post count above 1000.

Jarmel

Banned

I really didn't have that problem. The kaiju colors really stood out against the darkness and the mech's color is distinctive enough. Again just referring to Hong Kong.

duckroll

I really didn't have that problem. The kaiju colors really stood out against the darkness and the mech's color is distinctive enough. Again just referring to Hong Kong.

When it's the only big set piece with multiple mechs fighting multiple monsters in the entire movie, setting it in water at night is a terrible idea. It's a total waste of the designs.

Jarmel

Banned
When it's the only big set piece with multiple mechs fighting multiple monsters in the entire movie, setting it in water at night is a terrible idea. It's a total waste of the designs.

Well the intro bit was supposed to be kinda chaotic. I do think there needed to be a separate fight sequence though as you're right, it was a waste of the designs.

Narag

Hopefully this is addressed in Pacific Rim 2: Electric Mechakaiju

Dresden

But can you guys say no to OUTBREAK COMPANY?

Outbreak Company's story centers around Shinichi Kano, a "thoroughbred class" otaku with a light novelist father and an erotic game artist mother. He has no special talents except for his vast knowledge, opinions, and insight on moe.

Despite this, the Japanese government assigns Shinichi as a "moe" evangelist to the Holy Eldant Empire, a parallel world with an entrance through a thick forest of trees in the Mount Fuji area. In this fantasy world where dragons soar the skies, Shinichi forms a deep friendship with the half-elf maid girl Myuseru and the beautiful young empress Petoraru. Even as he deals with the threats of war between different factions, he worries that he himself is an invader (shinryakusha) to this wondrous land.

These light novels . . .

Since you people always seem eager to look ahead to the future:

Pokemon X/Y
Samurai Flamenco
Yozakura Quartet
Kuroko's Basketball S2
Log Horizon
BlazBlue

Probably:
Galilei Donna
KILL la KILL
Meganebu!
Diamond no Ace
Diabloic Lovers
Multiple Choice LN Adaptation Blah Blah

Theonik

Who the hell said anything about destroying Regina's shrine? It's still intact despite the betrayal (more like branwashed).

I'll just use a different character for it though. The question is who will make it... Erika, Yayoi, or Regina herself.
Sorry I have no idea how animal crossing works.

iTjwLxUfxf3RO.jpg

iTGGsrtT1jm14.jpg

That's some excellent advice right there. Also I think the loss of inlays is part of their new branding post 300. I think the new packaging looks cleaner tbh and it's more Gaijin friendly.
I just looked on there for the Yuno and Hakase Nendos. Still sold out. Sadness.

Jarmel

Banned
KyoANi is probably going to be Chooknee and BONES is...well lets just say I don't have any faith in them anymore.

Have faith in Watanabe although I expect the comedy to be super-deformed or something. As for KyoAni, it depends on what they do. Chuuni might be spring of next year. Now can ufotable pump out FS/N this fall as well?

lol

cjkeats

Since you people always seem eager to look ahead to the future:

Some fun looking stuff in there. Mostly excited for the movies. Madoka and P3. All over my face. However I highly doubt we'll get an international release of P3, unfortunately.

I've been thirsty for a new Kiss X Sis OVA too, glad that's coming.

Gatchman Crowds 1

For now it seems a nice, fun series. I like the character designs, stylized and varied, though lots of backgrounds are pretty dull and unremarkable (though it may be done to create contrast against the more fantastic side of the world, like the Gatchman base).

The moment the MC is "chosen" has some erotic subtext btw.... or maybe I'm just a pervert.

The MC, btw, is funny, she is kind of crazy but for now the good kind of refreshing crazy (think Tsuirama favorite alien fish) and not annoying character crazy.
I like especially her voice, she does some cute and curious sounds when she is too hyped and happy for something, like the note blocs.

CG suits are cg-y and tacky, but at least they will serve to have smooth action scenes in the series, I suppose.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also I think the loss of inlays is part of their new branding post 300. I think the new packaging looks cleaner tbh and it's more Gaijin friendly.
I just looked on there for the Yuno and Hakase Nendos. Still sold out. Sadness.
Well the exterior design certainly looks slicker but I'll miss those inlays.

Pretty sure Yuno was on sale on AmiAmi earlier in the week. But I suppose you're not a big fan of them at the moment. Why didn't you order her before release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom