• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned

Simoun <3
The best show that looks like complete shit.

Mine wouldn't be that entertaining. I mostly keep a straight demeanor.

The exception being the "revelation" in Yami 12, where I audibly yelled "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!"

Well yes, but thats elephant oatmeal. Its clearly a very special case.

Hell I'd just be happy with a mumble server or something. Socializing on IRC just isn't nearly as fun.

What the shit is a mumble server?

CorvoSol

Its a very nice book. I hug it sometimes.

I'm not in the habit of hugging books.

Considering Sonic 06 retconned itself out of existence at the end, I leave it at that.

3rd Birthday is more Toriyama/SE tripe, rather not think about it.

You know that every time Sonic 2K6 comes up though you think of hot hedgehog on human girl action.

- Eva 3.33

I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry

It was 4 AM when I finished watching it. I DID curl up and cry. Or something. Those cubes, man.

I spent the day after watching it trying to make sense of some of the imagery and just got myself angry.

I rewatched it some time later and basically just sighed it off. I'll still be there for Eva 4 so I can hope it is good. It won't be.

A servile girl with flashes of extremely passive aggressive disdain seems like genuine character traits to me. More so than the blank slate you imply at least.

Yeah but that depends entirely on interpretation. Anthy doesn't DO anything icy in that scene. She just stands there and smiles like a door stop as usual. The only time Anthy's ever even indicated she has thoughts or a personality is when she told Utena she wished she had more friends. And then the show cracked open my mind and fucked it by showing that Anthy's "wants" are dependent upon the wants of whoever she is engaged to, so it is entirely possible that she acted that way just because Utena wanted her to.

The only thing she's ever done for herself in this show is maybe
fucking her brother
and even then it doesn't look quite like its HER choice to do that.

The only character trait Anthy has so far is not having any defining character trait.

cajunator

Banned
Mumble is like Ventrillo or TeamSpeak

What is.....

A place where people can chat with their mics. Usually used to coordinate online multiplayer stuff but it's also a great way to hangout. Maybe you've heard of ones like teamspeak, ventrillo, or hell even skype.

OHHHHHH
ok.
tumblr_mj4g2jgIBi1r14blmo1_500.gif

Toradora 5!

Oh so the new girl's a bitch. Girl radar and ass whoopins? Minori is totally awesome! And dat Taiga/New Girl showdown. I neeeed dis!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah but that depends entirely on interpretation. Anthy doesn't DO anything icy in that scene. She just stands there and smiles like a door stop as usual. The only time Anthy's ever even indicated she has thoughts or a personality is when she told Utena she wished she had more friends. And then the show cracked open my mind and fucked it by showing that Anthy's "wants" are dependent upon the wants of whoever she is engaged to, so it is entirely possible that she acted that way just because Utena wanted her to.

fucking her brother

The only character trait Anthy has so far is not having any defining character trait.
javMEId.jpg

If their's one thing I get excited for about new seasons, its the openings. Love it when a new season comes out because usually at least 3 opening songs are good. Some honorable mentions this season are:

Shippuden op 13
Mushibugyou's op
One Piece Hands Up
Toriko's 2nd opening song.

I like the rock songs with a powerful chorus part that gets you hyped and all 4 of these have that. I expect good things this season. Blood Lad's opening song is sounding intriguing already. I'm still looking for that song to top SAO's Crossing Field, Accel World's Burst The Gravity, and Freezing's Colors.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 2

I'm really enjoying the fact that the whole surface dream world that Kamina's been dreaming of is actually some kind of post-apocalyptic deserted land. It feels weird seeing this survivalist group that Yuko's a part of look kind of happy in this. I mean nothing about them screamed "suffering" at me. But then again, the designs on the robots are on the silly side, so I'm guessing the show isn't taking that serious of a route.

Oh crap, talk about painful. Talking casually to a
dead corpse only to realize that it's the corpse of your father that never made it home
. Ouch.

So now I'm guessing these two are going to set their goals of revenge a la Eren from Attack on Titan. This is getting interesting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
While its not as exaggerated as the Marimite world, super exclusive high schools like St. Lillian do exist.
Oh, of course. Toronto has an exclusive rich boy's school that has prime ministers for alumnus. I think the idea that there is this pseudo-hierarchy that exists now is weird though.

Like in British public schools (what we know as private schools), there was a system of "fagging" where an older boy takes a younger boy as a servant. Now maybe something similar still exists, but I have to figure that it's probably not as crazily formalized as it was back then.

Then again, we still have frat houses, so who knows. lol

zeroshiki

Oh, of course. Toronto has an exclusive rich boy's school that has prime ministers for alumnus. I think the idea that there is this pseudo-hierarchy that exists now is weird though.

Like in British public schools (what we know as private schools), there was a system of "fagging" where an older boy takes a younger boy as a servant. Now maybe something similar still exists, but I have to figure that it's probably not as crazily formalized as it was back then.

Then again, we still have frat houses, so who knows. lol

The extent to which people will degrade themselves to in the name of tradition or generally just fitting in is kinda mind blowing.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
How exactly do you research post rates?
Sounds like a lot of work.

1. Calculate time elapsed from OP to last post
2. Divide final post count by duration

it's actually pretty simple.

For as long as it takes, Felix! There are no shortcuts on the road to recovery! We're not giving up, so you certainly can't either!

if it makes you all feel any better, over the past year y'all haven't been very regular in your posting rates

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The extent to which people will degrade themselves to in the name of tradition or generally just fitting in is kinda mind blowing.

I want an anime about the Skull and Bones Society with moe genderflipped versions of George W. Bush, John Kerry, and other power-elite Yale alums.

fucking her brother

Well the whole point of being passive aggressive is that you're not doing anything but ok we can chalk that up to reading into things. In the first episode she wishes Utena, the challenger of the then current owner of the rose bride, good luck. This isn't a formality of the duels and it's something she hasn't done in any of the other duels you've seen since
regardless of who the current owner was.
It's something she did of her own accord because she wanted to, It's not much but it's an indication of independent thoughts if not very many independent actions. I can see believing that there's very little to her character but to me one with no traits at all would be like queen Amidala in the phantom menace.

edit: Oh yeah and pretty much what Regulus did more succinctly.

Kill Me Baby 1

I was exhausted, and tired, and my sister took my mango juice so I decided to watch this.

The OP made me think FOE.

So we have an assassin, a school girl, and a fake ninja with the power of scam jutsus. 4koma pretty much ran through my entire head watching this. It really feels like one (probably is).

This is rather weird. I like this so far.

cajunator

Banned
Kill Me Baby 1

I was exhausted, and tired, and my sister took my mango juice so I decided to watch this.

The OP made me think FOE.

So we have an assassin, a school girl, and a fake ninja with the power of scam jutsus. 4koma pretty much ran through my entire head watching this. It really feels like one (probably is).

This is rather weird. I like this so far.

Kill Me Baby should have saved anime.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Vividred Operation - 12 [END]

Don't know how it happened but I forgot to wrap this up last season. Not sure whether its because I'm tired or the length of time since I've last watched this, but I was pretty bored with the finale. Only real standout moment was when
Vividred happened, but even then their finisher was super lame. I mean, you have a collider finisher that shoots this huge ass beam, a gigantic rocket hammer, and a sword the length of an airplane and the best you could come up with is a punch finisher for the lead girl? For shame. Pair that with the cliched ending of Rei returning to their world and you have your safe happy ending.

The show is 'alright', but its definitely no Strike Witches:
image.php
image.php
image.php
out of 5

Jex

This thread has proven time and time again that it is the contrary.
After all people have been saying to watch the E7AO Sakuga MADs instead of the series!
Direct competition!

Hey, people weren't going to watch that show anyway because they were regularly told how awful it is!

Hey, people weren't going to watch that show anyway because they were regularly told how awful it is!

That's not how this thread works. Otherwise no one would've watched Max Heart or the Rapeman.

Actually glad I wasn't into the anime scene completely when it aired, otherwise I'd have my heart broken in weekly motion.

Wish I could say the same about endless eight. Week after week of hoping this is the one where it ends!

Jarmel

Banned
Shingeki 12-

A whole bunch of nothing happening. Also Sawano's work other than episode 7 has been really shitty in this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom