• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Gatchaman Crowds 01
Astoundingly lame. There is no proper cadence set, and scenes do a terrible job of establishing setting and where the characters are relative to one another within the world.

Dynedom

Gatchaman Crowds - 01

Man, dat OST. This is really fun stuff. Hajime is great, haha. Art can be hit or miss but at least the CG is fluid.

Sign me up!

wsippel

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds

Holy shit, that looked like someone threw a couple of neon markers into a tumbler. Extremely colorful and stylized. A complete visual mess, yet somehow appealing. I think I like it. Hajime is cool. JJ seems like a cool, if slightly perverted dude as well.

Wait, the Ben-to and Jormungand guy did the soundtrack? That explains a lot. I absolutely love his stuff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Gatchaman Crowds
Wait, the Ben-to and Jormungand guy did the soundtrack? That explains a lot. I absolutely love his stuff.
The sound effects are so poorly implemented or consistently absent they ruin the audio though.

Rozen Maiden 1/2

Putting this series on hold, it's very clear this is Rozen Maiden Brotherhood and the first episode is rapidly going though a lot of events to quickly get to "new material". Having not seen the original anime nor read the manga I'm just completely lost. I really like what I've seen though and will get back to it once I've had time to marathon the original series.

Syrinx

Glass Fleet 26 - End

Oh God what's happening???

HIZAC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleo's dead, Vetti. He ain't gonna be telling you shit.

Wait, what in the fuck is this? This rather homoerotic. Wait, Vetti is the God of Love? I...huh? Because...why? Sense...some? Maybe? Somewhere? Anywhere? You like the sound of that? But...this whole time...cruel and mean...huh? You were searching for love? But...huh? But...you had love. But...you were afraid of it? So...what? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!

AND WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING NOW?! A new galaxy?! The Glass Battleship was the key or something?!

CLEO WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! So now Cleo's inside Vetti and that magically makes him good?! And now he's going to rule the universe again and pilot the Glass Battleship because of Cleo's solay?! I...I can't...I...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gatchaman Crowds

Holy shit, that looked like someone threw a couple of neon markers into a tumbler. Extremely colorful and stylized. A complete visual mess, yet somehow appealing. I think I like it. Hajime is cool. JJ seems like a cool, if slightly perverted dude as well.

This is your first nakamura show isn't it

Narag

Glass Fleet 26 - End

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In memory of Branduil:

i7dIgQeXZIkGQ.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1: This was a soild if bland start to the series, understandable since they have all the intro work to do. It is a bold move making the genki girl the start of the show, hopefully one that doesn't end up with having a splitting headache. The art style is alright, the color scheme though, it burns my eyes at time, looking at you Gatchman HQ. Also, are the other Gatchaman going to do something or are they just set dressing?

The Hong Kong fight is better than any mech scene in any of the Evas.

I don't buy this. Bearing in mind I've just seen the trailers the fights looks slow and robotic. My favourite Eva fight was in end of evangelion with Asuka and the production units. That fight looked so much better than anything in the trailers.

Narag

Gatchaman Crowds 1

Loved the look and characters, thought it was a little too expository though. Detail and look of the suits gives it a comic book fel that I really like when the action kicks up. Confident it'll get more awesome as it goes on.

also dat OP

Stealling this from someone's post earlier in the page. Is that mouth common for whoever was character designer? It makes me think of the standard Gatchaman helmets and how the beak lenses appear over the mouths at times.

I don't buy this. Bearing in mind I've just seen the trailers the fights looks slow and robotic. My favourite Eva fight was in end of evangelion with Asuka and the production units. That fight looked so much better than anything in the trailers.

HK fight was godly. #teamjarmel

trejo

You're not being particularly dense; nearly everyone who has watched it has commented that the last 30 minutes basically devolve into a bit of an incoherent mess....unless you're quite familiar with the original text and even then there seems to be some confusion. Here's BluWAcky's post which DiGiKerot kindly linked me to back when I first joined.

I made a comment not too long ago about how it was nice to see that
childhood friend
cuts the standard bullshit and confesses which is a bit of a rarity but that is probably down to a pacing issue of the film.

Thanks for linking that post. It was very informative! Good to know it wasn't just me then.

Huh, so the film does expect you to come into it armed with knowledge of the original material? I can't help but feel like that was a very bad call as I think it should have been allowed to stand on its own two feet and would've resulted in a much stronger narrative as a result.

And judging from yours being the only reply I got I figure not a whole lot of people here have watched this film? I actually find that a little odd as at first glance it seems like the kinda stuff many here go for.

Since you people always seem eager to look ahead to the future:

AOTY Excite:

Kill la Kill

Excite

Valvrave

Interested/will watch

Pupa
Magi
Yozakura
Magi s2

Curious

Diomedia
Strike the Blood
Freezing s2
Kikou Shoujo
Log Horizon
Coppelion
Outbreak Company
Samurai Flamenco

Obligation watch

Infinite Stratos s2

Could be a pretty good season.

Tenumi

Banned
Looking at that seasonal chart, can't say right now that I'm planning any more than Kill la Kill, but as this season has shown, plans change quickly.

Gatchaman Crowds: 01

I'm going to do lewd things to you, notebook...

This was out of left field for me. No interest until I saw some images, gave this first episode a watch, and wow. I certainly liked it, and am interested in where it will go. Also, its visually out there, and I like that.

She sure does.

This is the only annoying thing in gatchaman, wtf where they smoking when they thought of that character. Needlessly sexualised. I would like to watch some animes where the characters aren't stupidly sexualised for absolutely no reason other than fan service.

wsippel

Banned
This is the only annoying thing in gatchaman, wtf where they smoking when they thought of that character. Needlessly sexualised. I would like to watch some animes where the characters aren't stupidly sexualised for absolutely no reason other than fan service.
What if there is a reason...?

She isn't really presented in any kind of sexual way in the first episode though, despite her outfit. The protagonist is much more "sexualized".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom