• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Watching Free! under the assumption Rin is a ghost and the other guys are still dealing with his death is yielding more fruit than I thought possible.
I feel like I've gone too far down the rabbit hole.
keyani strikes again

Rin being dead would be too easy. It much more likely hes in a coma and is projecting this body that can interact with people.
Too far down . . . like Rin as he was sucked into the riptide on an Australian coast.
He become one with the water.

He became… FREE!

Narag

nR9Wg76l.jpg

aaLECgLl.png

KFhcXsOl.png

hLVopL0l.png

aaa

CorvoSol

E7AO 10

In the near future, you cannot even look at the cover of a book without instantly being bugged by basically all of your coworkers at once. GEOSH. That said, this stuff about Kosovo is interesting, although, I mean, kinda odd to say "we made up the possibility of a genocide as a PR angle" when, you know, genocide was actually happening there. Then again, Code Geass Alt History timey wimey whatever I don't actually care anymore because I have seen The Truth.

It's amazing how one extremely bad character can so completely tank my opinion of a show.

Is it just me, or do several of the Secrets look like a penis if penises were colored by Hot Topic? This episode was good for exactly 9 minutes and 20 seconds. Then the guy who is basically Howl if Howl had all the personality of Shadow the Hedgehog and Nia's dye job showed up and the episode was instantaneously ruined.

Congratulations, Truth, you have joined the prestigious ranks of Setsuna Fucktard Seiei and Shinn Asuka as one of the characters in anime I cannot even bear to look at without feeling my bile rise and my urge to slap something spiral out of control. You pompous fucking completely unnecessary hateful, wrong, unwelcome, show ruining, inane, monstrously garish to behold, insipid, crude piece of living shit.

Anyway back to the show.

HEY IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW HOW COOL TRUTH IS HE DOESN'T HAVE TO PILOT A GIANT ROBOT. HE CAN JUST FLY AROUND AND COMMAND THEM WITH HIS MAGIC POWERS. HE IS AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER AND NOT A KAWORU CLONE SO STFU. DO NOT STEAL.

Yo seeing Kirkland signature brand things means that Ao and Chief are inside a Costco. As a special shout out to shows that hurt my brain, the King of Quaker Oats makes a special guest appearance on boxes of Quaker Oats behind Ao. HEY GUYS I USE TOILET PAPER THAT WAS IN EUREKA SEVEN ASTRAL OCEAN DO YOU?

Actually wait a minute is this background even hand drawn or just a fancied up photo of the inside of an actual Costco? This is some Ctrl Alt Del Google Blurred Image Background shenanigans if the latter. Last anime I watched that did that nonsense was MUSASHI GUN DOH. '

Ao using that tent as cover was some pretty slick thinking. Maybe there is hope for him yet.

You know what the worst part of this episode was? Truth's presence was completely unnecessary. It was a good episode that did a fair amount to develop Ao, Ivica and Rebecka, and I can respect that. Ivica and Rebecka's relationship got a good amount of depth because of this episode.

But Truth wasn't necessary to it at all. Everything that happened in this episode, happened without his involvement. The worst he did was move a Costco into the desert which . . . was completely unnecessary. Otherwise everything we discovered and saw the characters doing was in no way influenced by him.

He's a terrible nuisance to the story, which is the worst thing a villain can hope to be.

It's obviously not true, but it's fun to speculate!
That's because the one dying is Haru, in episode six.

Well yeah, that's too interesting for something Kyoani would decide to adapt. I might actually watch it, but then we get to the problem of wanting to be surprised by something I already know.

Also, happy birthday XXXXX!!!

It's only funny if it's not true. No one should want KyoAni to Jun Maeda this.

Well yeah, that's too interesting for something Kyoani would decide to adapt. I might actually watch it, but then we get to the problem of wanting to be surprised by something I already know.

Also, happy birthday XXXXX!!!
You're not the person I was expecting to call for Key drama.

Dresden

railgun s - 14

This is some atrocious pacing. The conspiracy theory that Nagai purposefully sabotaged this arc so he'd have six or so episodes to play around with at the end feels a little more plausible now.

Narag

Well that was interesting. It's weird how the two central authority figures for the club was a teacher who acts like it's fine to pretend the past doesn't exist and a coach so wrapped up in the past he damaged his present hence his current job.

I also suspect that each of the main characters represents a stage of the Kübler-Ross model. Obviously Haru is depression as seen above, Rin is anger due to his death, Nagisa is denial hence his forced cheerfulness and acting like everything is always ok, and Makoto is acceptance exemplified by the care he shows toward the living be it the old lady in the first ep, the small cat, or even his siblings. Glasses will be bargaining and only then will they be able to fully work through Rin's death.

It seems like Free will have its own kind of hamfisted drama though

I hope not.

Railgun 14
I remember this episode, except the last time I saw it I don't think that cat was there. Wondering pacing, let's squeeze every second we can out of retread material!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The Count of Monte Cristo 13

And lo, the Count said

tumblr_mi2utg3sgw1s559c9o1_500.gif

and

fd9.gif

and he saw that it was so fucking good.

Sad little ending though.
I actually kinda like Hade or whatever her name is.

wonzo

Banned
Kinmoza 1

kinmoza1.jpg

this episode is totally worth watching just for the hilarious english accents in this. good god i cant stop laughing

CorvoSol

Bunny Drop 11

I don't think I've ever wanted to see a couple hook up in an anime as badly as I've wanted to see Daikichi and Nitani get together. I mean COME ON. Yes, it is a little fairy tale sounding, but should that stand in the way when they just sort of complete each other so well? And I mean, yeah, there's never really a time for any amazing romance between them, but come on now, Daikichi, if you don't at least ask this woman out on a date or something you will be such a fool. Not as bad as say, Code Geass' Rivalz who saw the world legit ending around him and still failed to even tell the woman he loved how he felt, but still.

Don't let me down, Daikichi!

The getting sick plot was done really well, too. Seeing Daikichi struggle with seeing Rin sick and then having Nitani tell him he needed to get a grip was all really nice. What got me most though was having Rin and Daikichi just hug at the end of the episode when she got better.

Bunny Drop S2 will be about Daikichi having to learn what babies are like when he
and Nitani have a baby.

Bunny Drop S3 will be a prequel high school harem drama where Daikichi has relationship options with Masako, Nitani, and also a new girl we will all hate equally.

Bunny Drop S4 will be a sequel that looks like a prequel and feature a magical wizard antagonist. Everyone in AnimeGAF will warn me not to watch it. I will watch it anyway.

Theonik

Happy Birthday /XX/!

huh, team visor really did disband.
Row Row fight da powa.

So if I don't believe in Panties, does that mean that every woman, fictional or real, is going nopan all day every day?
Do panties still exist when you can't see them? DEEP.

Happy B-day /XX/, you bring information that mostly goes over my head and the fact that Anno likes flying pantsless butts.
But they are wearing pants in-universe!

お誕生日おめでとうございます /XX/-san!

I used Google Translate

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Bunny Drop 11

I don't think I've ever wanted to see a couple hook up in an anime as badly as I've wanted to see Daikichi and Nitani get together. I mean COME ON. Yes, it is a little fairy tale sounding, but should that stand in the way when they just sort of complete each other so well? And I mean, yeah, there's never really a time for any amazing romance between them, but come on now, Daikichi, if you don't at least ask this woman out on a date or something you will be such a fool. Not as bad as say, Code Geass' Rivalz who saw the world legit ending around him and still failed to even tell the woman he loved how he felt, but still.

Don't let me down, Daikichi!

The getting sick plot was done really well, too. Seeing Daikichi struggle with seeing Rin sick and then having Nitani tell him he needed to get a grip was all really nice. What got me most though was having Rin and Daikichi just hug at the end of the episode when she got better.

Bunny Drop S2 will be about Daikichi having to learn what babies are like when he
and Nitani have a baby.

Bunny Drop S3 will be a prequel high school harem drama where Daikichi has relationship options with Masako, Nitani, and also a new girl we will all hate equally.

Bunny Drop S4 will be a sequel that looks like a prequel and feature a magical wizard antagonist. Everyone in AnimeGAF will warn me not to watch it. I will watch it anyway.

But there won't be any more Bunny Drop because there's no more material to adapt!

Nope. None. None at all. Absolutely not. There definitely isn't a part 2 to the manga or anything.

Nope.

Part 2 doesn't exist and if anyone tells you that it does, they're a horrible liar.

jbug617

Banned
Bunny Drop 11

and Nitani have a baby.

I don't think anybody wants another season of Bunny Drop.

Narag

Symphogear G 2

Can't complain about this. I wanted a larger focus on the action and that's what I got. First series was really really bad about showing conflict resolution early on, not the case this time around.

Thoraxes

Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! - 12 END

I have no words for the awesome contained within.

Also:

hDUewJk.jpg

KJXlAaK.jpg

Also it's hard to show people this show with images cause I would probably get banned over 1000 times.

ON TO THE OVAs

Conan-san

3BEDd.jpg

The savior of anime is here!
Because it'll resurrect Jojo

Well this is.... something...
And if they didn't have that Dog-Slime at her legs there, they could have just about gotten away with it.

Two seasons, a barron wasteland of not JoJo for this. Doesn't even execute on it's primace properly.

I don't have a direct link, but they confirmed it at Anime Expo.

Thank you very much! :)

Now I have another problem! I have no anime to watch!

Attack on Titan, HXH and all the other stuff are a long time away.

I'm thinking of Silver Spoon but it doesn't really appeal to me.

I prefer something action filled or thiller.

And if they didn't have that Dog-Slime at her legs there, they could have just about gotten away with it.

Two seasons, a barron wasteland of not JoJo for this. Doesn't even execute on it's primace properly.

The only reason why I told this on was because apparently enjoying Jojo was a crime, so I had to pay by watching this.... or rather it was a deal or whatever between two guys.

Sailor Moon 6

I was lied to. Someone told me that Ami was going to show up in either 5 or 6. Neither of those were right.

In the world of a grown up, they're not too different from little Usagi chan here.

For our famous guy, he was chased after a tape by a woman. I guess you can say she was.... Batshit Insane!

Although he makes one pick up line to a girl he likes towards the end, and gets married over night. How easy can he be man.

NEXT TIME, AMI WILL SHOW UP, MAYBE
Don't tell me when she'll show up, I want to find out for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom